Ozburn-Hessey Logistics

Ozburn-Hessey Logistics Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Ozburn-Hessey Logistics CEO Randy Curran

Randy Curran

Pros
  • There is plenty of opportunity to learn at OHL(in 3 reviews)

• Pretty good benefits, managers are relatively friendly, company events are provided every now and again(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The hours worked are tremendous and expected, so Work/Life balance is difficult to achieve(in 4 reviews)

• Low pay, Long hours at 6 days a week, Limited growth & advancement, Over promise and under deliver(in 5 reviews)

Review

ProsA good place to work with good people

ConsLong hours but the management reward you

System Analyst

ProsGreat co workers, smart management, good systems in place but unable to take to the next level

ConsIT poorly funded, employees always feel that this company is up for sale

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest on IT

Used to be good, but now...not so much

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Romeoville, IL

ProsMajority of positions have the ability to keep busy.
    Decent PTO program.

ConsBad benefits plans - Healthcare is way overpriced for what is actually covered.
    Very poor pay. HR is very unresponsive to employees, unless you go to corporate your issue doesn't get handled.
    Stopped having a "family" feel to it years ago. Used to have company events, hasn't happened in ages.
    Too many managers who don't know what they are doing / more managers than workers.
    No advancement from inside company, they will always look outside before considering promoting from within.
    There is very little training given to new employees. You are shown once and expected to be able to do it right from then on out. A very "sink or swim" kind of mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees!!! Training and recognition for doing a good job go a long way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent work environment

Export Coordinator (Current Employee) Humble, TX

ProsVery good benefits and PTO. Good work to family time. Love the Keurig Coffee machine, always fresh coffee available. Room to grow.

ConsWork is feast or famine. Either too busy or too slow. Need more customers. Need more sales. Some of the opportunities only part-time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to invest in Sales. Sometimes You gotta spend money to make money.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Gateway to the transportation world

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits were good. PTO time program improved from original program. The employees (for the most part) were nice to work with.

ConsSo much infrastructure changes clouded any clear path of how to advance. Usually never promoted within even when there were qualified employees. Seemed at times, personal judgments influenced who was given opportunity. Overworked, underpaid, under appreciated. Internal training is nonexistent.

Operations Supervisor

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Mount Juliet, TN

ProsReally there weren't many pros at all. This company doesn't care about anything but a saving a dollar.

ConsCompany doesn't take care of it's human resource at all. They overextend everyone and treat them horribly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your management team incentives for working 80 hours a week. Make them feel appreciated.

Horrible company to work for

Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsQuick interview process. They will hire anyone who walks through the door, which is not always a good thing.

ConsThe management is awful. They contradict one another and no one has any idea whats going on. You're constantly working yourself out of work the first 2 days of the week and have to leave early the next day. They get production bonuses on the checks from this so it is a constant battle.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers and try to promote from within from those who qualify.

Growing with strong leadership

Pros- Very entrepreneurial
    - Strong, committed Senior leadership
    - Pay can be good if you really deliver to the bottom line

Cons- Some customers can be intolerable
    - Benefits aren't the greatest
    - As a relatively small but growing company, still trying to scale IT systems and HR tools

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to take stronger stands when dealing with customers that have unreasonable expectations - need to weigh the stress this puts on the people that actually manage the account

Wonderful & energized Ops team to work with.

Industrial Engineer II (Current Employee)

ProsLeadership, values, Executive relationships, Stands of OHL. The CEO's vision for OHL's work culture is inspiring and is lots is being done to bring it to fruition. Retaining talent within OHL has been a key new focus & they take care of their employees.

ConsNothing major from my point of view. Compensation is a bit on the lower side of the bell curve.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetaining talent and developing people within is key to OHL's succeeds.

Great Company!!

ProsAdvancement, and they listen to good ideas

ConsSometimes in peak times they require 70+ hours a week, but my paycheck isn't complaining

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, don't forget the little guys

Worked for Ozburn-Hessey Logistics? Contribute to the Community!