PAREXEL Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014

PAREXEL Chairman and CEO Josef H. von Rickenbach
Josef H. von Rickenbach

Pros
  • Employees are friendly and helpful, and there is a GREAT work-life balance (in 20 reviews)

• work from home option, depends on your manager though (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • They work you very hard here - the work/life balance is non-existent (in 17 reviews)

• no work/life balance, constant overload, good people leave for better companies (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Over-worked, under-paid, no recognition for going above and beyond

Current Employee - QA
    Current Employee - QA

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, at least until they actually get the time-clock to work that's been hanging on the wall for the last 9 months

Cons

Not recognized for hard work or growth of knowledge.
    Promoting the off-shore employees is bringing moral down in other offices.

Stop letting the good people leave the company. Do something now so the people that know what they're doing don't HAVE to leave. Stop going to 'off-site management' trainings and coming back with only gossip about the other departments.
    Promote and pay the employees what they're worth.
    Recognize that the employees in the US are your best asset - we work hard and know how the system runs.
    Stop looking at your bottom line and think about how investing in the veterans of the company are really the ones holding the company's head above water.

Sweatshop hours, no recognition...

Former Employee - Statistical Programmer  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Statistical Programmer in Durham, NC

I worked at PAREXEL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Will get tremendous work experience and exposure. very nice people in the department.

Cons

horrible resourcing situation therefore always short hand when any project needs help. so folks end up working extra CRAZY hours. 10 people join and 5 leave...one of the most high turnover places in CRO world. sad thing is...its been like this for years and still no change in management.

recognize people's work/contribution, transparency in management. too top heavy management

Need More Sentences

I worked at PAREXEL full-time for more than a year

Pros

wonderful people, great exposure, great professional experience.

Cons

shoddy management always defending their position under pressure while micromanaging. Easier position to assume role as micromanager than focusing on larger issues like lack of resources.

ask yourself, how does this affect the big picture

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time for more than a year

Former Employee - Statistical Programmer  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Statistical Programmer in Durham, NC

I worked at PAREXEL full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible working hour and global team

Cons

flexible working hour does not equal over-time working hour.
    department manager only CARED their career goal not the employee even the company.

high level never realize projects problems and always took wrong strategies.

Making me weary

Current Employee - Senior Quality Specialist  in  Billerica, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Specialist in Billerica, MA

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There's good job security here. I'm closing in on a decade with this company and have the benefit of primarily working from home. At the very least, it's a steady paycheck.

Cons

The pay here is lousy compared to Pharma companies. They also are very top-heavy and tend to overextend and burn out lower-level employees.

They need to use the management they have and get more lower-level employees. It would help with productivity and improve retention as well as reduce stress. They also need to make promotions more available to those who deserve it by creating more levels within levels.

Chaos at best…

I worked at PAREXEL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, stocks, people, location, gain experience

Cons

Too top heavy, a lot of people within higher management/director levels that are unaware of day to day operations

It's useless, they don't listen, refuse necessary departmental changes

Very happy here

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Specialist in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, flexible work schedules, good life balance.

In addition my experience has been one of great growth and advancement. I have been fortunate to have good Line Managers who have helped me grow, develop and essentially help me get to where I want to go.

Cons

The actual work environment in RTP anyway has gone to the partial cube structure (where when you are at your desk you can see a sea of heads). It is very impersonal, very difficult to hold a TC without disturbing someone and there is NO PRIVACY what-so-ever. This alone has caused a drop in morale.
    Other cons: the previous comments from others about over work is true but I believe you will find this in all CRO nowadays if not all corporate; everyone is trying to get by with less. There is definite burnout but if you are a hard worker who continues to achieve and excel you will be rewarded.

SPEND MORE MONEY ON TRAINING!!!!! The company cannot seem to recognize that spending money up front for the purpose of training good quality team members the first time will result in quality individuals with the proper tools to succeed which will result in greater retention and happier employees. Instead they prefer to wait until we are in dire straits where team members are training team members (and often teaching their shortcuts) or worse yet no training at all. The result is poor quality, missed deliverables, re-work, more re-work and even more re-work where customers are being billed several times for the same thing. I don't think this is exclusive of PAREXEL though it seems every corp. company wants team members to hit the ground running, learn and ask questions later. It's a pity.

Pharma Service Industry

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Industry leader in many of the fields where it offers services. Many of the software tools are very sophisticated and offer multiple capabilities that competitors may find difficult to match or exceed.

Cons

Company striving to lower the cost of delivering services through offshore sourcing of IT. Much software development in done in Citrix. The time frames for project delivery are often quite tight, and that makes it difficult to deliver with any sense of craft as completing all of the delverables in the given time frame is often a challenge.

The software environment is not one that entails a great deal of bespoke coding, as opposed to the use of pre-built standard software modules.

A great place to work

I have been working at PAREXEL

Pros

Great people, Awesome benefits, and lots of opportunity

Cons

Communication about changes in processes can be some times slow in filtering down to the teams.

Worst company I have ever worked at - and I've worked at many

Current Employee - Confidential
    Current Employee - Confidential

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Somehow, there are a lot of nice people, despite an environment of cut-throat internal competition

Cons

This is without any question a terrible company that provides a shoddy product because it is cheap and does not want to pay for what it needs in order to fulfill its obligations to customers. what happens here is plain and simply a nightmare. Promises are made to win awards, but the stafffing required to implement the studies is not provided. The result is that operational teams are overwhelmed and in competition with each other, and customers are indignant. There are people on sick leave (read stress) and turnover is rife. But we keep selling and promising what we know we can't deliver

1. Resign. Alternatively 2. Learn how to negotiate contracts 3. Admit to Wall Street that we cannot meet the margins you claim and spend money to provide a quality product.

Worked for PAREXEL? Contribute to the Community!