P.A.M. Transportation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daniel H. Cushman

So far so good

ProsGood pay and get to see the country.

ConsNo home time and trainers are high strung.

Not even worth it

OTR Driver (Former Employee)

ProsBeing put through C 1 CDL school is the only pro to this job

ConsPay sucks, lay over and maintence pay is only 27 bucks a day and u are constantly on one or the other. The dispatch shifts do not know anything that the previous shift has said or done. You have dispatchers that are cocky. I had a crack in windshield of truck and was told by road rescue to go straight to little rock to have it fixed, told dispatch what we were told to do and the dispatcher called and told me he didn't care if we got a ticket that we weren't allowed to t call load it had to be deliveried on time. Now tell me how I'm gonna deliver a load on time that 14 hrs away and the shipper I'm picking up from is two hours late having load ready. I t called load anyways cause I am not getting ticket because they want me to do something illegal.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay, better communication between dispatchers, get ur drivers on road and not sitting all day long

driver

Prosaffordable training, hire non experience, equipment is o.k good benefits

Conslow freight at times, dispatch team don't communicate,

Advice to Senior Managementcommunication

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

small minds big attitudes and big buttheads

Student (Former Employee)

Prostrainers stop to eat often so if you have monnie, you wont starve

Constrainers need training. how to stay on the road and how to talk to there students

Advice to Senior Managementget your trainers off life suport. if they need help at night with the breather, meby they should be in a hospital .

I appreciate them giving me the opportunity to drive their truck and learn the trade

Professional Company Driver (Current Employee) Tontitown, AR

ProsThey are based in my home state of Arkansas, not too big, yet not too small. I think they are listening to what the drivers want and need.

ConsOTR they want you to stay out at least 3 weeks before you go home, I think 2 weeks would be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to imagine what it is like to live, drive, eat, sleep, work all in a very small area. Away from home, and family.

It was a disaster.

OTR Driver (Former Employee)

ProsGood dispatcher will give you good miles.

ConsTheir training set you up for failed. Then they will message you to call a number so they can fired you over the phone!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to 6 weeks training with a good trainer that will not harm the student! Do not fired drivers over the phone! When a driver ask to go back to training put then back into training instead of telling them you should have not upgrading.

PAM simply doesn't pay.

Semi Driver, OTR (Former Employee) Tontitown, AR

ProsThere are no pros to working for PAM.

ConsNo one communicates at all. One dispatcher doesn't know what the one sitting next to him is doing...with the same driver. They are very disorganized, their dispatches are infrequent and intermittent leaving you sitting for hours or days getting one or more 34's a week. Oh yeah...they only pay $0.25 a mile.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more.

It has been great so far!!

OTR Driver (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThe pay has been Great, I've been Home enough. I absolutely love the Traveling, because I'm able to see the Country and get Paid!!

ConsCurrently not dissatisfied at the moment. None.

great company

OTR Driver (Current Employee) Blakeslee, PA

Prosif u can make it throught 6 mo of teams and not crash u can make mentor and then the pay is great

Consreal hard company to stay with at first very slow start but if u hold in u can make it

2 weeks with a "mentor" is not enough... especially if you went through the C1 CDL mill!

OTR Driver (Former Employee) Tontitown, AR

Pros*get good miles with good Driver Manager, and, a working truck.

*teams do well

*help you get your CDL, and, it'll get payed off IF (and I mean if) you make it a year with them.

Cons*2 weeks with a mentor (I had several days of no driving at all... mentor taking home time, stuck somewhere for maintenance, etc.). There's no way that's enough time unless you've had experience or went to a really good CDL school that actually taught backing (you won't get much in two weeks.... if at all. I didn't do much. One friend of mine Got to twice bobtail... ridiculous). Felt like I was taught close to nothing then thrown to the wolves to teach myself OTR. Recipe for disaster! Why should they care if drivers are badly trained. Why care that the first year of driving is the hardest and this makes it near impossible unless you are lucky enough to get a good partner ( I only had teammate for less than a week!). There's always more poor souls showing up for orientation in droves.

*Some at office will talk down or just plain lie to drivers

*pay is pretty low. They drive teams to death for 0.17 a mile. You don't get payed for the actually miles you drive

*be prepared to spend days trapped in Laredo

*some of the trucks are pretty old. You might end up with a real lemon automatic (being phased out) and spend A LOT of time at a shop not making any miles.

*you'll ask for home-time after 5 weeks out and they'll "try" to get you home for a few days.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to at least 4 weeks of training...who ever came up with 2 weeks should be demoted.. Get rid of bad trainers (like screamers and people who don't train). Get more evening/weekend DM's that know what they're doing. Do something about the situation in Laredo that has a ridiculous amount of drivers trapped for who knows how long.

Worked for P.A.M. Transportation? Contribute to the Community!