PAE Reviews

Updated April 15, 2015
74 reviews filtered by
John Heller

Pros
  • Was a great company when I started, opportunities were available, I had a boss who always had my back (in 3 reviews)

• Good Salaries, Good Co-Workers, Good Pay (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Multiple lawsuits have been filed by current and former employees from PAE failing to pay their workers (in 9 reviews)

• Small company mindset within leadership team (in 2 reviews)

1. Performance Quality Assurance Coordinator

Former Employee - Performance Quality Assurance Coordinator in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at PAE

Pros

Diverse Military and Government Contractor worldwide.

Cons

They tend to eliminate job positions through thier "work force reduction" program during contract award periods at the Customers request for workforce modifications.

Advice to Management

Obtain Leadership that possess better negotiation skills for working with Military Contracts when there is a Government Agency liasion in place between Contractor and Military Customer.

Liar liar pants on fire

I worked at PAE

Pros

The only pro would be that PAE bought 2 sisters companies when USIS filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. Which kept myself and a few others from losing our jobs.

Cons

PAE was drooling over USIS'S misfortune. They could not wait to step in and basically pick and chose who and what they wanted to keep. They would lie right to your face in order for people to stay to finish out USIS'S TSA. Alot of people seen the real face of PAE. I will never work for this company again.

Advice to Management

How about to tell employees the truth? Good luck in the future

3. Excellent leadership and management

I have been working at PAE

Pros

Depending on the manager, this company provides a very rewarding experience

Cons

Some managers are in way over their level of capability

Advice to Management

Vett some of your lesser managers, if you don't know who they are, check with those reporting to them.

5. Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Electronics Technician II in Ridgecrest, CA
    Current Employee - Electronics Technician II in Ridgecrest, CA

I have been working at PAE full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great working hours and plenty of time off. You get every other friday off (flex fridays) and many government holidays off with pay. There is a 10% shift differential for the night or mid shift. One of the highest paying jobs for aviation contract jobs in the country. No real comment on benefits since I am retired military and most of them are not needed.

Cons

The position I hold is a union job and quite a few people working there are less motivated to produce based on union protections. The location is a hot and desolate place which might be hard for some people to deal with. Not a lot of room for professional development but there are opportunities if you stick around long enough (years) and get some seniority with the union.

Advice to Management

Cant really say anything in this respect since my dealings with management have been good so far, however I have only been there a month.

6. Many Good people, but only few Good Managers

Former Employee - Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at PAE

Pros

Good pay, travel and interesting work

Cons

Lots of Required Government regulated training, not much room to grow(Too Much micromanagement)
    HR is not for employees welfare, it's does the companies dirty work

Advice to Management

Your HR is going to be your down fall, driving away all the Good Quality Experience for few $$ saved?

7. Horrible company with bad management

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PAE

Pros

Nice new building in Seattle but they're moving from the top floor to the bottom floor in the new building. Casual dress code.

Cons

Essentially, bad management. I work primarily with Microsoft and Nike. In addition to low pay, PAE expects you to work way beyond a 50-hour work week. Very cutthroat environment. Other reviews about HR being not present are true too.

8. I have been working at PAE

Pros

The Pro's was the pay. I worked with some very good people that cared about their work. The food and MWR was good.

Cons

The Cons were I did not have enough vacation time. It is very hard being away from your family. I could have stayed for a long time if I had more vacation time.

9. Keep looking

Current Employee - Office Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at PAE full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

My Co workers make it bearable to work there.

Cons

Not a family oriented company. They don't care if you work 60 plus hours unless you are hourly then it's " no overtime". Cram it all in 8 hours. Antiquated computer systems. Poor company communications. Totally disorganized Human resources.

Advice to Management

Give your employees respect, training, and stop buying companies when you are so disorganized. Lots of good people working for you who really care about the work they do are treated so poorly.

10. Very Difficult, because people are not recognized for their contributions of hard work and politics are rewarded.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at PAE

Pros

You can make good money if you keep your nose clean. You have to be able to not respond to those that play politics because they will be the one that recieve promotions and your hard work may not go as far as their politics takes them.

Cons

At one time there was incentives to work hard and receive a salary increase based on the evalution right up, but now there is no money on these contracts and corporate has removed this process of the evaluation and monitary rewards. You will work from contract to contract but not receive any salary increase, unless you take another job that pays more.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize that the people that have been there through the years are the reason that the contract has been renewed again and again, and instead of hiriing managers that had nothing to do with that, promote within. It is not fair for someone that has pulled his/her weight through the years to be passed up by soneone that is new to the project.

11. Not the worst job in the world, could be better. HR is very disconnected from those on the ground.

Former Contractor - Equipment Operator
    Former Contractor - Equipment Operator

I worked at PAE as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, lots of travel, can makes some great connections with people.

Cons

Maintains a hiring blacklist, management routinely covers things up, HR can be very sneaky and go behind your back about things.

PAE Photos