Oxylane
www.oxylane.com Villeneuve, France 5000+ Employees

Oxylane Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Oxylane – India – “DECATLON RETAIL”

Yves Claude

Growth, promotion, work-life balance

Accountant (Current Employee)
    Moscow (Russia)

ProsA lot of projects to participate as the company grows fast all over the world;
    Quite easy to be promoted given you show good results in time and all goals achieved;
    Good work-life balance, no need to spend long hours at work, sometimes offered to work distantly.

ConsToo much bureaucracy, and the headquarters staff is not an exception;
    Very economical approach to any needs (sometimes it's annoying);
    Lack of vertical control since many employees are extremely autonomous in their decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a strict hierarchy, establish efficiency of all departments and never economize on the staff!

Nice to start, limited career evolution

ProsExcellent enterprise mission, based on sports practice and it's benefits.
    Full of young and energised people.
    Lots of training in the first years of activity.

ConsLimited salary.
    Few options for progress, unless you're working in central offices.
    Promotions only available for people willing to move far away

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement company's values and mission; don't replace them by personnal insterests.

Good professional development, especially in emerging countries

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFamily owned business, focus more on value and strategy

ConsChangeable company strategy, and political environment in the headquarters

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the small business unites to make quick decisions

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to work in France nowadays

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Villeneuve-d'Ascq (France)

Prosclear and ambitious vision, excellent core values, adaptability, people empowerment is key factor to success for Oxylane, long term compensation benefits, really innovative state of mind.

ConsThe average salary are a little bit below the norm at some point it is a good company to start in.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove long terms HR management of creative/innovation people. Leverage open innovation process.

OK part-time job for a limited time

Logistics Operator (Former Employee)
    Setúbal (Portugal)

Pros- Malleable work schedules (work 5hours a day, choose a period from 6am until 10pm)
    - Young & energetic people
    - Working by teams

Cons- Malleable work schedules (if you end up working alone, with no colleague from your team, you'll work as a dog)
    - Physically tiring job (having to lift boxes, carry them etc)
    - Permanent workers were lazy and wouldn't help you that much (they were already permanent)
    - Crappy payment for such a tiring job

Advice to Senior Management- Keep an eye on the permanent people, making sure they work & stop treating the contracted workers as if they were supposed to work more than the others. also, make sure the work schedule is fair to everybody.

International Department Manager

Department Manager (Former Employee)
    Valencia, Valencian Community (Spain)

ProsDynamic teams, good management, challenging. This is a very good company for a first job, to learn a lot about business, marketing and stratégies.

ConsThe salary offered is not very high and sometimes, the comany ask you a lot without compensation

I like to be a part of it.

Quality and Supply Chain Leader (Current Employee)
    Cairo (Egypt)

Prosyou live your life and doing what you like to do, I mean your job is what you wanna do actually and nothing else have the time to create and give the best of what you have.

Consnothing in my opinion, I mean that till the moment you I don't have any reason to say that there are some downsides or I can see any as I'm feel comfortable in my job.

Internship

ProsSports, strong Team spirit, fun

Conslot of hours of work

Ammm-bad

Prosbig company, name, global presence, sports company, passion for sports, remuneration is ok for starters, has retail and also production, and buying local offices

Consno HR, politics at low level, human value is zero, the work load is not equally distributed, Performance is not rewarded

Advice to Senior ManagementHave A Proper HR team, Work on relation of employee and immediate manager, and extend this to a harmonious relation between employee and HR.

Worked for Oxylane? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oxylane reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oxylane CEO Yves Claude. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Oxylane employees.