P.C. Richard & Son

2.6

Gary Richard

Good Experiance

I worked at P.C. Richard & Son

Pros

Training was in depth. Managers helped close deals.

Cons

Commissions started to get lower. Killer hours. They would work you in the middle of a blizzard with no customers because we were commission based and they didn't pay if we didn't sell.

work-life balance. less hours

Sales

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at P.C. Richard & Son part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture
    fun work
    learned alot
    great place to work
    family culture

Cons

long hours
    demanding job
    stressful
    long hours
    minimal pay

No life/great job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at P.C. Richard & Son full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salary
    Benefits
    Close to home
    Great discounts
    Supportive upper management

Cons

Lack of a social life working here

PC Richard is a demanding, high energy, company where you are paid modestly for your production.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at P.C. Richard & Son full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is a lot of freedom to perform your job and create sales. Their benefit package is good and they will match up to 3% in your 401K. Product training is available every year. They cover expenses for the outside sales reps and everyone is relativily nice.

Cons

The executive management team is hard to break into. Most workers are disgruntled and morale is low because they are overworked and under paid. You have to have a great sense of humor and be very self motivated. Trying to get a raise is like going to the dentist. They could afford to be more generous but believe it would not result in more productivity. It is a catch 22.

This is a tough and difficult commodity type business. I believe annual reviews should always include pay raises when an employee is performing at high levels. Not sure any advice would help change the culture.

Good luck if you dare

Current Employee - Stock in Bayside, NY
    Current Employee - Stock in Bayside, NY

I have been working at P.C. Richard & Son full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fellow co-workers and customers. Tips and paid time off.

Cons

Management and horrible work culture. Constant petty intimidation and bullying of management on hourly and sales team. Almost no break time when hourly. Overworked and under-noted. Cheap company.

Hire competent managers and promote employees who achieve above and beyond. Not just friends of the General Manager. Give a damn about what it is your doing and the work culture.

Great job an amazing mangers

Former Employee - Sales Person in Eatontown, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Eatontown, NJ

I worked at P.C. Richard & Son full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing staff an benfits

Cons

Meeting curtain quotas could be hard at times an some employees were a lil overwhelming

Keep doing what your doing it's a wonderful company

Aggressive Sales Environment

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at P.C. Richard & Son full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Back office sales support is very reliable which makes doing business much more efficiently. Steady flow of customers, and most customers are very loyal, often return and refer family and friends.

Cons

Co-workers very untrustworthy. There is a lack of teamwork and very poor assistance from sales managers.

Spend more time and dedication to mentoring new staff. Establish a team environment.

Stay away.

I worked at P.C. Richard & Son

Pros

Decent hourly rate, good tips, enjoyed working with the other stock guys in my store.

Cons

Strenuous at times, cynical managers and sales people, degrading, rude, inconsiderate.

One of the worst jobs I have ever had. The company treats you like a dog. They expect you to work regardless if you're sick or have something serious going on. I had to resign from my stock position after 2 years being with the company. I had pulled my back and could not perform my job duties any longer. As I informed the DM and she gave me the okay to sign release forms, my manager wasn't moved by it at all. He rolled his eyes and looked at me saying you haven't been here in weeks. He didn't ask me if I was okay nor did he wish me any luck in my future endeavors. I spent over 2 years with the company and that's the goodbye I get? I simply don't understand what I ever did to any of these people to not even get a little respect for the hard work I've put in for this place. When my grandfather passed back in march I had to miss work unexpectedly. My general manager was annoyed that I couldn't work and didn't care at all about my grandfathers passing or how I felt. My first day back after the funeral and wake he starts cracking jokes at me and treating me rude and disrespectfully. Not once did he show any compassion and ask me if I was okay, nor did he even say sorry for my loss. I can go on and on about how terrible my experience with this company was. I truly suggest you stay far far away from this company. Although the money may be good, it's not worth the strenuous work we go through and the only recognition you will get is a pat on the pack. I would give my all to this place, trying to finish the huge truck we received or trying to finish up work that wasn't finished. 9 out of 10 times a manager would make a cynical comment or would laugh at you when if you showed any sign of fatigue. They truly have no compassion or appreciation for their workers. I will never step foot in PC Richards again and I strongly suggest you don't either.

Have some respect for your employees. Treat them like human beings and encourage an optimistic, encouraging environment.

Anybody can work there

Former Employee - Store Manager in Nassau, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Nassau, NY

I worked at P.C. Richard & Son full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Sorry, but not many pros.

Cons

Long hours and weekends, commision formula always refigured against the salesperson.
    the you pay what we pay sales are rubbish. Only real cash is to Richard family and relatives.
    Lots of pressure to sell add ons and service contracts. Most people that work there can't do anything else.
    So they stay.

Actually care about your people.

I loved my job, the customers, the experience.

Former Employee - Sales Counselor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor in New York, NY

I worked at P.C. Richard & Son full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits not bad, learned a lot about appliances and electronics.

Cons

Very political, had to be part of inner circle to advance. Work most holidays, weekends, no summer life (work six days).

Once the draw was increased, it was more difficult to receive commission (unless you were a shark in the night, and ran over your co-workers or had unspeakable advantage)

P.C. Richard & Son Photos