P.F. Chang's

Updated August 20, 2014

3.6

P.F. Chang's Chairman Co-Chief Executive Officer Richard L. Federico
Richard L. Federico

Pros
  • Good money for a college student, ability to receive good shifts happens at a fast pace (in 16 reviews)

• Good work environment, good cliental, consistently busy, ability to move up, flexible schedule (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is a struggle here, but that goes with the industry (in 6 reviews)

• As with any restuarant it can be long hours and hours on holidays and weekends (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

backwaiter

Current Employee - BackWaiter  in  Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - BackWaiter in Chandler, AZ

Pros

free chinese food when no ones looking

Cons

its restaurant work and thats pretty cool. There are no benefits growth or promotions

nothing what else can you do

Server at PF CHANGS

Current Employee - Server  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Server in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

great money, consistent business, great pay, awesome locations, great atmosphere, awesome hiring backgrounds. They have a large pool of candidates to choose from.

Cons

Not very much to complain about. Its a really great opportunity to advance, and almost all managers have serving experience so they can relate.

I love working at PF Chang's!

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

Pros

I love working at PF Chang's because we have a family-like relationship with one another. We may not always get along, but when it comes down to it, we really do like each other. This is important because we work as a team, help each other out with tables, we all strive for the same goals: Guest satisfaction and money as a result of it. I also love working for our O.P. He has different personalities that he has to deal with on a daily basis, yet he still cares about each and every one of us. I like our other managers as well.

Flexibility with our schedule is FANTASTIC! We use a system called Hot Schedules which allow us to request the days we would like to work, have off, pickup shifts, and release shifts. With advance notice, I have been able to get any requested time off that I wanted.

Cons

Thankfully, I don't feel we have too many cons.

Here in SC, servers only get paid $2.13 an hour, therefore, we don't make enough money to pay our taxes on the 100% tips we claim. A higher hourly wage would really make it better especially for the times our gratuities are lower on large parties (we aren't allowed to add a gratuity on large parties anymore).

Let it be known when there are positions available, such as bartender, and give people a chance to get move up a notch.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding learning opportunities and definitely upward mobility.

Former Employee - Server  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Server in Greensboro, NC

Pros

The fast-paced environment and the accountability employees are held to creates an atmosphere of a shared, personally-challenging work environment where everyone is improving themselves in one way of another!

Cons

Corporate changes happen often, so being flexible to uncontrollable drastic changes is a very useful skill.

Second chances are worth consideration. Oh, and reply to emails.

It was awesome

Current Employee - Waiter  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Waiter in Huntsville, AL

Pros

The Huntsville, AL location was awesome.
    It's well organized, they feed you every morning and night.
    It was good money.

Cons

Some waiters just not up to par sometimes but that's in any restaurant.

Nothing..

Great job for college students!

Current Employee - Hostess
    Current Employee - Hostess

Pros

I can't say enough about the managers I've have the pleasure of working with over the years. They are very accommodating, and understand that for most, this is just a job to get through school with. Also, if you want to move up within the company, this is the place. I've seen many coworkers go from serving, to supervising, and then to management.

Cons

Constant changes on the corporate side which often lead to chronically confused staffed members. While there are ways to read up on them, management could do a better job explaining the changes and how it effects them. Often, people are unaware of a change until it effects them directly.

Hire people from within. As a popular restaurant, there is plenty of money to be made serving, but most hires seems to come from outside. Many hosts and back waiters want to become servers, but it takes a long time to get them into rotation.

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Server/Hostess  in  Mount Pleasant, SC
    Former Employee - Server/Hostess in Mount Pleasant, SC

Pros

The management team was great, really cared about staff.

Cons

Hard job, even as a hostess. I held this job while finishing college.

Great first job experience

Former Employee - Server  in  Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Server in Lakewood, CO

Pros

Fast-paced environment teaches you how to work under tremendous amount of pressure at times. Great teamwork mentality at the restaurant I worked at. Managers trained in all parts of the restaurant so they always had my back when it came to customer complaints. Managers went out of their way to work around my school schedule.

Cons

High turnover rate due to fast-paced environment not for everyone. As with all restaurant positions, you definitely had some bad days. Times of high stress (like Saturday nights) caused some coworkers to lose their cool and would occasionally take it out on other employees.

Always have your employees' backs.

Great place to work

Pros

Everything. People promotability food service

Cons

Nothing I love working there

was great

Current Employee - Hostess  in  Friendswood, TX
    Current Employee - Hostess in Friendswood, TX

Pros

The GM is a very far and respectful person

Cons

learning to work together as a team

It is always a pleasure to work for a manager that cares about his employees.

Worked for P.F. Chang's? Contribute to the Community!