PAF

Updated Mar 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nancy Davenport-Ennis

Amazing experience with alot of shear satisfaction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PAF full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThunder, excitement, cheers and boldness

Conssingle line for those who are not upto the mark

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up

No Experience Needed to Get Ahead

I have been working at PAF full-time for more than a year

ProsHelping patients. New CEO. Applications Supervisor.

ConsLow employee morale. Low pay. Unrealistic expectations. Not enough employees for the work load. Management. Lazy co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe can all see this ship is sinking fast. When the person you picked for this new position starts, it will be nothing but a disaster. If you are going to pick someone to take a position you have groomed him for at least make sure he can keep his mouth shut. No one wants to take advice from someone who has no clue what they are doing.

This place sucks. if you kiss enough butt you can go far, and even get management positions. Take a good look around you are losing great employees but advancing ones that are mediocre at best. No one is happy and if the job market were better 99% of your staff would leave.

It's a paycheck

I have been working at PAF full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWinter shut down. Co-Workers. Helping patients.

ConsPay- not enough pay for the work that is done. No breaks. Staff treated like toddlers. Have to wait for an email at the end f the day to be "released from work", even if this is after 5.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust that your staff will do what they are supposed to do. Stop all the emails about the phones, no one cares and everyone ignores them. Don't ignore us when we are at standing at your desk, that is rude. Actually return calls, Provider and patients get pissed off when they leave you a message and you Never respond to them. Turn the phones off before 5 so we can leave on time.

Hypocritical Business Model - Be Careful

Case Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at PAF full-time for more than a year

ProsI have been working at PAF full-time for more than a year

Pros – winter break (4 - 5 day), 30 minute walk break (once a week), 1 hour lunch break (once a week), early off on Fridays (1 hours). This is a two-sided coin here; the case managers are wonderful people who for the most part enjoy helping customers and you can feel the energy resonate off of these workers on first impressions. Nice and approachable people.

Advice to Senior Management – fire yourself

ConsWork life balance (governed by ADP portal and no flex time on arrivals), extremely incompetent senior management, nepotism (no diversity at all in the senior management ranks), unrealistic expectations (governed by non-statistical quality measurements). In short this organization is a wannabe corporation and can not retain talent/bright minds from larger organizations due to unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementInitiate a SWOT analysis on yourself as an organization, what you do, and most importantly the workforce who gets the job done. Understand that currently you do not have the skill set to retain and keep engaged the talented workforce and allow flexibility in work schedules to compensate for lack of pay (Market Rate). While we understand this is a non-profit, we need to act like one and not like a practice corporate environment. Also, you need to address the diversity factor in your senior ranks i.e. Mom, Daughters, and friends in key spots = not a good look.

Big Disappointment

Hampton, VA

I have been working at PAF full-time

ProsWinter Shut down, closed on the weekends.

ConsLeadership, Health Insurance Cost, Compensation, lack of breaks other than lunch, workload, unrealistic goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop advancing people with no experience or education. If you have no actual education or experience you will go far in this company. This should not be the way things are. Actually listen to your employees. Stop treating everyone like children, and stop showing favoritism to certain team members. Stop rewarding hard workers with extra work and lazy, inept workers with less work. In a job were we help people, your employees should not hate coming to work or have to feel like we are coming to prison, where our every move will be scrutinized by management that has nothing else to do.

grueling work pace with no end in sight

Case Management (Current Employee)

Proswinter break, 30 minute break, great co-workers, helping patients

Conswork life balance, incompetent senior management, nepotism, unrealistic expectations

Advice to Senior Managementfire yourself

The best job I ever had till they got rid of all the competent management and brought in idiots.

Benefits Specialist (Current Employee)
Hampton, VA

I have been working at PAF

ProsWork hours, pay is not bad, benefits package, a lot of eating, and they are family oriented.

ConsPAF has made disasterous decisions by making incompetent, poor verbal skilled management, all I can figure is they are cutting corners salary wise.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease really take a hard look at the management you have hired to run the show. The management we have now is making our company look incompetent when us pee ons can speak better english than our boss.

Excellent

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at PAF full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAwesome community living, nice office environment, 100% secured environment for family and kids

ConsAt times you have to do what you don't actually want to do

Worked for PAF? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PAF reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PAF CEO Nancy Davenport-Ennis. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by PAF employees.