Oversee.net

Oversee.net CEO Debra S. Domeyer

Debra S. Domeyer

Extremely Poor Leadership, Layoffs, Stuck in 1999

Los Angeles, CA

Prosfree lunch fridays and a handful of smart, motivated people

ConsThese leaders are truly terrible; CEO is confused; GMs are in over their head and don't know how to run businesses; the company has no intellectual property and does not invest in marketing tools to run operations properly. The company is being ripped apart to be sold or fold - do not join.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement doesn't listen or tell the truth to employees. Trust is earned through vision and leadership. The management at this company has neither.

Work could get tedious

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent salary, benefits, flexibility, people.

ConsCompany had no willingness to invest in interesting ideas that would not turn a profit immediatly.

Loved It

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great, made a lot of good friends. the company was understanding when it came to work life balance.

ConsProjects can pile on top of each other, making it hard to finish one.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Domain Services

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking along side good people, in a cool work environment (360 views, recreational room)...free lunch on Fridays. Some training opportunities.

ConsThe company as a whole seems to be a sinking ship. Management does not have a glue on how to lead and they should learn how to put out products that generate revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to create clear career paths for employees

Great place and amazing people

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI spent many years working in this company, and the company environment let employees to learn and grow in their own speed.

You can quickly test new ideas and actually measure the business impact. Managers are very supportive and they will greatly appreciate your talent and work.

People in the company are very professional at what they do, but also very nice and friendly. And there are small number of individuals who seems to know about everything.

So, even if google fails you, you can get your answers from those individuals.

ConsOversee.net logo is outdated.
    There are many projects but not enough people for adequate support.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegularly communicate to employees about business.

hay days over, still okish

Los Angeles, CA

Pros360 degree office view, nice office, talented ppl, good benefit, layback environment, good work/life balance

Consuncertain future, management only cares about board meetings

Advice to Senior Managementdone't bend to investors all the time. think long term, instead of trying to meet numbers from board every quarter.

Laid back, great culture, and flexible work hours.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI am a firm believer in ROWE - results only work environment, and oversee.net seems to be a company that operates under the ROWE mentality rather than the number of hours one puts in.

ConsThere seems to be a high amount of turnover lately. Would be nice to have a front desk person again for our visitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't remember the last time we had a company meeting to discuss what's going on with our company. Once a month company meeting would be nice, perhaps.

Great Challenges and Great People

Los Angeles, CA

ProsI am amazed by the talent here. We have hardworking and talented people on the tech team. I am part of the tech team, and also have a good relationship with the business. I've read the other reviews, and there are challenges, but to me that is a good thing. There's no point in working somewhere without challenges. What value can you bring if there are no challenges?

ConsLike most places, there are some with less than positive attitudes, but the leadership is doing their best to make it a good place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on long term goals, and explain how the goals will be achieved.

Click Arbitrage is Dead

ProsSmart and cool coworkers
    Talented engineering team
    Relaxed, laid back environment

ConsOutdated business model and websites
    Poor decision making has set them up behind the 8 ball
    Weak product management and innovation
    Traffic decimated over the last 2 years
    GM's are soft, lazy and incapable of driving change
    High Turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementThe current direction you are heading sounds noble (consumer oriented), but you don't know what that means. You should figure out how to make real money first then develop products to suit it..not the other way around. It's nice you're launching new products, however by doing so, your money makers are slowly rotting away. Fix the problems that are staring you right in the face, rather than dedicating all your resources in hopes of the next big thing. Find GM's that can actually drive change. Invest money in real analytics.

More management oversight needed

Los Angeles, CA

ProsOffice location, fully stocked kitchen, friday lunches, game room, and people.

ConsManagement is heading in different directions. Operations has many great ideas and really knows the business, this cannot be said for the finance team. Unfortunately the finance team is not working in conjunction with the views of management and looks to undercut them at all possible opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementFinance team needs more direction and should work together with management as opposed to working against management. Finance and accounting is in great need of improvement, in particular senior finance personnel.

Worked for Oversee.net? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oversee.net reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oversee.net CEO Debra S. Domeyer. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by Oversee.net employees.