Owens Corning

Owens Corning Reviews in Starr, SC

3.5

Owens Corning Chairman and CEO Mike Thaman
Mike Thaman

Pros
  • Mid-west company, decent work life balance if you work at the head-quarters, pay is fair at WHQ (in 11 reviews)

• Plant leadership teams and associates in most plants are great people to work with (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is pretty non-existent, at least in some areas of the business (in 5 reviews)

• Company is very tied to the consumer housing market and have been experiencing economic issues as a result (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The manager who was there had his picks and when it came time to lay people off it was based on his picks and not perfor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Starr, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Starr, SC

I worked at Owens Corning

Pros

Overall my time there was great great coworkers and those who worked for me! I was given the opportunity to learn many things that will help me in my new job!

Cons

The former plant leaders seemed to be hell bent on destroying the plant! Thankfully they are no longer in roles where they can do that!

Remember that your most important asset are your employees! Treat them with dignity and respect and they will take you to new heights!