P&S Transportation

Robert L. Pike, Jr. & Scott A. Smith

Good Company

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at P&S Transportation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, Good trucks and Good people.

Cons

The challenges here is you own person, you will make if that is what you want.

No change

Oct 14, 2014Director of HR

Thanks for the feedback!

A few minor changes

I have been working at P&S Transportation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The family atmosphere in the company is wonderful. the job is complex, and mind demanding so the day moves quickly. The company is for the most part understanding of family dynamics and allows for variations in times to accomodate real life situations.

Cons

There is alot of good ole boy dynamics within the middle managements, not leaving opportunity for employees that are not a part of that group. There are fewer opportunities available to satellite terminal employees.

Human resources should anomously speak to each employee with the full protection of not being singled if there is an issue. There is alot of favortism and overlooked activity among some employees.

Oct 20, 2014Director of HR

We really do appreciate your feedback and are concerned about the "Cons" as you state them above. HR is always available and privacy and anonymity are a given if there are issues you would like to ... More

Growing Company

I have been working at P&S Transportation full-time

Pros

Company is growing at such a fast rate that your job never gets boring. Employees are able to learn with the company and still contribute to its legacy.

Cons

Since the company is always changing and has not had many years of experience, there are still some policies that could be worked on. The PTO is very limited which doesn't encourage spending time with family outside of work and benefits could be better.

Offering continued training to employees may make them feel more invested in the company and better benefits could give great employees with families a reason to stay.

Oct 20, 2014Director of HR

We appreciate your feedback. We are always looking to improve what we offer to ensure we are the best fit for all our employees!

Growing Flatbed Company with Tons of Potential for it's Employees

I have been working at P&S Transportation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working at P&S is all the other people who work at P&S! From the top management to the driver's themselves there is a sense of community and of everyone pushing in the same direction that you don't often get with companies this size. And speaking of size... P&S is growing so fast that there is never an absence of things to do! I'm never bored and I know that as long as I'm a good employee, they will have work for me - and growth. There always seems to be opportunity for advancement and learning everything I can about the industry.

Cons

With the amount of growth and the fast pace of the industry, there are times that it all feels overwhelming. But the senior managers are great in that they too are torn in multiple directions. This does give a certain amount of a feeling of shared responsibility... but I must say, some weeks I go home physically exhausted and all I did was sit at a desk!

Keep doing what you are doing! Your open door policy and shared responsibility is working. Great job and great company!

Aug 25, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for the great feedback! We'll keep our doors open and our noses to the grindstone!

They didn't LIE. Good company to work with.

I have been working at P&S Transportation

Pros

New trucks that are very well maintained.pre pass and ezpass.steady freight. They allow $200 per week advance (if you need that much). Dispatch gets you home weekends.the people here are just some of the best people in the business PERIOD. Make good money with good benefits. What else do you want?

Cons

Wait times at some steel factory pick-up and drops. Can't fuel twice in one day.detention pay isn't very clear.but great for the most part

Pre planning and detention time pay would help a little.

Aug 25, 2014Director of HR

Good advice. We are working on clarifying detention time rules and getting better all the time at pre-planning. Thanks for the feedback.

Great company but gets worse as they expand

Former Employee - Flatbed Driver in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Flatbed Driver in Norfolk, VA

I worked at P&S Transportation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved working for this company. They were fair and they didn't force dispatch you and you ran where you wanted to run as long as you were willing to run. I was home every weekend for the most part and whenever I needed a day off my accommodations were always met. Whenever something went wrong with the truck it was fixed immediately.

Cons

The insurance is horrible and don't get 1 of those internationals they a piece of crap.

Don't expand too much too fast.

Aug 25, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for the feedback. We are working hard to maintain what is great about our culture as we expand. We will keep working on making this a great place for everyone to work.

Great company

Current Employee - Company Driver in Ensley, AL
    Current Employee - Company Driver in Ensley, AL

I have been working at P&S Transportation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Driver friendly with opportunities to earn a great pay. They do what they can to make the job help provide you and your family with a good income .

Cons

Just as any other otr away from home and some areas of running lanes that doesn't always be in a good area for freight to get you back home every weekend

Pay increase and check out the driver for information on making the company better

Aug 25, 2014Director of HR

Great advice on checking with drivers on how to make us even better! Thanks!

P&S Transportation Photos