Owens & Minor

Be The First To
Add Photos

Owens & Minor President, CEO, and Director Craig R. Smith

Craig R. Smith

Pros
  • I can't speak for everyone at O&M but every person I have worked with at(in 5 reviews)

• Met some great people working there(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance wasn't there and this was not a concern for the upper mgmt(in 3 reviews)

• O&M has changed over the years and their focus on the important things has slipped by the wayside(in 4 reviews)

Stressful

Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) Franklin, MA

ProsThis job is OK to work

ConsA lot of things are not enjoyable about this job

Management is A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Fillmore, CA

ProsGreat Hours.Pay rate is not bad.

ConsManagement is very Toxic, dishonest. and things are swept under the carpet, lot of backstabbing goes on. But, Like the Los Angeles office.Management repeats confidential information that should remain in the Corporate office. However, Great Parties when supposed to be working.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Comment....Nothing will ever come to fortition.

Awesome

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsVery employee oriented, good bonus structure

ConsNo Cons, company was very good to its employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou have lots of freedom, you own your own business and have respect from buyers and others at hospitals.

ConsIt can be a challenge to grow your commissions each month due to so many GPO contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel management is doing a good job at local DC, however C suites might need to rethink their goals and objectives for Wall Street investors.

All

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Franklin, MA

ProsPay very well! Lots of over time!

ConsNo life! Expect employees to work 12 plus hours everyday! Management has no communication amoung employee's. In other words a high turnout rate of walk outs!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking about employees and not your pocket!

Some great people, but out-of-touch senior management and outdated, paternalistic culture.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of awesome people willing to go the extra mile! Beautiful HQ building and lots of in-house classes at company "university" to expand your knowledge.

ConsAlthough touted as a place for career growth, there are actually few internal promotions. The culture is focused on teaming, but there is considerable back-stabbing. Top management is out of touch with current employment practices. Still very much a white-male-dominated culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees by preparing them for future roles and taking promotion risks, so people don't have to leave the company for growth. Evaluate top leaders objectively to see where changes could drastically improve the culture.

Good company to work for unless you get stuck in the New Orleans branch.

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Saint Rose, LA

ProsGreat people to work with in a pretty laid back environment most days. A lot of fun to be had while completing your duties. Travel opportunities.

ConsNot a good work-life balance, long hours with no set time to get off. While management preaches teamwork there is nothing at all done to promote it. They are constantly trying to pit you against one another. Your pay will basically stay the same forever unless you get a promotion to another title, witch will only happen if you suck up to the right person. No matter how you perform or what sacrifices you make for the company in the end do not care about anything but there bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach!

Work Environment

ProsWorking for Owens & Minor is a great experience. Employees dont always work as a team but get along together.

ConsThe management in the Desert Area is terrible. If you have any concern you cannot get anyone to listen to you or they either sweep it under the rug till the subject comes up a second time. Nothing is confiential management always seems to put your name out there like fueling a fire. Need more training.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be more involved with their employees.

This place is a joke

Order Picker (Current Employee)

ProsIf you enjoy working In filth, having you job threatened everyday, working 12 hours a day then this would be your dream job.

ConsL.A. street gangs are more organized, drug dens are probably cleaner and crocked politicians have nothing on the stuff that goes on here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive up and let someone else run this company! Or rent a bulldozer

Unpleasant

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Fillmore, CA

ProsGood Pay, Benefits, Profit sharing and 401k

ConsManagement brushes inappropriate behavior under the carpet.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more ethical

Worked for Owens & Minor? Contribute to the Community!