Oxford Global Resources Reviews

148 reviews filtered by
3.3
Oxford Global Resources President Mike McGowan
Mike McGowan

Pros
  • Unlimited Commission, excellent training, pension, rewards hard work (in 8 reviews)

• unlimited earning potential, skys the limit (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 7am meetings every day, long hours, bad base pay, upper management does not care about future of employees (in 10 reviews)

• In the early days work-life balance was tipped heavily towards work (in 5 reviews)

1. Oxford International Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great environment! Young people. Helpful management. Benefits, flexing capabilities. Growing!

Cons

Staying on track. Getting distracted by networking a company too hard. 7:30AM start time.

8AM starting times. Perks; More bonus opportunities/contests. Friendlier staff. A few of my peers have complained that they feel unwanted when first starting out here. More tenured employees arn't very friendly to the new kids.

2. Decent Recruiting company to work for.

Current Employee - Consultant, Android Development in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant, Android Development in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources

Pros

Good solid company. Will allow you to transfer part of your salary into Per Diem if you qualify leaving more money in your pocket. Never really had any problems with them and they have been easy to work with.

Cons

No paid vacations and benefits take a while to kick in but this is normal for contracting companies.

Keep up the good work

Hard work pays off??? Not really??!!

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Long hours low comission and no room to grow

Change the way things are being done

5. Good pay Masters

I worked at Oxford Global Resources

Pros

They only entertain W2 employees

Cons

Too many reqs but too few closures

Need more closure rate

6. I've had a good relationship with Oxford. They have treated me fairly and worked towards my best interest.

Current Contractor - Mobile Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Contractor - Mobile Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

They advocated for me with my employer, and were upfront with me. Paychecks were always on time. They didn't give me a too hard a sell, and treated me professionally.

Cons

The online time reporting system was a little rough, but ultimately manageable and seemed to be under active improvement.

Continue to hire nice recruiters like Alison. Continue treating your contractors as valued assets.

7. Best career sales opportunity for entry level or experienced I know of.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The reasons I took the job still hold true: casual team atmosphere, lot's of training and support, very interesting and challenging work, control over personal income, office full of do-ers earning six figures (not broke talkers), winning / competitive culture, meaningful work. It was a career move. This is one of the only places you will find that will take an entry level salesman and give them a base salary and an opportunity for six figures. Lots of room in the management structure for advancement. Everyone is promoted from within.

Cons

Very challenging. It is not easy to get started unless you are a natural and have some luck. For the rest of us, it's a matter of putting in tons of effort day in and day out to see the results. Like any other professional sales job, the first step is to learn the industry and build your book of business. It is fast paced so even when a book of business is built, you still have to continue building it (as opposed to say the financial industry where you might keep one client for 30 years. There is inevitably office politics to varying degrees depending on the division and location. If you aren't committed 100%, you will quit from frustration guranteed.

Add some quarterly or annual bonus or prize for hitting sales targets regardless of rankings.

8. Hard work pays off....

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Un-capped commission, great benefits, fast paced and growing company. Paid training, daily meetings and monthly performance reviews with feedback. If you are self-motivated and like sales this is the job for you!

Cons

Long hours, 1st year is the hardest but once you get beyond that all your hard work really starts to pays off with multiple consultants on assignment and sometimes doubling your income a year! If you don’t like sales and are not aggressive this is not the job for you.

9. Great LIfe/Career Change

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Team Atmosphere-Managment willing t o train and develop employees- AMAZING COMPENSATION- Flexible Schedule- Work Hard>Play Hard Mentality

Cons

If you're not a hard worker and not willing to put in the time to succeed, probably not the environment for you. We work hard, and are rewarded BIG.

Install a Putting Green in the office?

10. Excellent

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Unlimited growth and earning potential. The amount of effort and work you put in directly correlates with the amount of money you can make. My commission has exponentially increased each year and I am on my fourth year. I qualified for a President's Club trip and was able to go on an amazing vacation to Mexico. Long term career growth is evident when looking at fellow colleagues who have been here 5, 10, 15+ years. Great office comradery and lots of day to day support.

Cons

Job can be difficult- high expectations. Definitely need to be money and self motivated in order to be successful here

Cons

At least appear concerned about your consultants. Give them a monthly 'warm& fuzzy' call. Pay 1099 and C2C more than W-2's.

worst job i ever had

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Honestly I cant think of one. I guess the pay helped out while I was looking for a better job.

Cons

Prepare to me micro-managed to the extreme. Your manager will want to know what you are doing every second of the day. It was so bad that my manager gave me a hard time if I was in the bathroom longer than 3 minutes. So take a crap at home and not there. It will be hard to do that though because you will be there from 7am to 5pm. Why so early you ask? Beats the hell out of me. There are morning pow-wows with your group that you will have to pretend you are motivated to attend. They are completely worthless. So load up on coffee before you arrive to the office at 7am. But dont drink too much because you will be asked why you have to use the bathroom so much. And dont be one second late to that morning meeting. You will get written up if you walk in that door one second late. Literally.

Chill out.