Overlake Medical Center and Clinics

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
J. Michael Marsh

1. Fantastic hospital with top ratings in healthcare and patient experience.

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent healthcare services with great career opportunities. The Grade A on Leapfrog, five star rating on health grades and Gold plus elite in stroke care make us a step above all other healthcare facilities on the east side. Very proud to be apart of the progressive care team on South 4 that provides excellent patient care in a teamwork atmosphere that makes being a team member phenomenal!

Cons

Traffic on 405 can be challenging, but worth the drive to be on an outstanding team with vision and proven track record.

Advice to Management

Continue with safety initiatives which are fabulous!

2. World-Class Healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (More than a year)

Pros

Overlake is a growing, innovative, and caring healthcare organization with a network of clinics and a world-class, acute-care hospital in the heart of the booming Eastside. Work with leading physicians, cutting-edge technologies, and an inspiring community of professionals that will challenge you everyday to be your best.

Cons

Bellevue's housing prices are very high and many employees have to commute from long distances. Traffic congestion on the Eastside is the worst that it's ever been. This could make Valley or Prov Everett more appealing for employees who live outside of the Greater Eastside.

Advice to Management

The renewed focuses on engagement, safety, and quality will pay big dividends. Hold the course. Find better ways to encourage engagement--the Bravo system is 20 years old and it is just not very meaningful. Find a new way of rewarding focused and engaged employees.

3. Happily employed at Overlake Medical Center

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have found Overlake Medical Center to be great place to work. The organization has a strong mission to "provide medical excellence everyday" along with an established vision, defined values and a "results orientated" culture. Compensation is fair and they offer an excellent benefits package including employer matching retirement funds and a generous paid time off program. The organization will listen to ideas and is not top heavy; you can talk to anyone from the CEO down. Management does not micro-manage and once you prove yourself, you are given lots of autonomy to complete tasks, etc. Great place for career minded employees with plenty of upward mobility. Healthy bottom line that allows the organization to focus on patient care and not finances.

Cons

Sometimes we run too lean.

Advice to Management

Like most organizations, we all want to work at the to of our license/ability, sometimes we run too lean regarding admin support and ability to flex our workforce.

5. A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Overlake feels like you are part of a family. We are all here with the same mission of taking care of every patient, one patient at a time even for those us in non-patient care roles. I have been at Overlake for 13 years and had the opportunities to work in different departments in different positions.

Cons

Overlake runs very lean. Overlake is successful financially because of this but it means a lot of hard work.

Advice to Management

I would like there to be more opportunities for flexible work schedules and working remotely for administrative/clerical positions. It would be nice to have a formal wellness program for employees.

A small family of hard working individuals strongly dedicated to the organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People genuinely beleive in Overlake, as a place to work, interact and make better. It's a fast paced organization that can't behind a corporate culture or system mentality. Everyone works very hard. The culture is one of camaraderie and I've never felt that I couldn't call anyone directly to ask questions about problems or issues.
    Financially appears very strong and the organization appears to be working towards a long range goal of remaining independent.

Cons

Change is slow and cumbersome. I view this as a positive at times because reversing bad decisions can take even longer to fix. Did I mention the work pace is fast. :-)

Advice to Management

Create a better method for rewarding positive results. The playing field is consistently leveled to the lowest common denominator (an issue across most non-profit healthcare organizations) with little ability within the current comp structure to truly push for and reward exceptional results.

I've had the absolute privilege to call Overlake my second home for about 14 years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

As in any area of one's life, you get back what you put in, and what I see is a lot of hard work and dedication by staff and leadership alike. Overlake leadership has always been highly supportive of staff and it's a wonderful place to work, and to receive care. Overlake just feels like a family, and is absolutely committed to providing the highest quality, safe, and compassionate care possible. This is evident in comments and compliments I hear on a daily basis from patients, family members, and even vendor customers. With Mike Marsh at the helm, I see big, exciting things in Overlake's future!

Cons

The changing healthcare climate is affecting everyone, and Overlake is not exempt from that. Challenges do not cons make however, and my personal belief is that Overlake is rising to the challenge and will continue to grow and get better. Exciting times!

Advice to Management

Stay committed to a culture of open, honest communication and complete transparency, as this builds trust.

8. Nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Open Heart experience, Free Parking, New-ish Building to work in. Awesome scrubs to wear. Health insurance is decent! Prescriptions are 10$ for 30 pills regardless.

Cons

Poor management, only cares about profit. Lot's of restructuring. No team work. Lack of good managers.

Advice to Management

Keep your good employees, don't let them leave. Listen to their concerns. Hire loyal employees.

9. Great place to work

Pros

Everyone is friendly and all hospital departments work together to provide awesome patient care. A lot of employees have worked here for 10+ years.

Cons

When someone leaves others are given those responsibilities instead of hiring another person. It can take a long time to hire a replacement. With the location being in bellevue, wa. It is hard to be able to actually afford live in Bellevue, it is less expensive to live in outer cities with long commutes

10. The staff and managers at Overlake are wonderful!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The culture at Overlake is caring, compassionate, welcoming and warm. Overlake is very community focused and supported. Overklake is always striving for new ways to improve upon what is already the most EXCELLENT of patient care! Overlake has great benefits and is very fair with compensation policies. Overlake is very stable and finacially sound which has been very comforting in these tough econmical times.

Cons

As a not for profit, non taxed supported hospital, Overlake has to work very lean.

11. Worked for many organizations; Overlake is by far the best!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The organization takes care of their employees Benifits are above average. Paid time off is excellent. Very good onboarding.
    Very good leadership at the executive level; have the organization heading in the right direction to continue growth.
    Financially doing well and have remained so during challanging times.
    And should probably mention the excellent location.

Cons

Not a lot that Overlake is not doing right. Maybe more attention to support functions. But that is part of working at a hospital; focus is on patient care (which they do very well).

RSS Feed </> Embed