PB Bell Companies Reviews

Updated March 24, 2014

3.7

PB Bell Companies Chairman & CEO Philip B. Bell
Philip B. Bell

Little company feel with great values

I have been working at PB Bell Companies for more than 5 years

Pros

You will hear this often of P.B. Bell, and I’ll say it again. When you work for P.B. Bell, you are not a number. You have a name, a face, a story to tell. Other employees at all levels within the company will ask you “how your day is going?” or “is there anything I can help you with?”

You will also hear that P.B. Bell has a family feel. You will feel like you are apart of an extended family while working at P.B. Bell.

Also, make no mistake P.B. Bell is a professional property management company. Upper management follows the rules. Policies and procedures for the company are outlined very clearly. It may take you a while to get through all of them, but they are there.

Lastly, this is a group of people that is doing what they love for a living. I’m happy to be apart of it. When you are around people like this, working doesn't really seem like work.

Cons

Advancement can be a bit tricky. A little hard work, dedication and flexibility can go a long way but don’t expect advancement opportunities to fall in your lap. New positions on-site will show up often, so moving around is easy. However, new corporate positions don’t show up very often.

It’s nice to see light at the end of the tunnel. Keep up the good work. You are going places and taking me with you!

Horrible management bullies employees.

Former Employee - Leasing Agent  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at PB Bell Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of any pros about this company, other than they have decent health benefits with lower deductibles -- somewhat. The company gives you half off rent if you live on-site; however, when you're finished with you day at PB Bell, you want to get as far away as possible from that place.

Cons

Working for PB Bell gets in the way of family life. Work starts at 9:00 and closes at 6:00 the earliest. Sometimes you're showing properties and dealing with clients until 9:00 p.m. at night. If you have a family forget about it and you'll be leaving your kid in childcare all day. You make a crappy $50.00 per lease, and you're not really making over $35,000 a year even after putting in all that overtime.

stop abusing your employees and let them spend time with their families.

Poor rate of pay for the amount of work required and the stress involved with position

I worked at PB Bell Companies

Pros

Great co-workers. Opportunities to advance (but still poorly paid).

Cons

Poor rate of pay. Terrible health benefits.

Reward your hard working employees more!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good Company to work for. Positive reviews written by HR/Corporate image Department

Former Employee - Prop Mgt  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Prop Mgt in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PB Bell Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A few people I have worked with in maintenance and property management are good hardworking people. Some residents are very kind and develop into long term relationships

Cons

Portfolio Managers grinding on you about traffic # being down when external factors are out of your control, horrible healthcare (you would be better on a government exchange), 401K plan doesnt pay and you need to stay 5 years to vest 100% (are you kidding me?) Lowest pay in industry as MTaylor and Alliance pay higher. Hardwork goes unnoticed and becomes exploited. My advices is look elsewhere as joing PBB is a regret of mine

You make 4-6% on every rental dollar and somehow you hose the property owner by taking what would be prop management fees out of an owners budget and you under compensate your employees. Looks like P Bell and son are pocketing all the profits

More Lies From PB Bell

Former Employee - Leasing  in  Avondale, AZ
    Former Employee - Leasing in Avondale, AZ

I worked at PB Bell Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some companies where there is nothing positive to say.

Cons

Corporate is always having people post the same phony reviews. Every positive review-they say that they treat you like a person-not a number. Its a family company.Blah blah blah. Give it a rest already. Why are leasing people leaving from certain communities after being there just 6 months?

Get out of the business. Stop making excuses. You need professionals at your company.

The PB Bell Companies are the Best!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at PB Bell Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, great people, great company! PB Bell is growing but still is able to maintain the feeling of family. Employees are not just a number at PB Bell like they are at so many other Property Management firms. Employees have a name, a face and a voice! Very refreshing! I am looking forward to my future at PB Bell. 2014 will be a great year!

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

It's a Good Day at PB Bell Companies

Current Employee - Development Coordinator  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Development Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at PB Bell Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyday is different and exciting. My job is very diversified and challenges me in many ways. Before joining this company I did my research as I need to believe in the company I work for; a company that I would represent. I was impressed with the companies five Core Values along with the owners. I am looking forward to the future here at PB Bell.

Cons

I do not have any at this time and truly feel if I encounter any in the future, I can speak to my manager directly about it without worry of any issues.

Best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Corporate Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at PB Bell Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

P. B. Bell from the CEO down care about the details that most companies would not even put on their radar. Ever since joining this company I am continuously impressed with the vision and insight that comes from this company. You would think that at 36 year old company would be set in their ways well P. B. Bell is just the opposite. Constantly looking to improve standards in development and on sight at their 30+ communities I walk into work every morning energized for the future of this company.

Cons

HR to create more activities whether it be themed casual Fridays, pot lucks, happy hours, picnics or team activities to create a better bond between all employees.

Continue to be innovated and never stop trying to improve your craft.

Enjoyable working environment!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at PB Bell Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

PB Bell is a family oriented company that I truly enjoy working for. Since my employment began I have been treated by the upmost respect by every one in the company that I have encountered. (This includes upper management) I get any type of assistance that is needed and never feel as if I am bothering someone. Pb Bell treats its employees right.

Cons

It would be great if there were more properties throughout Arizona. This would make advancement a little easier.

Continue with the positive feedback, it keeps the managers interested and makes everyone smile. The leasing recognition weekly is a great plus! The competitions that are set in place for fun is something that I truly enjoy.

BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!

I have been working at PB Bell Companies full-time

Pros

I have been with this company for several years and have seen it grow and improve each and every year. The employees who posted bad reviews are no longer with the company for a reason....No company can make everyone happy but I feel P.B. Bell tries very hard to make the employees happy as well as their owners and residents.

Cons

Health coverage keeps getting more expensive with less coverage. I know this is not necessarily the company's fault, but it's a struggle.

Make sure EVERYONE is held accountable to the same standards. Consistency is important.

Worked for PB Bell Companies? Contribute to the Community!