P.F. Chang's
www.pfcb.com Scottsdale, AZ 5000+ Employees

P.F. Chang's Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
P.F. Chang's – US – “The "trio" sauces that servers use to make their…”

P.F. Chang's Chairman Co-Chief Executive Officer Richard L. Federico

Richard L. Federico

Pros:
  • "Good money for a college student, ability to receive good shifts happens at a fast pace"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Good work environment, good cliental, consistently busy, ability to move up, flexible schedule"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is a struggle here, but that goes with the industry"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Lots of steps-of-service per table"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Nice

BackWaiter (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsGreat culture
    Friendly environment and team work

ConsLots of hard work ( tasks are not fairly divided between servers and backwaters)

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider the silverware system

Racists company

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe co workers was fine but the some of the management liars and the employees don't get a fair chance.

ConsNone been working for them for 7 years fired me over lies but will not here me side of the story I got fired because my manager was clocking me in late. And then the other reason I heard don't have respect for manager but I am a black man was in training for the sous chef just two weeks ago a white sou chef got fired for calling another manager a fat crecker and got his job but I am fighting trying to get my job back

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel there is a racism in this company need to listen to the employees side sometimes.

Good then Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen first started made feel like their was a lot of job growth and that they treated all employees fairly.

ConsAfter being their awhile started feeling very taken advantage of and that my value of life did matter compared to others. Summer is a very hard time to pay bills, too many employees not enough shifts.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Totally unorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMaybe the only pro here is to be able to eat half off. THE DAYS YOU WORK.

ConsWhere do I start. Um they have the worst employee setup I have ever seen. They do not care about your availability sheet. Very long hours for a total of like 3 tables you cover that whole shift. Oh and if you have the flu, you must come in because calling in sick is the biggest crime at pf changs. If I could give this 0 stars I would but unfortunately I can't.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the northpark mall location in Dallas,TX please. Very very very bad place.

Server at PF CHANGS

Server (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

Prosgreat money, consistent business, great pay, awesome locations, great atmosphere, awesome hiring backgrounds. They have a large pool of candidates to choose from.

ConsNot very much to complain about. Its a really great opportunity to advance, and almost all managers have serving experience so they can relate.

Backwaiter

BackWaiter (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsWell managed hospitality team
    Pays well on good days of business

ConsNot many hours
    Competition for hours

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to grass root level employees who want to rise in the company

I love working at PF Chang's!

Server (Current Employee)

ProsI love working at PF Chang's because we have a family-like relationship with one another. We may not always get along, but when it comes down to it, we really do like each other. This is important because we work as a team, help each other out with tables, we all strive for the same goals: Guest satisfaction and money as a result of it. I also love working for our O.P. He has different personalities that he has to deal with on a daily basis, yet he still cares about each and every one of us. I like our other managers as well.

Flexibility with our schedule is FANTASTIC! We use a system called Hot Schedules which allow us to request the days we would like to work, have off, pickup shifts, and release shifts. With advance notice, I have been able to get any requested time off that I wanted.

ConsThankfully, I don't feel we have too many cons.

Here in SC, servers only get paid $2.13 an hour, therefore, we don't make enough money to pay our taxes on the 100% tips we claim. A higher hourly wage would really make it better especially for the times our gratuities are lower on large parties (we aren't allowed to add a gratuity on large parties anymore).

Advice to Senior ManagementLet it be known when there are positions available, such as bartender, and give people a chance to get move up a notch.

Room for Improvement at Corporate Office

Scottsdale, AZ

Pros- Friendly environment, nice office culture
    - Free food
    - Flexible

Cons- Repetitive, not challenging (personal growth lacking)
    - Poor leadership and communication
    - Heavy workloads

If Money is worth your dignity... Then this may be place for you

Server/Bartender (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe money is BEYOND GREAT. Co-workers from the BOH to FOH at the Atlanta Airport location for the most part our a pleasure to be around. Doesn't mean they all work hard but far as friendliness you couldn't find a better group of individuals. We're talking maybe 7 bad apples in a very large staff that for the most part performs like a well oil machine. Friendly funny and charming are only a few words to describe them

ConsCondescending managers, mangers who racist ways are hidden under the doctrine of policy. Favoritism. Unprofessional-ism

This is not all management up there and each one does not exhibit these behaviors. Some do some of these things some do all. I'm talking 3 people out of the entire management team

Kissing up is the only way to ensure good shifts. They don't judge you on your body of work but how cool you're with Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees concern, pay attention to who's working and who's not, their are to many slackers that get away with murder, while hard working employees get overlook, put P.F. Chang's mission statement into effect and it would solve 90% of the problems. Tell employees when they're doing good not just when they're doing something wrong make them feel appreciated and not just like cogs in a wheel that are replaceable!

Living the message

Started As Back Waiter, Eventually Promoted to Server (Former Employee)
    Northville, MI

ProsVery consistent business. Fairly well trading management.

ConsLong hours. Lots of upper manager changes. The jeans seem too tacky.

Advice to Senior ManagementDitch the jeans and go back to how it looked when I started in 2008.

Worked for P.F. Chang's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at P.F. Chang's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for P.F. Chang's CEO Richard L. Federico. All 244 reviews posted anonymously by P.F. Chang's employees.