P & H Mining

www.phmining.com

P & H Mining Reviews

2.6

Robert W. Hale

It was exciting, gratifying and I learned a lot.

Former Employee - Administrative Motor Division At Orchard in West Milwaukee, WI

I worked at P & H Mining full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people, the whole atmosphere along with the great benefits.

Cons

I really did not experience any cons. I really enjoyed my time working there as a temp.

Keep doing what you are doing. Please keep in mind and always forward that P&H is one big family working towards a common goal.

good place to work

Former Employee - Groupleader in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Groupleader in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at P & H Mining full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

benefits and employees were good to work with

Cons

working on the off shift

Enough of a Fool to have Stayed Too Long!

Former Employee - Office Slave in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Office Slave in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at P & H Mining

Pros

It was close to home, so very convenient. Met a lot of decent people who are mostly gone now.

Cons

Favoritism, politics, lies created by upper management to make lower employees look bad. Hard to get ahead if you are not a suck up. I could have made more money had I left sooner than I did. This used to be a much better place to work, but like most companies, they are not thinking with whats left of their brains. This is another reason why China is going to come and take over!

Fairness, treat your employees as you expect to be treated. In other words, show some respect for the drones!

Paper Pushing at its best

Current Employee - Engineer II in West Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Engineer II in West Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at P & H Mining

Pros

The product is awesome. It is an engineers dream. However, if you aren't in the inner circle, which if you are a contractor you arent, then you will never have input. If you can get a full time job there, I would take it. If you can only get a contract, go somewhere else. You will get a paid well, but it is the most boring job you can imagine.

Cons

PAPERWORK . . . . LOTS OF PAPERWORK. The beuracracy is unimaginable. It takes 2 days to make a change and 3 months to release it.

Give ownership to your engineers, stop the micromanaging and let people who know what they are doing, get stuff done.

Nice place to retire

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at P & H Mining

Pros

If you like to work in a slow and very stable environment, then you will fit in perfectly at P&H. If you are good at what you do and not a manager, then you will have a job for life at P&H.

Cons

Communication gaps between Union and Management hinders production goals. If you are a Sr. Level manager expect to be let go within three years.

Listen to your employees more when it comes to the roadblocks they face. Set goals based on value added measures. Limit staff communications by emails.

Changes needed in upper management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at P & H Mining

Pros

good product line and most colleagues ok to work with.

Cons

favoritism and army recruiting for loyalty not actual job qualifications

change is needed more of a dictatorship than democracy

Job seeker beware!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at P & H Mining

Pros

Opportunities to see the world. The equipment is fascinating and was very fun to work on.

Cons

Your just a number. Favoritism, poor management especially in Minepro Regions. Poor communicaton, lack of respect for employees, most in management roles don't have a clue what succession planning means. Engineers with a very arrogant and ignorant view of field work and lack of understanding of good customer service. Go ahead and leave, there will be another warm body to replace you.

Get in touch with your subordinates and listen to how they feel and what the issues are. Get rid of top-heavy regional management and streamline the decision making process. Keep poor employees in check and give feedback to all employees both positive and negative.

Good company

Current Employee - Project Manager in West Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in West Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at P & H Mining

Pros

The company makes a very quality part. Very good brand name. Advancement potential is there. Company offers much in the way of training and education. Always willing to pay for someone to go to school or take a class. ,

Cons

Lack of communication and information sharing. Lack of productivity by union employees. Hard to break employees out of their "old mentality". To create change here, is very difficult, if not impossible.

Enforce rules - set expectations for employees and hold them to these expectations.

I've gained valuable experience, but it's time to move on.

I have been working at P & H Mining

Pros

Great benefit package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. Opportunity to work with a product that is truly a feat of odern engineering.

Cons

Lack of communication and planning from upper management. Poor development of goals. Entrenched union. Long range planning is either non-existent or is kept a secret at the executive level.