Oversee.net

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Oversee.net CEO Debra S. Domeyer

Debra S. Domeyer

Loved It

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great, made a lot of good friends. the company was understanding when it came to work life balance.

ConsProjects can pile on top of each other, making it hard to finish one.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication

A great place to work!

ProsFlexible Hours
    Great Benefits
    Supportive Management
    Friendly Environment

ConsTimeliness in the hiring process

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in talented and driven employees

Lots of Potential, all about execution

(Current Employee)

ProsNew strategy to pivot towards mobile and consumer is promising, especially since this company has assets that most startups struggle to acquire: traffic and monetization. New CEO in Debra has brought in a breath of fresh air and tech-focus to this company. Most of the negative reviews here are from ex-employees under prior leadership.

ConsNeed some focus, don't try too many things, do a couple of things well.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to bring in A-level talent to complement the great people here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place and amazing people

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI spent many years working in this company, and the company environment let employees to learn and grow in their own speed.

You can quickly test new ideas and actually measure the business impact. Managers are very supportive and they will greatly appreciate your talent and work.

People in the company are very professional at what they do, but also very nice and friendly. And there are small number of individuals who seems to know about everything.

So, even if google fails you, you can get your answers from those individuals.

ConsOversee.net logo is outdated.
    There are many projects but not enough people for adequate support.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegularly communicate to employees about business.

Laid back, great culture, and flexible work hours.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI am a firm believer in ROWE - results only work environment, and oversee.net seems to be a company that operates under the ROWE mentality rather than the number of hours one puts in.

ConsThere seems to be a high amount of turnover lately. Would be nice to have a front desk person again for our visitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't remember the last time we had a company meeting to discuss what's going on with our company. Once a month company meeting would be nice, perhaps.

Great Challenges and Great People

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI am amazed by the talent here. We have hardworking and talented people on the tech team. I am part of the tech team, and also have a good relationship with the business. I've read the other reviews, and there are challenges, but to me that is a good thing. There's no point in working somewhere without challenges. What value can you bring if there are no challenges?

ConsLike most places, there are some with less than positive attitudes, but the leadership is doing their best to make it a good place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on long term goals, and explain how the goals will be achieved.

Good people, cool coworkers

Product Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros- Competitive salary and benefits
    - Cool and smart coworkers

Cons- Management decisions need more transparency
    - Many changes
    - Job stability can be shaky

Advice to Senior Management- Management decisions need more transparency

Company is changing; talented team on board

Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsCompany making bold moves; startup mentality with lots of incubation projects. With CEO coming out of technology, Domeyer brings a new approach to solutions and interaction with employees. There is realization that company needs to become more engaged with the consumer for the big win. People are smart, friendly, and effective, focused on getting the job done.

ConsWish I lived closer to the office, and that teams could be switched more easily to interact as the needs arise.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the right people and technology to get to the next level. Work on keeping the talented team you have. Customer focus means more user input, outward engagement, etc.

Finally seeing good things

ProsPeople are great and most actually enjoy being here. They have also done a good job of adding some really good talent recently. They are finally showing some innovation, new products, faster dev cycles. Offices are great, fun activities and they seem to be really trying to engage with employees.

ConsStill focused on short term profitability though mindset has been changing recently. They need to upgrade some of their technology (windows XP? Dell?).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you have been doing the last few months, it seems to be working.

Promising Landscape...Great People

ProsChanges are happening here. The senior team is trying to do the right things. It's great to see a CTO that now is our CEO. Much more focus on technology. Upbeat, just need to make sure we can execute.

ConsLong commute, while the office space is beautiful, would love to be somewhere that encourages longer hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it moving! Keep up with the innovation!

Worked for Oversee.net? Contribute to the Community!