Oxford Global Resources

Updated October 5, 2014
3.3

Oxford Global Resources President Mike McGowan
Mike McGowan

Pros
  • unlimited earning potential, skys the limit (in 7 reviews)

• All of the recruiters and account managers are fun and upbeat (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 7am meetings every day, long hours, bad base pay, upper management does not care about future of employees (in 10 reviews)

• In the early days work-life balance was tipped heavily towards work (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Working with Oxford as a consultant was a great experience for me, and I would definitely love to work with them again on future projects.

I worked at Oxford Global Resources

Pros

You will have the organizational support and guidance during your Time working with Oxford.

Cons

Need more clients in their portfolio to create more job opportunities for their employees. Also, need more full time opportunities.

Work to build a stronger bond with your consultants in offering longer term opportunities.

If you work really hard it pays off.

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great income potential if you work very hard but if you're just an average worker it isn't that great. Good benefits. President's Club is a great thing the company does for its employees. Good training.

Cons

Highly rigid schedule with long days and mandatory overtime. A ton of turnover- revolving door. Salaries are very low.

oxford how it was

I worked at Oxford Global Resources (less than an year)

Pros

active on employee's behalf. Have a good memory

Cons

Did not see layoffs coming. So did not find another opp

stay in touch with the employer

Lack of collaboration, humility, Silo Based Organizational Structure

Former Employee - Inside Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Each individual is responsible for their own success. On their journey they will learn the ins-and-outs of every organization, how to sell and control the entire sales life cycle over the phone. Health Benefits, the business keeps you on your toes and the experience is a great learning opportunity.

Cons

Lack of commitment to a true purpose, executives don't hold themselves accountable for the organizations short fallings, no transparency between locations or offices, kill or be killed environment which is promoted as opposed to a collaborative team effort. No out of the box training or thinking, very process oriented. This is a Phone Job, not a Sales Job - Volume over knowledge and training.. Pretty high turnover after individuals see/learn this after a few weeks/months of no commission.

Connect with your employees and act like you care - it's more like a body shop as opposed to a fine tuned selling machine. Play the part in improving employee's lives, enabling a good balance of business or professional goals, and also the personal aspirations of the employee. Garbage men make more in Base salary, and Mandatory Overtime every other month for nothing in return is exhausting. You can make 6 Figures, but will not have a life outside of work, stress, and health problems. Sales is "supposed" to be fun

They do Not seem to Value TEMPORARY employees At all.

Former Employee - Collector in Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Collector in Beverly, MA

I worked at Oxford Global Resources as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good group of people/Co-workers & management, nice enough - but they "throw Away" talented individuals, and keep Less hard-working Ones, treating them like gold!

Cons

The location is very far North of Boston, and the roads up there are Difficult yo travel - very congested, and the Office park is waay too Big.

Honor & value those individuals who work hard

Contracting for Oxford: Pleasantly efficient processes, but you will have to cover your own benefits

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Oxford's system for processing, paying, and communicating with contractors working for them at company sites is very efficient, far more so than many other companies I've worked with.

Cons

No benefits to speak of for contractors. The medical insurance offered is not aligned with the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (I'm guessing it was grandfathered in), and my household income and the gross hourly salary is being murdered by having to cover COBRA, sick time, vacation, and personal time. And I had just better pray that nothing arises requiring disability pay.

Providing real medical benefits will significantly increase retention of contractors. Contracting is a good dynamic for many people, and personally, my sole objection to working with you longer beyond a single contract is that we simply can't afford having to cover our own medical insurance. And that little qualification of having to work both the day before and the day after a holiday in order to get paid for it, so that contractors cannot ever take a four-day weekend with the rest of the perm employees? That is a nasty little trick. People perform better if they can get some rest and some time away from the office.

Solid company to gain experience but not great for a long career.

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Quality training, good place to start and learn as a recruiter.

Cons

Horrible management. Long drawn out processes that make it hard to place candidates.

Do not be shady. Be upfront and honest with your employees

Highly Unethical Company - Do Not Use Oxford Unless You Enjoy Getting Screwed

I worked at Oxford Global Resources as a contractor

Pros

My recruiter appeared hard working since he kept calling every month to check on my availability.

Cons

My recruiter repeatedly made assumptions and over promised on goods. He did not keep his word. Even worse, his actions were condoned by management. The company only cares about making profit at the expense of the contractor/client. They are not forthcoming with contractors and try to take advantage of their intermediary role by playing contractor against client. They try to intimidate by referencing their contracts but will not abide by their verbal promises.

Look up what integrity means.

Solid company to work if you have a good manger

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers and potential to make money

Cons

Tightening market makes it more difficult to ramp up good clients for placement

More consistent rules across all offices.

Good company for starting a career in the recruiting field

Current Employee - Account Manager in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The time you put will equal the success you have with this company. Unlimited commission was very nice and the hours you do put in pay off. Always enjoyed working with upper management as it seemed like they were always there to help.

Cons

Some days/weeks can really drag out and seem to go on forever. Must be willing to dial the phone up 300 times a day and reach 3 hours of phone time. Base salary is very low and stays the same no matter how much work you put in. Must stay self motivated to turn this job into a career.

Oxford Global Resources Photos