PB Bell Companies

Updated October 18, 2014
3.3

PB Bell Companies Chairman & CEO Philip B. Bell
Philip B. Bell

Little company feel with great values

I have been working at PB Bell Companies (more than 5 years)

Pros

You will hear this often of P.B. Bell, and I’ll say it again. When you work for P.B. Bell, you are not a number. You have a name, a face, a story to tell. Other employees at all levels within the company will ask you “how your day is going?” or “is there anything I can help you with?”

You will also hear that P.B. Bell has a family feel. You will feel like you are apart of an extended family while working at P.B. Bell.

Also, make no mistake P.B. Bell is a professional property management company. Upper management follows the rules. Policies and procedures for the company are outlined very clearly. It may take you a while to get through all of them, but they are there.

Lastly, this is a group of people that is doing what they love for a living. I’m happy to be apart of it. When you are around people like this, working doesn't really seem like work.

Cons

Advancement can be a bit tricky. A little hard work, dedication and flexibility can go a long way but don’t expect advancement opportunities to fall in your lap. New positions on-site will show up often, so moving around is easy. However, new corporate positions don’t show up very often.

It’s nice to see light at the end of the tunnel. Keep up the good work. You are going places and taking me with you!

DONT BELIEVE THE POSITIVE REVIEWS

Former Employee - Leasing in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Leasing in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PB Bell Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Why does PB BELL keep posting phony reviews immediately after someone posts a real review that is critical of the company? The review that was just posted was on this site previously. Its not right PB Bell. Follow the Glassdoor guidelines and act ethically!

Cons

PB Bell- you pay leasing people a very low salary. How can I take care of myself and my family when you pay as little as $10 an hour? I can work for Chik Fil A and make more money. You keep saying you're a family company-yeah-you make sure friends of family get the good jobs and get promoted over qualified people. I saw good people-leasing and maintenance lose their jobs for no other reason than managers wanting to hire their friends

Get qualified people. You should not promote young girls to assistant manager just because she is the drinking buddy of the manager.

Felt like I sold my soul to the devil.

Former Employee - Leasing Associate in Paradise Valley, AZ
    Former Employee - Leasing Associate in Paradise Valley, AZ

I worked at PB Bell Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the other lower-level employees were nice and were good people.

Cons

One of the managers who managed a PV location harasses female subordinates and makes them clean his urine off his toilet seat and floor.

Manager made subordinates redo contracts over and over again of he didn't like the handwriting or if the "N/A" stamp wasn't perfectly aligned on paperwork.

They handle a mold remediation issue very poorly and didn't place a pregnant tenant in temporary housing while they were doing the remediation.

You're too far gone to take my advice.

Thiefs and liars

Former Employee - Accountant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Accountant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at PB Bell Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Other employees were generally nice...

Cons

They made me perform illegal transactions and stole money from a bank through fake transactions

Walk the talk

Horrible management bullies employees.

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at PB Bell Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros about this company, other than they have decent health benefits with lower deductibles -- somewhat. The company gives you half off rent if you live on-site; however, when you're finished with you day at PB Bell, you want to get as far away as possible from that place.

Cons

Working for PB Bell gets in the way of family life. Work starts at 9:00 and closes at 6:00 the earliest. Sometimes you're showing properties and dealing with clients until 9:00 p.m. at night. If you have a family forget about it and you'll be leaving your kid in childcare all day. You make a crappy $50.00 per lease, and you're not really making over $35,000 a year even after putting in all that overtime.

stop abusing your employees and let them spend time with their families.

Poor rate of pay for the amount of work required and the stress involved with position

I worked at PB Bell Companies

Pros

Great co-workers. Opportunities to advance (but still poorly paid).

Cons

Poor rate of pay. Terrible health benefits.

Reward your hard working employees more!

Not a good Company to work for. Positive reviews written by HR/Corporate image Department

Former Employee - Prop Mgt in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Prop Mgt in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PB Bell Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A few people I have worked with in maintenance and property management are good hardworking people. Some residents are very kind and develop into long term relationships

Cons

Portfolio Managers grinding on you about traffic # being down when external factors are out of your control, horrible healthcare (you would be better on a government exchange), 401K plan doesnt pay and you need to stay 5 years to vest 100% (are you kidding me?) Lowest pay in industry as MTaylor and Alliance pay higher. Hardwork goes unnoticed and becomes exploited. My advices is look elsewhere as joing PBB is a regret of mine

You make 4-6% on every rental dollar and somehow you hose the property owner by taking what would be prop management fees out of an owners budget and you under compensate your employees. Looks like P Bell and son are pocketing all the profits

More Lies From PB Bell

Former Employee - Leasing in Avondale, AZ
    Former Employee - Leasing in Avondale, AZ

I worked at PB Bell Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are some companies where there is nothing positive to say.

Cons

Corporate is always having people post the same phony reviews. Every positive review-they say that they treat you like a person-not a number. Its a family company.Blah blah blah. Give it a rest already. Why are leasing people leaving from certain communities after being there just 6 months?

Get out of the business. Stop making excuses. You need professionals at your company.

The PB Bell Companies are the Best!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at PB Bell Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture, great people, great company! PB Bell is growing but still is able to maintain the feeling of family. Employees are not just a number at PB Bell like they are at so many other Property Management firms. Employees have a name, a face and a voice! Very refreshing! I am looking forward to my future at PB Bell. 2014 will be a great year!

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

It's a Good Day at PB Bell Companies

Current Employee - Development Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Development Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at PB Bell Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyday is different and exciting. My job is very diversified and challenges me in many ways. Before joining this company I did my research as I need to believe in the company I work for; a company that I would represent. I was impressed with the companies five Core Values along with the owners. I am looking forward to the future here at PB Bell.

Cons

I do not have any at this time and truly feel if I encounter any in the future, I can speak to my manager directly about it without worry of any issues.