PAR Technology

Add Photos

PAR Technology Chairman and CEO Paul Domorski

Paul Domorski

Fun while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PAR Technology

ProsFreedom to set your own work schedule in the field. OT was always available. Management is just a phone call away.

ConsConstantly changing scope of responsibilities in the field. Work life balance tilted heavily toward work due to the on call nature of the position.

Management need to hire more people to get the job done.

Senior Material Handler (Former Employee)
New Hartford, NY

I worked at PAR Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOver time is a positive but you can only work so many hours before it starts to take its toll physically.

ConsWith all the cut backs and layoffs people have to work twice as hard. That makes the person or persons less productive. In the eyes of PAR if your not overwhelm you not working hard enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to relate to the employe personalty and verbally not just send emails. I belonged to a problem solving group and at PAR and training the number one problem. Training was not proactive in regards of not have the resources or time to train personnel properly.

Many years with PAR

Field Engineer (Current Employee)
Old Field, NY

I have been working at PAR Technology full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt was a good company to work for once upon a time. Have seen many people leave in the last few years. The people made the company but now many of those people are gone.

ConsVery poor upper management no business strategy. They think installing headsets is as good as selling an entire pos system. Everyone is a number now and customer service is no longer a priority. Bad decisions being made consistently. They hire a Vice president and layoff several technicians. Too many chiefs that get paid for nothing. The old regime is still in place that laid off over half the field for the CEO’s 50% bonus. Sales people are poor and don’t sell systems or service contracts. NCR is taking customers all over the place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet people in place that have vision and a strategy...

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

25 years of belonging to a Family

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at PAR Technology full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPar is one of the few companies that has many, many employees that have been there over 25 years, it's because we feel like a family, support and care about each other. We are a team. I started at the bottom and have worked my way up through at least 10 promotions. It just takes hard work.

ConsLike most companies in America these days, there isn't such a thing a 40 hours work week for salary employees, but I can't imagine where you could go these days and not be in the same situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementSurvey the people who do the work before making commitments, they are the experts.

Job left no time for personal life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PAR Technology full-time for less than a year

ProsNot much that I would recommend

ConsVery few pros to speak of

Thought I had a foot in the door, but now it's stuck...

I have been working at PAR Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood pay, great benefits and most of the management is very understanding and sensitive to their employees. Overall, a good company, but their 'old school' business tactics are sinking the ship.

ConsHave an odd schedule, with only every other week end off. You may be forced to work over night and overtime is a thing in the far distant past. No transferable skills to offer other technical companies as the software/hardware support you provide is completely proprietary. Extremely little chance of advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe proactive instead of reactive. It's amazing there are still customers.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

All you will be is a number to this company

Customer Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at PAR Technology full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMost Lower management are respectful and caring. They handled layoffs better than seen in most companies. Benefits are decent. Good vacation time, very flexible with schedule.

ConsThe company is going down the drain. Losing Major account after Major account, laying off 60% of work force. Absolutely no room for growth. Upper management makes drastic decisions that negatively affect employees. One bad decision after another.

Company has been run into the ground by New Hartford

Ace (Current Employee)
Boulder, CO

I have been working at PAR Technology full-time for more than a year

ProsWonderful people to work with in Boulder, Colorado. Supervisors actually care about employees, and want for you to succeed.

ConsThe "Powers that be" have no clue. While refusing to listen to their managers and supervisors they decided to implement changes from across the country and ignore the advice and common sense of the people who are actually in the thick of it, culminating in a layoff of 60% of its work force.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue or get gone.

Good tech staff, bad administration.

I have been working at PAR Technology

ProsThe work environment is relaxed and everyone is friendly.

ConsThe company lost 60% of their contracts and had to lay off more than half of their employees.

A Job

Manager (Current Employee)
New Hartford, NY

I have been working at PAR Technology full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEmployment - good to have a job in these trying times.

ConsThere is not a lot of opportunity in this community.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. Management will dictate their own course.

Worked for PAR Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PAR Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PAR Technology CEO Paul Domorski. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by PAR Technology employees.