PAETEC
www.paetec.com Fairport, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

PAETEC Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014
PAETEC – Fairport – “Network Operations Center”

PAETEC Chairman, President, and CEO, PAETEC Corp. and PAETEC Communications Arunas A. Chesonis

Arunas A. Chesonis

Pros:
  • "Good Benefits were provided by company"
    in 7 reviews
  • "The Benefits and a great reliable network with open communication"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "I think most senior management is great, but local management is disastrous"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Sales team continually receives praise from CEO while back office hears that they can be replaced"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place, seriously understaffed, great intentions

Fairport, NY

I have been working at PAETEC

ProsGood culture, lots to learn, very approachable management

ConsCompensation in technical roles is sub-market, after layoffs last year there is way more work to do than people to perform it

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people, pay your technical staff reasonably

This is an amazing company to work for!!!

Order Processing Specialist (Former Employee)
Voorhees, NJ

I worked at PAETEC

ProsI worked for this company couple of years ago. The management was great with keeping the company in shape. They give you amazing opportunities and recognize all your efforts!!

ConsTo work for this company you have to be on top of your work flow.. If no it will take you a lot of work and time to catch up..

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

crappy company, crappy industry (telecom) this company is NOT a good choice for sophisticated salespeople.

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at PAETEC

Prosyou can make money but it takes lots of effort to get commission check...like weeks or months.

Conscan't expect much from telecom. yo do have freedom but most management has been there a long time and a lot are morons. think car salesmen (no disrespect to cars sales people but you get my drift)

Advice to Senior ManagementBe positive and happy. Most management hate their job and therefore it rolls downhill

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PAETEC--a good place to work in transition that will take some time to work out.

New York, NY

I worked at PAETEC

ProsA great corporate culture built around people who work together and strive to offer exceptional service. The network is excellent and performs well.

ConsThe mergers have caused some indigestion and the economic climate has made the sale of their core products difficult. Pay is slightly lower than competitors but the culture is unbeatable.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet competitive with your payscales to retain top talent.

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Manager (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

I have been working at PAETEC

ProsExceptional pay in addition to great benefits including time off which allows one to balance family and work without a lot of stress.

ConsNepotism and the good 'ole" boy system prevents the integration of new ideologies or processes for making the company more successful. PAETEC has spent a lot of time and money acquiring new businesses that supposedly complement their current business model; however, they are intimidated by the experience level of the new personnel and automation in systems, which causes them to shy away from the introduction of new ideas, technologies or processes for fear of losing control, preventing the business from taking advantage of "fallen fruit" opportunities.

The executive team should really spend less time talking about "what they are doing for the employee" and invest more time in interacting with the people who actually do the work to find out how to make things better.

PAETEC talks a good story, but are really still in start-up company mode as far as business practices are concerned.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people who are working in the lower ranks! They are essential to your success and have fresh ideas that can be incorporated into the business process that will add to the success.

Good sr. leadership and community consciousness, but caustic overall culture!

Rochester, NY

I worked at PAETEC

ProsThe top level leadership shows good insight into their field and are innovative and driven. Rank and file employees care a great deal for one another and are involved and committed to their communities

Consmid - level management and some sr. executives display a lot of me first mentality and the company overall is nepotistic and culturally cliquey... It's either you're a "founder" or you're an outsider. They don't accept constructive criticism and they are not adherent to any kind of disciplined, sound business process.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix or eliminate the middle managers and be sure to promote people with actual competencies for what they will be managing.

No idea

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at PAETEC

ProsDecent starting salaries and a well developed product set to sell. Also their PST (Paetec Sales Training) is a good sales training program.

ConsManagement in the my area is non-existent. Directors just run meetings to find out your funnel but do not take an active role in helping you close business at least from my viewpoint. Also, more senior management styles are very off putting and act as if they are better than you and want you to fail.

More recently the stock falling and company layoffs show tougher roads to come for PAETEC.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like them to take more of an interest and help develop talent over leaving early every day.

Troubled with some potential

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at PAETEC

ProsDecent internal support organization here.

ConsStruggling to stay profitable. Known "for sale" sign on the company and reductions meant always looking over your shoulder

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out who you want to be then create a vision & strategy and get everyone on board

Incongruities

I worked at PAETEC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEthics and concern for people espoused as values central to the corporate culture.

ConsToo little evidence of those values in the actions and decisions of key senior managers

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the walk

It was an Overall good experience with great benefits

TECHNICIAN (Former Employee)

I worked at PAETEC

ProsThe Benefits and a great reliable network with open communication.

ConsNo advancement opportunities for a field technician...frozen payscale

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoy your retirement

Worked for PAETEC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PAETEC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PAETEC CEO Arunas A. Chesonis. All 81 reviews posted anonymously by PAETEC employees.