PC Connection Reviews

21 reviews filtered by
  • Merrimack, NH
3.2
Timothy McGrath

1. This job works for me!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at PC Connection full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I really enjoy going to work, I love my coworkers, my team, my managers, I love my customers (most of them!). I'm paid well and fairly. It takes a lot of hard work to get to this point, and sales isn't for everyone, but success can be achieved. Some fun perks include free meals, tchotchkes, trips, prizes, gifts.

Cons

It can seem daunting for new hires to figure out the lay of the land, how to get things done that only tenured people would know how to achieve. There aren't always official procedures to follow and training only gets you so far. If you are a scrapper, and diligent, you can overcome those obstacles though. Walls are there to show you how much you really want something.

Advice to Management

Communication could be improved.

2. Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I worked at PC Connection full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good learning environment for new college grads

Cons

salaries are consistently well below market

3. Demoralizing

Former Employee - Account Manager in Merrimack, NH

I worked at PC Connection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not a whole lot of pros here, Resume builder

Cons

Cutthroat sales, unattainable goals, Micromanagement is terrible, goals go up every month for 2 years

Advice to Management

Leadership is terrible! Show a little more appreciation to the new hires all you guys care about is the big dogs. You ask too much of your Account Managers

5. Earning Potential but Churn and Burn

Current Employee - Account Manager in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at PC Connection full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lot of earning potential and opportunity to win free trips to concerts sporting events and even weekends away.

Cons

Not enough training on the products that are sold, base salary is low. It takes a long time to make good money and there is a lack of support to help build up your business. Internal processes are very slow.

Advice to Management

Need a better way to collaborate with other departments outside of sales. Monthly training classes on new technologies.

6. Principal Software Developer

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at PC Connection full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company that actually makes money. Very nice living in NH and commuting with no traffic what so ever. Unlimited access to Microsoft technology stack

Cons

Company is primarily about sales - but not too much in your face about it. Constrained to Microsoft technology stack

Advice to Management

Reward your developers and they will stay

7. Great First Job

Former Employee - Account Manager in Merrimack, NH

I worked at PC Connection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training program was top notch and gave a nice overview of everything you'd be selling. Nice team environment depending where you end up. Goals are tiered based on tenure.

Cons

Upper management tends to micromanage and fail to realize there are time consuming pieces to the sales cycle that could impact you hitting the 60/2:15 metric daily.

Advice to Management

Let's the sales managers run their teams and you'll be surprised how well it goes. Micromanaging tends to hurt everyone.

PC Connection doesn't suck completely

Current Employee - Account Executive in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at PC Connection full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Can be *big* fun if you're in-with-the-in crowd. very Republican, Fox News/Megyn Kelly feel to the place. If that's your cup of tea (hee hee) you'll have a blast here.

Cons

very Republican, Fox News/Megyn Kelly feel to the place poor, POOR remuneration!!

Advice to Management

meh!

9. Inside sales can be lucrative but is wearing

Former Employee - Account Manager in Merrimack, NH

I worked at PC Connection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

PC Connection provides a lot of product training and access to tons of information for its inside sales reps. If you are outgoing, you might enjoy working there. They have a good benefits package and often provide free food. It's basically a commodity sell, so you need to build relationships with buyers who value your responsiveness. You need to put a lot of hours into the job during your first year, to research your leads before you call them. Once you build your "book of business," you can do a lot of repeat selling and make good money.

Cons

The sales force is housed in a very large room subdivided by cubicles. For me, it was too noisy. My sales manager (who is still there) forced me to relinquish my first steady buyer, even though I'd earned the account and followed all the rules, just to satisfy some political deal with another sales manager. I was given another account that didn't plan to buy anything. After that, I totally lost my motivation.

Advice to Management

Management should follow the rules of engagement.

Not trustworthy, management has agendas and will not consider your best interest

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at PC Connection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance, compensation, time-off policies

Cons

Culture, career movement/upward mobility, lack of innovation, poor internal data systems, management

Advice to Management

It's obvious management will stop at nothing to carry out their agendas, even it means suppressing career advancement/job sabotage for employees. Taking credit for others ideas, insensitivity to diversity, and bullying employees are not well received - it's highly dysfunctional and unprofessional. Management blocks the tools necessary to be successful in an individual contributor role, so they can take credit for large opportunities and projects, as well as maintain control. I will be sure to discuss my experiences with colleagues in the industry to bring awareness to the negative and unethical activity rampant throughout this company.

11. Not For Everyone!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Merrimack, NH

I worked at PC Connection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The saying over worked and underpaid doesn't apply here. They take the time to train you, along with decent compensation, and benefits.

Cons

Once your a couple weeks in, criticism is an everyday thing from managers that care nothing less than making money for themselves. A lot of the staff is very judgmental, almost a high school setting with the amount of back talk that occurs within the company. If you're not making sales goals, they will do whatever they can to break you. They have a horrific turnover rate, anyone there that works for the company for more than 2 years can tell you that. If you're not someone that can handle cold calling, it is not the place for you. Once within the company, you will hear from all the veterans, PCC is either for you, or not.

Advice to Management

Work with your staff more, and maybe you'll have employees that respect you, and you should probably start drug testing, its not a clean environment once you meet everyone.