Oxford Global Resources

Updated February 28, 2015
3.1

Oxford Global Resources President Mike McGowan
Mike McGowan

Pros
  • Unlimited Commission, excellent training, pension, rewards hard work (in 8 reviews)

• unlimited earning potential, skys the limit (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 7am meetings every day, long hours, bad base pay, upper management does not care about future of employees (in 10 reviews)

• In the early days work-life balance was tipped heavily towards work (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Best career sales opportunity for entry level or experienced I know of.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The reasons I took the job still hold true: casual team atmosphere, lot's of training and support, very interesting and challenging work, control over personal income, office full of do-ers earning six figures (not broke talkers), winning / competitive culture, meaningful work. It was a career move. This is one of the only places you will find that will take an entry level salesman and give them a base salary and an opportunity for six figures. Lots of room in the management structure for advancement. Everyone is promoted from within.

Cons

Very challenging. It is not easy to get started unless you are a natural and have some luck. For the rest of us, it's a matter of putting in tons of effort day in and day out to see the results. Like any other professional sales job, the first step is to learn the industry and build your book of business. It is fast paced so even when a book of business is built, you still have to continue building it (as opposed to say the financial industry where you might keep one client for 30 years. There is inevitably office politics to varying degrees depending on the division and location. If you aren't committed 100%, you will quit from frustration guranteed.

Add some quarterly or annual bonus or prize for hitting sales targets regardless of rankings.

Great LIfe/Career Change

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Team Atmosphere-Managment willing t o train and develop employees- AMAZING COMPENSATION- Flexible Schedule- Work Hard>Play Hard Mentality

Cons

If you're not a hard worker and not willing to put in the time to succeed, probably not the environment for you. We work hard, and are rewarded BIG.

Install a Putting Green in the office?

Hard work pays off....

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Un-capped commission, great benefits, fast paced and growing company. Paid training, daily meetings and monthly performance reviews with feedback. If you are self-motivated and like sales this is the job for you!

Cons

Long hours, 1st year is the hardest but once you get beyond that all your hard work really starts to pays off with multiple consultants on assignment and sometimes doubling your income a year! If you don’t like sales and are not aggressive this is not the job for you.

Excellent

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Unlimited growth and earning potential. The amount of effort and work you put in directly correlates with the amount of money you can make. My commission has exponentially increased each year and I am on my fourth year. I qualified for a President's Club trip and was able to go on an amazing vacation to Mexico. Long term career growth is evident when looking at fellow colleagues who have been here 5, 10, 15+ years. Great office comradery and lots of day to day support.

Cons

At least appear concerned about your consultants. Give them a monthly 'warm& fuzzy' call. Pay 1099 and C2C more than W-2's.

I've had a good relationship with Oxford. They have treated me fairly and worked towards my best interest.

Current Contractor - Mobile Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Contractor - Mobile Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

They advocated for me with my employer, and were upfront with me. Paychecks were always on time. They didn't give me a too hard a sell, and treated me professionally.

Cons

The online time reporting system was a little rough, but ultimately manageable and seemed to be under active improvement.

Continue to hire nice recruiters like Alison. Continue treating your contractors as valued assets.

Great Career Opportunity

Current Employee - Account Manager in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Beverly, MA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cons

Job can be difficult- high expectations. Definitely need to be money and self motivated in order to be successful here.

Awful to start, but big potential if you put in a lot of effort

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Madison, WI

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Unlimited commission - once you get your momentum, you can make a ton of money and extra perks like vacations, etc.
    Paid weekly, which is crucial when you're making only the base salary to start.
    Advancement opportunities - many people are promoted to Team Lead after just a year.

Cons

Depending on which division you work in, it takes a while to start making commission.
    The rich get richer - people who have been there are sometimes given unfair advantages. Or, unnecessary and excessive incentives, like a bonus for being a top performer (a reward of money for making a lot of money?).
    People are really underhanded and back-stabbing. They will bully you, steal your candidates/client whenever they can. We tried to stick together in our office, but sometimes even the guy next to you will find a loophole so he doesn't have to share his commission with you.
    45+ hour workday - 7 am to 5 pm are the base working hours. Occasionally they mandate 5+hours of overtime per week, which is awful if you're not in sales because you don't directly benefit from working more.

Good company for entry level

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources

Pros

flexible management
    friendly staff
    no micro management

Cons

no work life balance
    Low salary

Typical Consultant Agency

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources

Pros

Paid weekly if W-2, no other advantages I can think of.

Cons

If you are 1099, or Corp to corp up to an 8 week wait while they process your paperwork. Get paid the same as W-2. No PTO.
    Soon as contract finishes, they drop you. Didn't even try to find me a new position, despite having been with them for two years on the same contract.

Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources

Pros

If you decide you are willing to put in the work you might learn a lot.
    The interview was easy.

Cons

Your entire life becomes this job, you are here for at least 10 hours a day.
    If you want to get anything done you have to fight for it.
    There are backstabbing and undercutting. Ethics and integrity are lacking.
    Turn over is ridiculous.

There is no culture. Meeting numbers is more important than bringing in new and quality candidates.

Oxford Global Resources Photos