PC Connection

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Timothy McGrath

Great opportunity for those willing to put in the effort and can learn the industry.

ProsCo-workers are friendly, management is very relaxed and will work with you to make you successful, unlimited salary potential if you have a knack to sell, great networking opportunities if you are looking to move up in the industry, lots of prizes and free company outings.

ConsSometimes can be frustrating when things don't land your way, sales support not always helpful, the first 6 months are hard and you will not make much more than your base salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that not everyone operates and learns the same way. It's best to cater to the individual in hopes of having the most successful sales reps.

Great First Job

Account Manager (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsThe training program was top notch and gave a nice overview of everything you'd be selling. Nice team environment depending where you end up. Goals are tiered based on tenure.

ConsUpper management tends to micromanage and fail to realize there are time consuming pieces to the sales cycle that could impact you hitting the 60/2:15 metric daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's the sales managers run their teams and you'll be surprised how well it goes. Micromanaging tends to hurt everyone.

Positive Atmosphere, Helpful Managers and Great Training Opportunities as well as Benefits.

ProsEveryone is very helpful. Management is always there to answer questions and the people are friendly.You can easily get ahold of upper management and they are flexible in terms of time off. Perks are great and the compensation is average.

ConsResistant to some change and raises are minimal (2-3%). Can be a "boys club," as can any other organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider changing your approach to sales. Cold calling isn't all the rage anymore.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very professional organization and HR team

Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsExcellent benefits and employee incentives

ConsIt would be a plus if there were more office locations

PC Connection doesn't suck completely

Account Executive (Current Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsCan be *big* fun if you're in-with-the-in crowd. very Republican, Fox News/Megyn Kelly feel to the place. If that's your cup of tea (hee hee) you'll have a blast here.

Consvery Republican, Fox News/Megyn Kelly feel to the place poor, POOR remuneration!!

Advice to Senior Managementmeh!

Not trustworthy, management has agendas and will not consider your best interest

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsWork/life balance, compensation, time-off policies

ConsCulture, career movement/upward mobility, lack of innovation, poor internal data systems, management

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's obvious management will stop at nothing to carry out their agendas, even it means suppressing career advancement/job sabotage for employees. Taking credit for others ideas, insensitivity to diversity, and bullying employees are not well received - it's highly dysfunctional and unprofessional. Management blocks the tools necessary to be successful in an individual contributor role, so they can take credit for large opportunities and projects, as well as maintain control. I will be sure to discuss my experiences with colleagues in the industry to bring awareness to the negative and unethical activity rampant throughout this company.

Good Solid Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with in all departments
    Decent work/life balance
    Good Vacation time, even at start of employment
    Robust opportunities if you are looking for a sales role

ConsBelow average pay
    Slow and steady growth, falls behind the competition
    Aged systems and company process
    Promotions are hard to come by

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more value on employees
    Listen to ideas and allow for change

Inside sales can be lucrative but is wearing

Account Manager (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsPC Connection provides a lot of product training and access to tons of information for its inside sales reps. If you are outgoing, you might enjoy working there. They have a good benefits package and often provide free food. It's basically a commodity sell, so you need to build relationships with buyers who value your responsiveness. You need to put a lot of hours into the job during your first year, to research your leads before you call them. Once you build your "book of business," you can do a lot of repeat selling and make good money.

ConsThe sales force is housed in a very large room subdivided by cubicles. For me, it was too noisy. My sales manager (who is still there) forced me to relinquish my first steady buyer, even though I'd earned the account and followed all the rules, just to satisfy some political deal with another sales manager. I was given another account that didn't plan to buy anything. After that, I totally lost my motivation.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should follow the rules of engagement.

JOB SECURITY BUT FALSE PROMISES!

ProsExcellent work/life balance, flexible on remote work, job security (as long as you do it), and fun people to work with.

ConsRaises are absolutely terrible (they're less than cost of living increases), you don't get rewarded or compensated for your work (others take credit for it), and they promise you the world on opportunities/promotions and they don't deliver.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to get to know each employee. This way you can find out who the real top earners/producers are. Learn to promote based on accomplishments and not who your favorite person is. These are the people that give you their loyalty.

Not For Everyone!

Account Manager (Former Employee) Merrimack, NH

ProsThe saying over worked and underpaid doesn't apply here. They take the time to train you, along with decent compensation, and benefits.

ConsOnce your a couple weeks in, criticism is an everyday thing from managers that care nothing less than making money for themselves. A lot of the staff is very judgmental, almost a high school setting with the amount of back talk that occurs within the company. If you're not making sales goals, they will do whatever they can to break you. They have a horrific turnover rate, anyone there that works for the company for more than 2 years can tell you that. If you're not someone that can handle cold calling, it is not the place for you. Once within the company, you will hear from all the veterans, PCC is either for you, or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your staff more, and maybe you'll have employees that respect you, and you should probably start drug testing, its not a clean environment once you meet everyone.

Worked for PC Connection? Contribute to the Community!