P. J. Dick-Trumbull-Lindy

Updated Apr 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cliff Rowe Jr.

During my limited exposure working with the firm, I found them to be professional and efficient.

TCI I (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThey keep their employees informed of their strong presence in the industry present and future and strive to connect remote employees with the professional and personal work community as well as industry interest.

ConsPresently the local opportunities are limited but they are in the process of building their project base in District 6 and the Philadelphia markets. They are concerned with office culture and are above average with time-off policies and perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe industrie's business as usual standards can always benefit from continued progress, when time permits management by wondering around, fresh input from the people closes to the situation and less employee cover your own butt mentality while providing new company employees of as many resources as possible for them to perform independent study opportunities to upgrade their knowledge base of the company specialities (ie Follow Penn DOT's lead to remote access to a video library and tutorials for Independent study)

Class-act company, a great place to work.

ProsGreat working atmosphere, many very intelligent people within management that are well-versed in a plethora of different projects. Great location downtown as well.

ConsIt's tough to see the potential growth available, but with the new transportation bill passed I see this company growing as more jobs are released by PennDOT.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hold such great values within the company, it goes a long way.

learned alot and worked with some good guys.

Labor (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Prosdid get alot of hours, the the hours were gone

Conswas a very good place to work, then clicks started to form.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was excellent now would not recommend it to a the worse worker in the world

Laborer (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA

ProsI used to love working for Trumbull great pay good people

Consinexperienced foreman family pushed into jobs they no nothing about foreman stealing blaming employees people bullshitting their way to the top and backstabbing every one they can along the way

Great Place to Work in Pittsburgh

ProsGreat place to work. Easy access, beautiful building, great people and an awesome culture Traffic can be bad

ConsTraffic can be bad Great place to work. Easy access, beautiful building, great people and an awesome culture

Honest, hard-working company, enjoyed all of the people, great new office, overall noticeably upbeat camaraderie

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat group of people all around

ConsFamily owned, has its pros and cons. One issue, is that the family members are high-ranking managers, which can cause resentment among others

A very likable company to work for all around.

Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) Wheeling, WV

ProsThe company has alot of really nice people that treat you with lots of respect.

ConsThere really isnt anything that i would consider downsides unless you think working 8-10 hours a day is a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work that you do on treating the workers right. Respect to the workers and the workers will work hard for you.

Good opportunity

ProsExciting projects, respected contractor in the area, high-level of responsibility and accountability for completion of projects on-time and with profitability

ConsConstruction industry is stressful and requires a lot of overtime, pay seems to be significantly below the industry average for the size of projects that are undertaken, growth is limited due to family control

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee compenation needs to be increased significantly, on all levels, to match competitors, need to eliminate the "family" image as a company and focus on growing the business

Getting things done

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge projects make you feel like you're actually working on something worthwhile. Enough resources to get things done / outbid the little guys.

ConsNot a particularly open or respecting environment, but then again, what construction company is? Also, some management-type folks were disconnected with reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementAre all those rounds of golf really helping the bottom line?

Very Happy

ProsThe People, the projects and the overall experience are great.

ConsNo real cons unless 10 hours a day is to much to work for you.

Worked for P. J. Dick-Trumbull-Lindy? Contribute to the Community!