Overstock.com

Overstock.com Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Overstock.com Chairman and CEO Patrick M. Byrne

Patrick M. Byrne

Pros:
  • "Work life balance, salary, annual bonus, technically challenging"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Work environment is clean and very serious with maintaining employee safety"
    in 23 reviews
Cons:
  • "Previous reviews on here are obviously from within the company and upper management"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Management team is fairly incompetent, Although recent senior management hires have been impressive"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I love working here the best job I have ever had

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Tooele, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than a year

ProsThe managment is great to work with

Consdays off are never what you realy need but works

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great environment, great people, new challenges everyday

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than a year

ProsThey are very flexible with my schedule and they support a great balance of family and life.

ConsThe holidays can be busy and stressful, but that was expected.

Working for a company that cares.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

ProsI feel like a work for a company that cares greatly about it's own employee's.

ConsI love overstock I have no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe 401k Match is amazing!!!

Overstock.com is the GREATEST place to work!

Customer Care Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay is fantastic, they match 100% of your contributions for your 401(k), my peers are like family, there is a ton of room for growth, and the atmosphere of Overstock.com is one of a kind. I love my job and coming to work everyday!

ConsI have not worked at Overstock.com for that long, this far I cannot think of any cons.

One of the few CEO's who really cares about his employees and helping others

Customer Care (Current Employee)

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are multiple departments to move to throughout the company.

Patrick, the CEO, is a genuinely nice person (in my personal experience) who will take the time to stop and talk to the employees as he walks through the different offices. He is open to suggestions from employees on how to improve work processes and benefits which he has implemented. I have read some of the reviews and there are other former and current employees who have a different opinion.

The co-workers are wonderful people.

ConsIt can be discouraging when trying to advance to other departments when many employees apply for the same position. There does seem to be favoritism, but I have noticed some improvement during the time I have been here. There is a lot of micro management.

Overstock.com rocks!

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEntrepreneurial. Energetic. Movement. Hard-working. Enthusiastic. Appreciative. Team. Leadership.

ConsSometimes can be too casual, but that is generally more of a good thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to review pay vs. other competitors.

Manager

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat environment, management has a clear vision, benefits are very generous, great opportunities for advancement, good work/life balance, opportunity to work with other departments and disciplines.

I read these negative posts and it is obvious these are most likely people that are not willing to throw themselves into the process. This company is growing so fast that it requires your best. Those that can't deal in that world won't make it.

The pay is fair and as stated benefits are very good. Just this month the employees were surveyed on how they would like to see some of the surplus earnings spent on THE EMPLOYEES. The majority vote was for an enhanced 401K so our CEO Patrick Byrne moved the 100% match level up and pulled the vesting requirements. How's that for listening to your employees? Does that sound like the way someone who is only concerned about a profit would act?

In my brief time at Overstock I am absolutely impressed by the employees and managers, this team has a vision and works hard to inspire to greatness. What more can anyone ask of a job?

ConsSo much growth keeps you on your toes, work pace is very fast and some are not willing to keep up which is their loss. If you can't exist in a face paced, high expectation environment you may be better off elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Make sure Ostock.com is a leader in technology and let's create the best possible customer experience we can. Also, keep up the great work with Worldstock,com. What a great way to help the artisans of the world, something I think were all very proud to be a part of.

Patrick is awesome! Always asking for input on decisions, compiling the results and follows through!

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

ProsWork life balance, employee appreciation is amazing!

ConsNone that I have found.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great communication! It's awesome!

Wonderful experience

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than a year

ProsThey recently increased their 401(k) benefits to include a 100% match on 6% of salary that vests instantly. I love this.

ConsThere are no cons. This sentence includes one extra word so that the five word minimum is met, but its up to you to figure out which word is the extra one.

Overstock.com is Da Bomb!

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

ProsA company that works hard and plays hard. I love all the charitable projects the company supports.

ConsCan't think of anything to complain about.

Worked for Overstock.com? Contribute to the Community!

Overstock.com Videos

Overstock.com – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are Overstock.com is a company that cares. Our business model is based on helping our customers save money; and every customer matters. The same goes with our associates. At Overstock.com you are not just… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Overstock.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Overstock.com CEO Patrick M. Byrne. All 373 reviews posted anonymously by Overstock.com employees.