Oxford Global Resources

Updated December 22, 2014
3.2

Oxford Global Resources President Mike McGowan
Mike McGowan

Pros
  • Unlimited Commission, excellent training, pension, rewards hard work (in 8 reviews)

• unlimited earning potential, skys the limit (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 7am meetings every day, long hours, bad base pay, upper management does not care about future of employees (in 10 reviews)

• In the early days work-life balance was tipped heavily towards work (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked for Oxford for under a year and the experience was phenomenal! My managers were Teresa Vitantonio and Don Monda. Like everyone, I had a bit of a rough patch but my managers were very understanding and patient with me. As a technical recruiter I had to work hard and put a lot of work in to gain success, but my managers and some of the top performers provided us with some great training and selling tools to help us earn higher commission checks. And finally the best part about working for Oxford was the closeness of the staff, our VP and branch managers spent time with us outside of work hours with office parties and team outings. Overall I am grateful to have worked with such a great staff and my awesome manager Teresa Vitantonio.

Cons

The only cons I have would be the dynamic with some consultants we worked with. The job was amazing but we worked with people and at times we would have to micromanage the recruits we placed with our clients which could be a bit much some days.

Oxford- Not for the faint at Heart

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Beverly, MA

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good location in office park, easy parking, 1 hour lunches, benefits, somewhat of a friendly/relaxed office environment. There is an ability to make a lot of money here, but a lot of it depends on who your manager is, if they approve you working with a certain consultant, and then advocating for your consultant during the hiring process. Not all managers are created equal.

Cons

Mandatory overtime (7am to 5 pm every day), limited training, back biting between other offices/branches, lack of consistency in standards, monthly reviews comparing you with all other employees and unrealistic monthly goals. This isn't an industry where the harder you work garners bigger success. I would put in 12-14 hour days and be on the phone more than any other recruiter, but that didn't mean my manager would approve everyone I spoke with. The competition is worse within the company than it is between other staffing firms and agencies. There is little work/life balance and it kinda feels like you are trying to convince the cool kids to let you sit at their lunch table...

Consistency. Maybe re-evaluate your business model because it turns consultants off and makes them think twice about working with you again. It's also hard to convince someone you aren't like 'the rest of them' when they get cold calls on a daily basis for a skill they don't even have.

Don't waste your time!

I worked at Oxford Global Resources

Pros

Close to home. Couple nice co-workers

Cons

Staff, environment, just bad all around. Would never recommend to anyone.

Change everything about what you're doing.

High turnover must be part of the business plan

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is money to be made here...just not sure if I was working in the right market for it. Jobs just weren't there for the recruiters

Cons

Really old school mentality towards their employees: 7:30-5:30 with mandatory late nights...even when there wasn't the work demands.

Stop worrying about front-end production and start looking at market trends to guide your efforts. While I was there, we chased job openings that weren't available while our competitors were making serious money off of new technologies.

Working with Oxford as a consultant was a great experience for me, and I would definitely love to work with them again on future projects.

I worked at Oxford Global Resources

Pros

You will have the organizational support and guidance during your Time working with Oxford.

Cons

Need more clients in their portfolio to create more job opportunities for their employees. Also, need more full time opportunities.

Work to build a stronger bond with your consultants in offering longer term opportunities.

If you work really hard it pays off.

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great income potential if you work very hard but if you're just an average worker it isn't that great. Good benefits. President's Club is a great thing the company does for its employees. Good training.

Cons

Highly rigid schedule with long days and mandatory overtime. A ton of turnover- revolving door. Salaries are very low.

oxford how it was

I worked at Oxford Global Resources (less than an year)

Pros

active on employee's behalf. Have a good memory

Cons

Did not see layoffs coming. So did not find another opp

stay in touch with the employer

Lack of collaboration, humility, Silo Based Organizational Structure

Former Employee - Inside Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Each individual is responsible for their own success. On their journey they will learn the ins-and-outs of every organization, how to sell and control the entire sales life cycle over the phone. Health Benefits, the business keeps you on your toes and the experience is a great learning opportunity.

Cons

Lack of commitment to a true purpose, executives don't hold themselves accountable for the organizations short fallings, no transparency between locations or offices, kill or be killed environment which is promoted as opposed to a collaborative team effort. No out of the box training or thinking, very process oriented. This is a Phone Job, not a Sales Job - Volume over knowledge and training.. Pretty high turnover after individuals see/learn this after a few weeks/months of no commission.

Connect with your employees and act like you care - it's more like a body shop as opposed to a fine tuned selling machine. Play the part in improving employee's lives, enabling a good balance of business or professional goals, and also the personal aspirations of the employee. Garbage men make more in Base salary, and Mandatory Overtime every other month for nothing in return is exhausting. You can make 6 Figures, but will not have a life outside of work, stress, and health problems. Sales is "supposed" to be fun

They do Not seem to Value TEMPORARY employees At all.

Former Employee - Collector in Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Collector in Beverly, MA

I worked at Oxford Global Resources as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good group of people/Co-workers & management, nice enough - but they "throw Away" talented individuals, and keep Less hard-working Ones, treating them like gold!

Cons

The location is very far North of Boston, and the roads up there are Difficult yo travel - very congested, and the Office park is waay too Big.

Honor & value those individuals who work hard

Contracting for Oxford: Pleasantly efficient processes, but you will have to cover your own benefits

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Oxford's system for processing, paying, and communicating with contractors working for them at company sites is very efficient, far more so than many other companies I've worked with.

Cons

No benefits to speak of for contractors. The medical insurance offered is not aligned with the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (I'm guessing it was grandfathered in), and my household income and the gross hourly salary is being murdered by having to cover COBRA, sick time, vacation, and personal time. And I had just better pray that nothing arises requiring disability pay.

Providing real medical benefits will significantly increase retention of contractors. Contracting is a good dynamic for many people, and personally, my sole objection to working with you longer beyond a single contract is that we simply can't afford having to cover our own medical insurance. And that little qualification of having to work both the day before and the day after a holiday in order to get paid for it, so that contractors cannot ever take a four-day weekend with the rest of the perm employees? That is a nasty little trick. People perform better if they can get some rest and some time away from the office.

Oxford Global Resources Photos