Overture Networks Reviews

Reset
3.3
Overture Networks CEO Mike Aquino
Mike Aquino

1. Exciting and challenging opportunity to play a role in an ambitious new technological direction.

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Overture Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great to work with and learn from a proven team of successful innovators. Never a dull moment. Brand new company vision provides chance to work with best in class technology and be a part of historical new growth and success.

Cons

Requires ability to multitask and willingness to work overtime when deadlines approach.

Advice to Management

Avoid common corporate mistakes which demotivate good employees. Demand high standards while respecting that which created past successes. Open communication is key.

2. Ethernet Industry Leader with Exciting Future

Pros

Top tier engineering team with focused leadership.

Cons

Competitive industry leads to challenges in recruiting and retaining the best engineering and management talent.

3. Works on Ensemble Orchestration Platform

I have been working at Overture Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laser focused leader running the development team. Very good team communication. Learning potential extremely high Good Pay and benefits No limit to potential

Cons

Team is small and needs more staff. Corporate and Sales needs to figure out how to sell the technology (Progress continues and getting better) Risk is somewhat high given the market for a small company

Advice to Management

Invest a little more on side of cloud technologies Push Sales & SEs harder. Sales, sales, sales...

5. Great people, a lot to learn, very friendly environment

I have been working at Overture Networks full-time

Pros

A lot of them. And they are worth the cons.

Cons

It is a small company to work. Sometimes workload is there

6. Technology focused work and Value based work Culture

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Overture Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is ample scope for very good Technology related work.

Cons

Few souls around feel they are under paid, however the compensation is very competitive. I was provided very good work and successfully completed them BUT one of the Lead snatched the credit away.

Advice to Management

Pull the Leads away from people management. Hold the Managers accountable and have them spend adequate amount of time with team members.

7. OVN India -- Great place and very exciting company

I have been working at Overture Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in India centre from last 21 months The work culture is very good and open and transparent. The management is always and easy reachable and very good responsive most importantly unbiased. There are a number of talented individuals and are laser focused and willing to help each other and work hard for the product and company. Very friendly environment and the complete floor flourishes with work, fun and joy. The different teams all work well together and help each other by sharing their knowledge and experience. Work is challenging but never over exhausted and no micromanagement. Management values for employee and their work-life balance. The company provides great benefits pay (salary), health insurance, PTO, WFH …etc. Overall Brand new company, vision provides chance to work with best in class technology and be a part of historical new growth and success.

Cons

No concern about the company but if anything then it is of traffic on road.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the hard work you put in bringing up this center and continue doing so....

8. Overture India place to enhance skills

Current Employee - Senior Lead Engineer in Bangalore (India)

Pros

I have been working in overture India past 1.2 years. Here in the company we are working on cutting edge technologies like SDN and NFV. Lot of learning opportunities. Freedom at work. My Manager is technically good and at times pitch in and discuss the real use cases which help us to resolve the issues. He is always there with us to resolve the obstacles that come in our way Regular one on one meetings with manager helps to get early feedback and discuss career aspirations Based on my interest the kind of assignments have come to me Team is very cooperative and collaboration across the teams in overture is good They always recognize the results and hard work and encourage team by giving awards

Cons

I don't feel there are any

Advice to Management

You are doing the best, please continue the same

9. Love my job, just wish I earned a higher salary with some added job stability.

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Overture Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leading edge technology. Always pushing the envelope with design scope and schedules.

Cons

Uncertain future. The direction of the company seems to change from one quarter to the next.

Advice to Management

Present a clear direction going forward. Provide a product road map that engineering can design to.

10. A favorable experience

I worked at Overture Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company atmosphere, good people in Raleigh, engaged management, success in the market, large customer base both domestic and international

Cons

Not clear how to continue growing the company due to competing priorities from large customers. Potential technology obsolescence is always a concern with high tech companies.

11. Senior Product Manager

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager

I worked at Overture Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overture Networks is a consolidation of several companies, of which I only worked for Overture Networks. During my stay I enjoyed direct management, executive management and the work. Work was challenging but never over exhausted. The office culture was great. I wish Overture all the best for the future.

Cons

Compensation was the going rate, with cost of living raises. Training was never an issue. HSA was a great perk, especially if your healthy and I suppose even if you're not. I really didn't have allot of con's other then BoD and executive seemed out of touch with the market space and direction.

Advice to Management

Close unprofitable lines and get back to profitability.

RSS Feed </> Embed