PC Connection

Timothy McGrath

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great First Job

Account Manager (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsThe training program was top notch and gave a nice overview of everything you'd be selling. Nice team environment depending where you end up. Goals are tiered based on tenure.

ConsUpper management tends to micromanage and fail to realize there are time consuming pieces to the sales cycle that could impact you hitting the 60/2:15 metric daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's the sales managers run their teams and you'll be surprised how well it goes. Micromanaging tends to hurt everyone.

PC Connection doesn't suck completely

Account Executive (Current Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsCan be *big* fun if you're in-with-the-in crowd. very Republican, Fox News/Megyn Kelly feel to the place. If that's your cup of tea (hee hee) you'll have a blast here.

Consvery Republican, Fox News/Megyn Kelly feel to the place poor, POOR remuneration!!

Advice to Senior Managementmeh!

Not trustworthy, management has agendas and will not consider your best interest

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsWork/life balance, compensation, time-off policies

ConsCulture, career movement/upward mobility, lack of innovation, poor internal data systems, management

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's obvious management will stop at nothing to carry out their agendas, even it means suppressing career advancement/job sabotage for employees. Taking credit for others ideas, insensitivity to diversity, and bullying employees are not well received - it's highly dysfunctional and unprofessional. Management blocks the tools necessary to be successful in an individual contributor role, so they can take credit for large opportunities and projects, as well as maintain control. I will be sure to discuss my experiences with colleagues in the industry to bring awareness to the negative and unethical activity rampant throughout this company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside sales can be lucrative but is wearing

Account Manager (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsPC Connection provides a lot of product training and access to tons of information for its inside sales reps. If you are outgoing, you might enjoy working there. They have a good benefits package and often provide free food. It's basically a commodity sell, so you need to build relationships with buyers who value your responsiveness. You need to put a lot of hours into the job during your first year, to research your leads before you call them. Once you build your "book of business," you can do a lot of repeat selling and make good money.

ConsThe sales force is housed in a very large room subdivided by cubicles. For me, it was too noisy. My sales manager (who is still there) forced me to relinquish my first steady buyer, even though I'd earned the account and followed all the rules, just to satisfy some political deal with another sales manager. I was given another account that didn't plan to buy anything. After that, I totally lost my motivation.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should follow the rules of engagement.

Not For Everyone!

Account Manager (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsThe saying over worked and underpaid doesn't apply here. They take the time to train you, along with decent compensation, and benefits.

ConsOnce your a couple weeks in, criticism is an everyday thing from managers that care nothing less than making money for themselves. A lot of the staff is very judgmental, almost a high school setting with the amount of back talk that occurs within the company. If you're not making sales goals, they will do whatever they can to break you. They have a horrific turnover rate, anyone there that works for the company for more than 2 years can tell you that. If you're not someone that can handle cold calling, it is not the place for you. Once within the company, you will hear from all the veterans, PCC is either for you, or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your staff more, and maybe you'll have employees that respect you, and you should probably start drug testing, its not a clean environment once you meet everyone.

Copy, Paste, Repeat!

Data Steward (Janitor) (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsThey have a nice café that has good food. It's a little pricey however.

ConsDon't let the job description deceive you! They use a lot of fancy words to make it seem like you are applying for an important role. It's not until you are sitting down at your desk on day 1 that you realize this is not what I signed up for. Meetings are held almost everyday and they are never useful. The only purpose they seemed to have was for people to give themselves a pat on the back. If you enjoy being bored to tears then this is the job for you!

Ultra Conservative, resistant to change and no foresight

Marketing (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsDecent Health Benefits
    Top Notch Creative Marketing Teams
    Low base salary but high earnings potential.

ConsConservative management that is severely risk adverse and slow to market new technologies or invest in support/service infrastructure/certifications

Office Politics with an abundance of title ego's and double speak/standards.

No sense of teamwork or individual accountability

Advice to Senior ManagementMake investments, take risks and be accountable.
    Challenge the status quo and recognize those that think out of the box
    Decrease time to integration of company acquisitions.

Political Atmosphere

Project Manager (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsEasy commute for New Hampshire residents. Sales oriented culture.

ConsHighly political work culture. Career advancement - poor prospects.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

PC Connection is a pretty good place to work

Government Sales (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsPC Connection and its subsidiaries offer a decent income with a pleasant work environment. There are many layers to the company so there are plenty of opportunities for advancement and new challenges. Rewards from the company and its vendors make PCC positive place to be. The training is a plus as well. The cons below have little effect on the entry level or middle management positions.

ConsSenior management tends to be obsessive about metrics and do not always manage to the strengths of the individual. There is a tendancy at the upper echelon to be very wishy washy about direction and focus. Middle-upper management is averse to change and wields a lot of power in thwarting positive direction changes and planning. There tends to be a lot of political infighting amongst the higher ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a positive direction for growth and stick with it. Changing paths on a regular basis, setting a course and then not having the fortitude to stick with it for the long hall, always falling back on what worked yesterday instead of trying to add to the company's strengths...these weaknesses will drive the rank and file crazy and geatly diminish their respect for you. Treat your people like people, not sheep who can be fed drink tickets at corporate events, given a few meaningless platitudes in a slick video presentation, and then put back in the pen.

Great Company to work for if you can stand sitting in a cube and cold calling all day.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

Prosprizes, food, outings, good training program, their is potential to make very good money however need to be there for a long time because beginning pay is not enough to live off of

Consmonitored dials and outgoing talk time instead of total talk time and you're in a cube all day. Accounts of employee's leaving are given to favorites instead of those who deserve them sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementinstead of outgoing talk time look at total talk time, spread accounts more than just one team when people leave the company

Worked for PC Connection? Contribute to the Community!