Overstock.com Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Love it here

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

Patrick Byrne! I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the man. Great management team Awesome people. Excellent Business model Fun, dynamic environment.

Cons

I have received some recruiting calls and it is a little disheartening to find out I am underpaid by 30-50% compared to other companies out there.

Advice to Management

Keep moving! I am convinced that my only "con" will be resolved if we keep growing the way we did this year! Besides, I LOVE being part of the group that is sticking it to the Wall Street idiots!

2. Overstock.com

Current Employee - Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

Great people, everybody is down to earth, great benefits, excellent opportunities for advancement, great atmosphere, good pay.

Cons

Processes change a lot and sometimes we will get a call about the issue before we are notified of the updated information from the company. Have to work weekends (not a big deal at all but would prefer for us to be closed every weekend :) )

Advice to Management

More thorough training for the new employees. Relay new updates to company before they take place. Put everybody through training again once a year to refresh our mind. Employees should be offered promotions based on the quality of the work they currently do. We should not be judged on who we know and how good of a recomendation a supervisor gives us. It seems as though there is a lot of favoring for people who are more popular. Which is very shocking considering how good all of the other aspects of this company are. I know people who moved up very quickly and only did a fair job in their previous position before the promotion (coincidentally they are very popular here). I always got praised on how excellent my work was, yet it was quite a fight to move up. Other leads do a not so good job and still hold their position somehow.

3. OSTK is a great place to work.

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

The employees are hard working and good people. Management rewards employees based on merit. I like working with my colleagues.

Cons

The company should focus on growing the business as much as it can, while making sure that it is profitable.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold stand-ups to provide information to the company. Consider holding them in smaller groups to encourage more questions.

5. Love my job

Current Employee - Pam in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Pam in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in. Love the way Patrick is very personable and easy to approach. Most CEO are not like him.

Cons

I dont think that the pay is equal for the job descriptions.

Advice to Management

Look at the way the pay is done. It would be nice to have everyone on an equal pay scale for the job they are doing.

6. The best company I ever worked for

Current Employee - Work Force Management in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Work Force Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

The Company tries very hard to insure that everyone feels like part of the OVerstock.com family. they try very hard to make idividual workers feel empowered to get there job done and insure that the best result for the company and the customer. They also have an award winning team in customer service that they show quite a bit of praise for on a regular basis.

Cons

there are some occasional situations where people may get favored over others because of who they know well or who they are related to. for as good at intercompany comunication it could be even better with the right systems in place.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing such a good job. any complaints I have will probably be fixed on there own with out me even filling this out or are to be expected in any company

7. Overstock Review

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

Overstock is a very employee friendly company. Their benefits and salary are awesome. There is so muc opportunity for growth and career advancement. The benefits are very good as well.

Cons

There are only a couple downfalls. It's very hard to get your scheduled shift changed permanently. The flexibility of scheduling is a little sketchy at times.

Advice to Management

I would say make scheduling just a little more flexible.

8. Love going to work EVERY day!

Current Employee - Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

The best reason to work at Overstock.com is having the opportunity to know and learn from some of the country’s greatest leaders/executives

Cons

Living in SLC in the cold.

Advice to Management

At this time I do not have any.

9. Great department GREAT company I love how respected I am and I LOVE to shop here too!!

Current Employee - Distribution Department in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Distribution Department in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

I love the hours I work and i love my pay rate. I love not working the weekends. I really love this job it's the BEST job I've ever had!! I always brag about how much I love my job cause I really do :) I love coming to work every day it's great when you have a job you truly love to do!

Cons

My supervisor is great but she micro manages alot and that can be annoying. But she's great other than that, and I REALLY do love working here!

Advice to Management

Great management happy with overall performance!!

10. Great to work here

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

Great work environment. Supports learning, education, and interest in community and family.

Cons

Pay and bonuses are unequal between different stores even though workload is similar.

Advice to Management

Need a more clear and extended goal for each department and stick to it!

11. Overall, Overstock.com is a wonderful place to work. I am very happy with my job.

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

Various training opportunities. Very nice people and a strong working environment. Upper management is understanding and is great to work with. Work load is challenging but rewarding. Always something new to figure out and many career building opportunities.

Cons

The pay is lower than expected.

Advice to Management

Upper management is very understanding and encouraging.

RSS Feed </> Embed