PAREXEL

Be The First To
Add Photos

PAREXEL Chairman and CEO Josef H. von Rickenbach

Josef H. von Rickenbach

Pros
  • Employees are friendly and helpful, and there is a GREAT work-life balance(in 20 reviews)

• work from home option, depends on your manager though(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • They work you very hard here - the work/life balance is non-existent(in 17 reviews)

• no work/life balance, constant overload, good people leave for better companies(in 7 reviews)

Experience at Parexel

Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) Buenos Aires (Argentina)

ProsI work descentralized and have developed my carreer. Now I´m seeking for new opportunities.

ConsCompensation is not good.

Too Much Upper Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot much to say for pros. The pay rate was just ok. Not the worst but not best either. The people were good, but the management model is not.

ConsToo many management layers, poor broadcasting of future workload. Training was a joke. If you have limited experience this is not the place to go.

Great company to work for!

CRA II (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsHighly competitive compensation and time-off policies.

ConsLack of resourcing for new projects.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Beware of Shallow Promises

Director (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsHighly decentralized culture where you are able to work remotely with a diverse global staff. Management is hit or miss depending on the group for whom you work.

ConsThe workload and travel expectations aee punishing. 60 hr weeks are the norm with minimal worklife balance despite promises to the contrary. For a 13,000 person company there always seems to be staffing shortages and zero training. Management is very cliquey and if you aren't part of the club, never expected to get promoted or even receive a thank you from your boss. There are a lot of promises made in terms of career advancement, but when it comes time to hire, expect the new person to come from outside the company ar a higher payscale than internal employees. The company isn't growing organically, and is only achieving numbers through acquisitions. The CRO industry is changing and the company is consistentlh losing projects to more nimble and less expensive competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people in the field regarding emerging trends in the industry. Leadership is more than empty words and threats. Management through politics and intimidation is no way to lead...and that is rampant throughout the PAREXEL culture.

CLINICAL MONITORING ASSOCIATE

Clinical Monitoring Associate (Current Employee) Billerica, MA

ProsGreat company to gain experience from if you are looking for an entry level position

ConsThere is no room for negotiations for salary. The workload can be a bit overwhelming. Training is less than par. High turnover rater

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at why people are leaving the company in such large numbers in start to make changes to retain employees.

Good stepping stone

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Billerica, MA

ProsBenefits/ Company Picnic/ Winter Gala/ Flexibility/ Tuition reimbursement

ConsLow starting salary/ Minimal raises

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees. Let them know you appreciate their hard work.

Obvious Racism in Berlin branch - plus salary just average

ProsProfessional in some areas of operation

Cons- Favouritism based on color of skin
    - For a city full of talented, well educated and experienced applicants from various cultures spanish, asian, african, the Berlin branches have absolutely negligible (if any) colored employees. This just confirms the negative image the Berlin subsidiary has regarding racial profiling.
    - Salary is more or less just about average

Advice to Senior Management- Be truly international and competitive rather than trying to build a company based on race or country of origin.
    - Devote more resources for training

Poor IT management - high demand for support and growth but no investment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong company; good market; good at what they do

ConsNo investment in the IT needs; "cheapest is best" mentality yet top performance of systems is demanded

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a proper IT budget and manage it

Perfect for those looking for a paycheck, but not those looking for intellectually stimulating work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLeading CRO, experience will pretty much give you an opportunity to go to any CRO later on. Recognizable name that will also let you transition to industry sponsors if you wish.

ConsNot intellectually stimulating, very mundane work. LM was never present and in my case, didn't bode well for new hires who were expected to be in office daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking from home saves the company money and is a great benefit for employees. However, a non-existent LM who works from home when new hires are expected to be in office daily does not benefit the company. You are losing talent!

It is very good for work structures

Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Prospromotions are very less, working hard but no recognistions

Consfacilities like cab& Lunch good

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions

Worked for PAREXEL? Contribute to the Community!