Oxford Global Resources

Updated August 6, 2014

3.2

Oxford Global Resources President Mike McGowan
Mike McGowan

Pros
  • unlimited earning potential, skys the limit (in 7 reviews)

• All of the recruiters and account managers are fun and upbeat (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 7am meetings every day, long hours, bad base pay, upper management does not care about future of employees (in 10 reviews)

• In the early days work-life balance was tipped heavily towards work (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Contracting for Oxford: Pleasantly efficient processes, but you will have to cover your own benefits

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

Pros

Oxford's system for processing, paying, and communicating with contractors working for them at company sites is very efficient, far more so than many other companies I've worked with.

Cons

No benefits to speak of for contractors. The medical insurance offered is not aligned with the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (I'm guessing it was grandfathered in), and my household income and the gross hourly salary is being murdered by having to cover COBRA, sick time, vacation, and personal time. And I had just better pray that nothing arises requiring disability pay.

Providing real medical benefits will significantly increase retention of contractors. Contracting is a good dynamic for many people, and personally, my sole objection to working with you longer beyond a single contract is that we simply can't afford having to cover our own medical insurance. And that little qualification of having to work both the day before and the day after a holiday in order to get paid for it, so that contractors cannot ever take a four-day weekend with the rest of the perm employees? That is a nasty little trick. People perform better if they can get some rest and some time away from the office.

They do Not seem to Value TEMPORARY employees At all.

Former Employee - Collector  in  Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Collector in Beverly, MA

Pros

Good group of people/Co-workers & management, nice enough - but they "throw Away" talented individuals, and keep Less hard-working Ones, treating them like gold!

Cons

The location is very far North of Boston, and the roads up there are Difficult yo travel - very congested, and the Office park is waay too Big.

Honor & value those individuals who work hard

Solid company to gain experience but not great for a long career.

Pros

Quality training, good place to start and learn as a recruiter.

Cons

Horrible management. Long drawn out processes that make it hard to place candidates.

Do not be shady. Be upfront and honest with your employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Highly Unethical Company - Do Not Use Oxford Unless You Enjoy Getting Screwed

Pros

My recruiter appeared hard working since he kept calling every month to check on my availability.

Cons

My recruiter repeatedly made assumptions and over promised on goods. He did not keep his word. Even worse, his actions were condoned by management. The company only cares about making profit at the expense of the contractor/client. They are not forthcoming with contractors and try to take advantage of their intermediary role by playing contractor against client. They try to intimidate by referencing their contracts but will not abide by their verbal promises.

Look up what integrity means.

Good company for starting a career in the recruiting field

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Madison, WI

Pros

The time you put will equal the success you have with this company. Unlimited commission was very nice and the hours you do put in pay off. Always enjoyed working with upper management as it seemed like they were always there to help.

Cons

Some days/weeks can really drag out and seem to go on forever. Must be willing to dial the phone up 300 times a day and reach 3 hours of phone time. Base salary is very low and stays the same no matter how much work you put in. Must stay self motivated to turn this job into a career.

Solid company to work if you have a good manger

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Great co-workers and potential to make money

Cons

Tightening market makes it more difficult to ramp up good clients for placement

More consistent rules across all offices.

A good company with great staff

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

Typical of staff augmentation companies, but my technical recruiter really shined. Norm and Shawn are great guys to work with

Cons

None really. No different then any other company I have worked for in the last 7 years

Straight-shooting, no frills consulting firm

Current Employee - Software Consultant  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Software Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

If you like going to where the work is and seeing different parts of the country, working for Oxford can be appealing.
    My recruiter has been straightforward in his communications with me in an industry known for its BS. This helped me prepare for phone interviews, which are challenging.

Cons

These boil down to communication issues:
    + Oxford should lay out the end-of-contract options more clearly: per diem lasts only a year, what if the contract goes beyond that? (This question has been answered for me, just not until 9+ months into the contract). Also, conversion to full-time with the client involves a cost to the client that can threaten the conversion. Yes, the client knows about the cost up front, but I as a consultant I was hazy about it.
    + I never knew if my contract was going to extend much beyond the end of the quarter. "Committment issues" from the client side? Was it open-ended and I just wasn't informed?

Would be nice to offer an ACA-compliant healthcare option for long-term contractors.

Highly disappointing

Former Employee - Epic HIM consultant
    Former Employee - Epic HIM consultant

Pros

Great in the beginning when they are trying to sign you. My first recruiter called me everyday and was very easy to communicate with.

Cons

Clueless about what is actually going on with the clients they set you up with. Honestly, I don't know what they are doing to deserve to get paid for the consultant's work. When the clients act unprofessionally and lie to you they don't back you up at all and then lash out at you when you are upset about being lied to about contract extensions. The managing recruiter I got stuck with spoke to me in a manner that would make me ashamed if I worked in his company. When you don't agree to be treated unfairly they side with the client and use scare tactics on you for not putting up with it.

Stand up for the people making you money. Stop begging for referrals when you don't treat your consultants like professionals.

People are great, but that's about it!

Former Employee - Accounting  in  Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Beverly, MA

Pros

Co-workers and employees are great to work with and good people. The office has a great location in the cummings center.

Cons

work-life balance is not there, no suggestions are ever taken into consideration, the pay is awful, there is favoritism, they offer nothing, No advancement, some people do not have have much work while others are swamped. the balance is silly, I was dissapointed when i shared some of my input and ideas and they werent even taken into consideration.

Worked for Oxford Global Resources? Contribute to the Community!