Oxford Life

www.oxfordlife.com

Oxford Life Reviews

1.5

Mark A. Haydukovich

It was OK for awhile, but not a place to end up

I worked at Oxford Life

Pros

Very professional environment; people took their jobs seriously here, which was refreshing. Co-workers were friendly and helpful, and the work itself was just challenging enough to stay interesting.

Cons

Heavy-handed top-down approach, "corporate-y" feel. Management said that they wanted to hear what employees thought about things, but in the end they didn't seem to consider the realities of what was going on on the floor.

Much Potential but lacking of qualified leaders with basic business acumen

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Oxford Life full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pros to working at Oxford Life Insurance. The pay was acceptable but potential for growth is non existent. If you only need a job and plan to leave after 1 year I would recommend taking the position but don't expect to have achievement that you can list or take to your next opportunity.

Cons

Oxford Life is managed by unqualified people who don't understand or grasp the purpose for having a long or short term business strategy. There is a lack of focus and very reactive culture. Customer are treated horrible and its a reflection of how employees are treated by management. There's a lack of respect for employee and wearing your ego is a badge of honor for the VPs and CEO.

Create a short and long term strategy. Then share this strategy with the rest of the staff so they will understand how their value relates to the mission/vision. Also leave your ego at the door. We all have vulnerabilities just accept it and don't be so sensitive to your short comings. As potential leader you should be building a culture where employees support each other. The business would be better served (customer, agents, marketing groups, staff etc) if everyone understood "we are in this business and company to support each other). Focusing on sales is important but it can't be more important than build a organization that will last, prosper and grow with quality people who care about the mission. And lastly setting expectation for employees can only be accomplished if you understand where you are going (i.e Business strategy). Time and time again I say miss guide employees looking to senior management for the right direction but with little to no response. The culture needs a major change but senior management attitude and knowledge must grow first. Especially CEO Mark Haydukovich, being a introvert is not an excuse for not provided vision and strategy to flow down in the company. If I were the leaders in charge at AMERCO (parent company) I would definitely replace Mark Haydukovich. Oxford need a qualified CEO with experience as a change agent and visionary.

Horrible

Former Employee - Insurance Auditor in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Insurance Auditor in Madison, WI

I worked at Oxford Life part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The compensation for my work was satisfactory

Cons

This company does not know how to work together because they have two offices (One in Madison, WI and one in Phoenix, AZ). There is paranoia in the Madison office that severely affects work and employees

Don't be two faced. Don't act friendly to an employee and then turn on your work face. It needs to be either/or.

Why Not To Work For Oxford Life Insurance Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Oxford Life full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no Pros working for this company

Cons

The company takes advantage of its employees

To view employees as an asset of the company