Owens & Minor

Be The First To
Add Photos

Owens & Minor President, CEO, and Director Craig R. Smith

Craig R. Smith

Pros
  • I can't speak for everyone at O&M but every person I have worked with at (in 5 reviews)

• Met some great people working there (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance wasn't there and this was not a concern for the upper mgmt (in 3 reviews)

• O&M has changed over the years and their focus on the important things has slipped by the wayside (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsVery employee oriented, good bonus structure

ConsNo Cons, company was very good to its employees.

It was rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a fun atmosphere and friendly employees

ConsSometimes product can be dusty and or broken.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Instill Lean principles such as kanban.

Very rewarding company to work for

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe Management is great always watching out for our welfare

ConsNone there are none at all

Advice to Senior ManagementStaying being great, as you are

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGiven the opportunity to succeed by management and staff!

ConsToo many Sales Managers hired from outside the corporation that don't really understand the medical/surgical distribution and sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more from inside the organization.

great place to work

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou have lots of freedom, you own your own business and have respect from buyers and others at hospitals.

ConsIt can be a challenge to grow your commissions each month due to so many GPO contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel management is doing a good job at local DC, however C suites might need to rethink their goals and objectives for Wall Street investors.

Good company, good people, but they are not the O&M of old.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe teammates at O&M are great. They are the foundation of the company and many of them take pride in being O&M employees. It is great getting to connect with people in distribution centers all across the country and the customers we serve. They offer internal training/classes through OMU and are big fans and supporters of continued education.

ConsO&M has changed over the years and their focus on the important things has slipped by the wayside. There is too much focus on the politics instead of the company and what it was founded on. It no longer has that "family" feel that it once had.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement would benefit by listening to the employees...the everyday workers that do the work that keeps O&M's customers happy and keeps the company at the forefront of the industry. There are too many chiefs making decisions without true knowledge of what the Indians are encountering everyday. Listen to the regular people. You will find that they have great ideas and want to see the company succeed as well.

Great learning experience

Web Developer (Former Employee) Mechanicsville, VA

ProsGreat people, everyone at the office was very kind.
    Gained a lot of hands on experience from the lead developers
    Easy to work with people in a team environment

ConsThey had no plans on offering a full time position to any interns
    The internship program ended and they let every single one go
    I wish there was a training course that was offered to interns

Manager

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI can't speak for everyone at O&M but every person I have worked with at O&M is honest, hardworking and easy to get along with.

ConsThe pay could be higher however the fact that I like who I work with makes up more than enough for the slightly lower pay scale.

Comfortable place to work in Richmond

Manager (Former Employee) Mechanicsville, VA

ProsCompany has high respect for their employees, and does well to recognize talent and performance. I had a great supervisor and was really excited about working there with my team.

ConsI question the direction of the organization at the highest levels. Often there are too many priorities because of the need to invest in some areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on one path to growth and stability.

Cares for the teammates and the community

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mechanicsville, VA

ProsLovely work environment, great coworkers, professional atmosphere, decent salary and good benefits are the things I see with Owens & Minor. The company has a strong dedication to the community and value teammates who spend time volunteering. Owens & Minor truly has its own culture.

ConsSometimes the management tends to turn their head when teammates don't follow policy. Especially when following policies isn't convenient.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to value teammates who work hard and value their customers.

Worked for Owens & Minor? Contribute to the Community!