PAE

Updated March 4, 2015
Updated March 4, 2015
2.7

John Heller

Pros
  • Was a great company when I started, opportunities were available, I had a boss who always had my back (in 3 reviews)

• Good Salaries, Good Co-Workers, Good Pay (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Multiple lawsuits have been filed by current and former employees from PAE failing to pay their workers (in 9 reviews)

• Small company mindset within leadership team (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent leadership and management

I have been working at PAE

Pros

Depending on the manager, this company provides a very rewarding experience

Cons

Some managers are in way over their level of capability

Vett some of your lesser managers, if you don't know who they are, check with those reporting to them.

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Electronics Technician II in Ridgecrest, CA
    Current Employee - Electronics Technician II in Ridgecrest, CA

I have been working at PAE full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great working hours and plenty of time off. You get every other friday off (flex fridays) and many government holidays off with pay. There is a 10% shift differential for the night or mid shift. One of the highest paying jobs for aviation contract jobs in the country. No real comment on benefits since I am retired military and most of them are not needed.

Cons

The position I hold is a union job and quite a few people working there are less motivated to produce based on union protections. The location is a hot and desolate place which might be hard for some people to deal with. Not a lot of room for professional development but there are opportunities if you stick around long enough (years) and get some seniority with the union.

Cant really say anything in this respect since my dealings with management have been good so far, however I have only been there a month.

Many Good people, but only few Good Managers

Former Employee - Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at PAE

Pros

Good pay, travel and interesting work

Cons

Lots of Required Government regulated training, not much room to grow(Too Much micromanagement)
    HR is not for employees welfare, it's does the companies dirty work

Your HR is going to be your down fall, driving away all the Good Quality Experience for few $$ saved?

Horrible company with bad management

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PAE

Pros

Nice new building in Seattle but they're moving from the top floor to the bottom floor in the new building. Casual dress code.

Cons

Essentially, bad management. I work primarily with Microsoft and Nike. In addition to low pay, PAE expects you to work way beyond a 50-hour work week. Very cutthroat environment. Other reviews about HR being not present are true too.

I have been working at PAE

Pros

The Pro's was the pay. I worked with some very good people that cared about their work. The food and MWR was good.

Cons

The Cons were I did not have enough vacation time. It is very hard being away from your family. I could have stayed for a long time if I had more vacation time.

Keep looking

Current Employee - Office Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at PAE full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

My Co workers make it bearable to work there.

Cons

Not a family oriented company. They don't care if you work 60 plus hours unless you are hourly then it's " no overtime". Cram it all in 8 hours. Antiquated computer systems. Poor company communications. Totally disorganized Human resources.

Give your employees respect, training, and stop buying companies when you are so disorganized. Lots of good people working for you who really care about the work they do are treated so poorly.

Very Difficult, because people are not recognized for their contributions of hard work and politics are rewarded.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at PAE

Pros

You can make good money if you keep your nose clean. You have to be able to not respond to those that play politics because they will be the one that recieve promotions and your hard work may not go as far as their politics takes them.

Cons

At one time there was incentives to work hard and receive a salary increase based on the evalution right up, but now there is no money on these contracts and corporate has removed this process of the evaluation and monitary rewards. You will work from contract to contract but not receive any salary increase, unless you take another job that pays more.

Learn to recognize that the people that have been there through the years are the reason that the contract has been renewed again and again, and instead of hiriing managers that had nothing to do with that, promote within. It is not fair for someone that has pulled his/her weight through the years to be passed up by soneone that is new to the project.

PAE - Nellis AFB,NV

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at PAE

Pros

*Pay is good for the amount of work that we do
    *No overtime

Cons

*Management here consistently sweeps problems under the rug
    *No job growth or promotion options

Not the worst job in the world, could be better. HR is very disconnected from those on the ground.

Former Contractor - Equipment Operator
    Former Contractor - Equipment Operator

I worked at PAE as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, lots of travel, can makes some great connections with people.

Cons

Maintains a hiring blacklist, management routinely covers things up, HR can be very sneaky and go behind your back about things.

A little bit disorganized not focused just trying to win contracts but no apparent strategy to do so.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at PAE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back, no huge expectations, easy to satisfy management. Pay is adequate at my skill level and the coworkers and management are easy to get along with.

Cons

IT is not focused on building a comprehensive performing system. Instead everything is a one off application just get it done as quickly as possible.

Come up with an IT strategy and pursue it.

PAE Photos