Overwatch Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Overwatch Systems President & CEO Kirk Brown

Kirk Brown

A good working envirnoment with sharp team oriented staff prior to being assimilated with Textron and losing focus

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsInteresting work with the DoD and the intel community. Lean agile develoment practices. Smaller business type atmosphere / environment under the larger Textron umbrella which provides decent benefits and other job opps in different locations.

ConsRevolving door with the mgmt team over the past two years. No strategy to right the ship in a DoD environment facing budget cuts. Lack of innovation and forward thinking.

Downward spiral

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsMost of the people are great. Relaxed atmosphere and work schedule are the top pros.

ConsPoor management. Bad people are kept for reasons that are not know. There are many senior level people that should have been gone a long time ago but are still there. The best people that care and make a difference are gone by either layoffs or thier own choice.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all mid to senior leaders and replace with new ones that are mission oriented but care about their product, customers and employees. Do what you have to too keep good people. Give a raise if needed, or promote to positions of higher responsibility to challenge them.

disappointing

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Proslower level staff are great folks, resilient

Conslacks leadership qualities among managers. health benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementLead

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that is far behind in business development and technological advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Prosthe office location is in a nice part of Austin

ConsNo growth. The company is in denial. After yet another round of layoffs, senior architects, management, and IT developers are gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit believing there is a market for outdated non functional or desirable products like IMPACT

Slowest Sinking Ship

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsOnce upon a time the complexity and pace of the work was wonderful. It challenged you to be the best while serving your country. "ADC" (Additonal Compensation) was very rewarding.

ConsI'd complain about the horrible HDHP medical plan, long hours (death marches), lack of remote work (classified labs makes that hard) and so on but the real problem is this company is simply dead. Innovation is dead, new business prospects have died up and there has been a drain in talent ( by choice and by not ) for the last several years. This company isn't going anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's nothing else left to say. Those that are still left, I wish you the best and plan your exit now while you still can.

Sinking Ship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Pros- Some nice people
    - Great location and environment
    - Great benefits

Cons- No SW business leadership
    - Can't win new business
    - Managers squeezing out as much as they can get before it all goes away

Advice to Senior Management- Look around at your competitors who are winning the business and notice why
    - Get rid of the talkers who don't produce anything

Software Product Specialist

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat people but they are now a rare breed. Few left to make it worth being there. I would avoid this company if possible. You could be jobless soon after arriving!

ConsDown size, down size, down size. Story of the company. 500+ employees two years ago. Now under 200 in Austin and shrinking. Yet another layoff! How many can it survive? It will not survive long. Current employees hold on for compensation upon lay-off. Management employees let go get great compensation and advanced notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company and avoid further loss!

Mixed Bag of good and bad

Developer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLaid back atmosphere. Good place when winning contracts.

ConsBusiness prospects are on the decline.

Great people, interesting domain, flexible environment, improving outlook

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsVery smart people that are enjoyable to work with. Flexible hours and good work/life balance. Very interesting domain. Company outlook improving with new management in place.

ConsChallenging and competitive market-space, need to update products to new technologies to keep up with competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate technologies.

Great people, great engineers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsCompany has made it through a tough period in the DoD space and is making some positive strides toward steadying the business. Great location, environment, management has made a ton of improvements for the workforce (relaxed atmosphere, ping pong/foosball, activities, relaxed dress code).

ConsRecovering from downturn has seen a lot of good engineers head for the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to engage the workforce in new developments in the business area, give them something to look forward to.

Worked for Overwatch Systems? Contribute to the Community!