PAE Reviews

Updated June 22, 2014
Updated June 22, 2014
2.0

Allen E. Shay

Organization with Ad hoc management style, could do better

Current Employee - Manager  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at PAE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

International exposure, varied experience, diversity. Devoted program teams willing to make a difference with strong sense of ownership in everything they do.

Cons

Territorial and damaging personal politics at senior leadership level. Lack of process training in all areas. Collaboration and teamwork is largely ignored. Most employee feel insecure. Lack of motivation and moral.

Establish meaning training programs that support human capital development, improve meaningful two-way communication and employee motivation to increase morale and productivity.

Horrible company to work for!!

I have been working at PAE

Pros

My paycheck never bounced and I didn't die.

Cons

I worked for PAE in Antarctica and it was the worst experience of my life! Management had no experience and were given a free pass to do and say whatever they wanted. I witnessed management being confrontational to employees and nothing was ever done about it. They often punish a large group of people for the actions of one individual which I find ridiculous! They play "favorites" a lot which means that if you are well liked by someone important then you can do no wrong. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! I do not recommend working for this company ESPECIALLY in Antarctica where you can't just quit and leave.

Management is the problem.

Great experience as an intern

I worked at PAE

Pros

given enough work, and got to sit in on some interesting meetings

Cons

the people in the office didn't seem excited to be there

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad, and getting worse.

I have been working at PAE as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

It's easy to get hired, if you don't care about the pay.

Cons

Lowest paying contracts in the business. Exactly the kind of colleagues you would expect, commensurate with the pay. Bullying tactics from mid- and upper management. Reckless and unlawful conduct at the level of project management. Rife with infighting. Below average benefits. Lack of support for personnel in the field. QA/QC is nonexistent.

Pay attention to what’s happening on the ground. I can promise you the federal government eventually will. These things are not that difficult to see. Stop the practice of importing middle management from the previous contractor. You are importing their dysfunctional culture as well, while reinforcing unacceptable leadership tactics. If you don’t have your own project managers and supervisors who know what they’re doing, don’t bid the contract.

gotta find a better employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at PAE

Pros

the kind of works the company do

Cons

bad management, unfair treatments, overall lack of professionalism

Network Engineer / VSAT

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at PAE full-time for more than a year

Pros

easy hire.. they don't care about what you know or skills..

Cons

a racist company and its out in the open they don't even hide it specially people who work in overseas in Afghanistan.. if your black or other minorities you have no rights and promotion goest to people who don't even know how to do their work.. this was worst company i ever worked for

fire all management in afghanistan

So far, not so good

I have been working at PAE

Pros

No choice - they are now a subcontractor in Lockheed Martin's recently awarded Antarctic Support Contract.

Cons

Terribly prepared to transition into Antarctic contract. Embarrassing to be a hiring manager and have to apologize to my employees over and over and over for the lack of professionalism and expertise coming from their new boss.

When you're awarded a substantial 13 year contract, and it takes the agency (NSF) awarding it months, or even years longer to actually announce the award than originally scheduled, use that time to plan, create a transition strategy, draft onboarding paperwork and protocols that are relevant to the new contract, and be prepared to act professionally when you find out you get the contract!

Satisfactory

I have been working at PAE

Pros

Good People - good facilities

Cons

Lack of experience in core business

Worked for PAE? Contribute to the Community!