www.parexel.com

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014

PAREXEL Chairman and CEO Josef H. von Rickenbach
Josef H. von Rickenbach

Pros
  • Great people, good benefits, not micro managing, ability to work from home as a LM (in 25 reviews)

• Salary, time off, training department is outstanding, average work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • They work you very hard here - the work/life balance is non-existent (in 20 reviews)

• no work/life balance, constant overload, good people leave for better companies (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Current Employee - Project Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment, everyone is helpful and friendly, a lot of knowledgeable people who are willing to answer questions on a daily basis. Lots of training and places to look for information. Processes are well documented. Hard work is noticed and rewarded. Benefits are wonderful and they consistently promote from within so if you work hard and do a good job, you will never have to look for another job if you are successful at PAREXEL.

Cons

While they give you an abundance of vacation and personal time, it's hard to take it all because we are so busy all the time, maybe they should pay out excess vacation but that's about the only negative thing I can say.

Just more hiring! Other than that, I'm a very happy employee.

worked for over 5 years, overall good experience

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Billerica, MA
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Billerica, MA

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, fast growing company

Cons

not very good with promoting from within, and moved jobs to India

keep jobs in the US

Extremely Busy

I worked at PAREXEL

Pros

There was plenty of vacation time.

Cons

Workload is too much overall. Most of the staff is overworked, and stressed. There's not enough thorough training for the new people coming in, and most of the experienced people were let go.

Better training is needed as well as training for Management on how to be a better Manager.

I have been working at PAREXEL

Pros

Flexibility in schedule. You can work from home at times but it all depends on your manager.
    Friendly coworkers in office
    Benefits are good but expensive

Cons

Overworked and no feasible deadlines
    Lack of transparency when it comes promotion opportunities. Seems like it's all dependent on manager's favorite.

Promote loyal employees who produce quality work.

Good Starting place to gain clinical exposure

Current Employee - CMA II in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - CMA II in San Diego, CA

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exposure to global experience, work/life balance acceptable

Cons

Lots of turnover... promotions are hard to get, salaries are lower than average in the industry

Management need to stay consistent and employ techniques to retain their good employees

very career-growth oriented company

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time

Pros

company provides great career growth opportunities, training, and flexibility with schedules. Also, working from home is very comment at PAREXEL.

Cons

The pay is lower in CROs than in the rest of industry. This is the only con I've noticed so far.

Work long hours but satisfying

Former Employee - Clinical Operations Leader
    Former Employee - Clinical Operations Leader

I worked at PAREXEL as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I was a contract employee. Had a wonderful manager. People that I worked with worked at Parexel for over 10 years

Cons

I was home based and therefore can't comment on the office culture. Contract compensation was good. Benefits to contract employees were good too.

Everyone is leaving

Current Employee - Senior CRA in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior CRA in New York, NY

I have been working at PAREXEL

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Stock plan, Good Line Managers

Cons

No chance for advancement. This is why everyone is leaving. Instead of advancing good CRA's into COL positions and good COL's in to Project Leader positions etc... and etc... the recruiters would prefer to hire from the outside. I was told by one recruiter the reason some people were not advancing was because it was easier to hire for the new position from the outside than to replace them in the lower position. To make up for this Parexel is giving large raises to people who inform thier LM that they want to leave. They are also moving people with easy to replace jobs up and over others with hard to replace jobs. How does this benefit anyone? It causes the qualified employees to become upset and leave. The not qualified person to make multiple errors and either quit or get fired (I have see this happen) and the study becomes a larger mess not making the sponsor happy and making the company and everyone on the study team look bad. Whoever is in charge of recruitment has made it harder on everyone.

Promote qualified people from within. The average employee is there less than three years from what I have seen.

Great Company

I have been working at PAREXEL

Pros

They Believe in new grads

Cons

Are Competitive but worth it

Resourcing problems breed disorganization

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very Nice Co-workers, Lots of processes and standards, long term employees can work from home in many positions, Compensation is very good, no micromanaging in most cases.

Cons

Some of your co-workers actually NEED micromanaging....or YOUR study is affected negatively. You must hang in there for a long time to be able to work from home. Very metrics driven culture, study managers are decentralized (not in office), many times choosing NOT use the processes and standards that you may have come to reply on, therefore your metrics are hard to prove, and no time to enter information into databases so your metrics are positive.

Convert more people to permanent that are proven in position, and have ALL mid to low level contractors or employees have hands on management from experienced employees for at least a year. This will help everyone become more productive on existing studies and existing employees can trust the skill-set and communication skills of new employees. New people to Parexel need a bit more support IN OFFICE to contribute well.

PAREXEL Photos