PC Connection Reviews

1. good first job

Former Employee - Account Manager in Keene, NH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Keene, NH

I worked at PC Connection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great industry experience
    excellent new hire training

Cons

low base salary
    time off

2. Earning Potential but Churn and Burn

Current Employee - Account Manager in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at PC Connection full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lot of earning potential and opportunity to win free trips to concerts sporting events and even weekends away.

Cons

Not enough training on the products that are sold, base salary is low. It takes a long time to make good money and there is a lack of support to help build up your business. Internal processes are very slow.

Need a better way to collaborate with other departments outside of sales. Monthly training classes on new technologies.

3. If you work hard, you will be compensated - Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at PC Connection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best thing about this company is that you are in control of your paycheck. If you are willing to work hard and do the right things for the first 2 years you will be making the money you are looking for! It is all about seeing the forest through the trees!

Cons

The first 2 years are difficult, and the pay is low to begin with. Once you establish your book of business the job is much more enjoyable and financially lucrative!

Find a way to make the first 2 years a bit easier on the sales people - nobody wants to work for 25K a year!

5. Principal Software Developer

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at PC Connection full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company that actually makes money. Very nice living in NH and commuting with no traffic what so ever. Unlimited access to Microsoft technology stack

Cons

Company is primarily about sales - but not too much in your face about it. Constrained to Microsoft technology stack

Reward your developers and they will stay

6. Great opportunity for those willing to put in the effort and can learn the industry.

I have been working at PC Connection

Pros

Co-workers are friendly, management is very relaxed and will work with you to make you successful, unlimited salary potential if you have a knack to sell, great networking opportunities if you are looking to move up in the industry, lots of prizes and free company outings.

Cons

Sometimes can be frustrating when things don't land your way, sales support not always helpful, the first 6 months are hard and you will not make much more than your base salary.

Remember that not everyone operates and learns the same way. It's best to cater to the individual in hopes of having the most successful sales reps.

7. Positive Atmosphere, Helpful Managers and Great Training Opportunities as well as Benefits.

I have been working at PC Connection full-time

Pros

Everyone is very helpful. Management is always there to answer questions and the people are friendly.You can easily get ahold of upper management and they are flexible in terms of time off. Perks are great and the compensation is average.

Cons

Resistant to some change and raises are minimal (2-3%). Can be a "boys club," as can any other organization.

Consider changing your approach to sales. Cold calling isn't all the rage anymore.

8. Very professional organization and HR team

Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Morrisville, NC

I worked at PC Connection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits and employee incentives

Cons

It would be a plus if there were more office locations

9. Great First Job

Former Employee - Account Manager in Merrimack, NH

I worked at PC Connection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training program was top notch and gave a nice overview of everything you'd be selling. Nice team environment depending where you end up. Goals are tiered based on tenure.

Cons

Upper management tends to micromanage and fail to realize there are time consuming pieces to the sales cycle that could impact you hitting the 60/2:15 metric daily.

Let's the sales managers run their teams and you'll be surprised how well it goes. Micromanaging tends to hurt everyone.

PC Connection doesn't suck completely

Current Employee - Account Executive in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at PC Connection full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Can be *big* fun if you're in-with-the-in crowd. very Republican, Fox News/Megyn Kelly feel to the place. If that's your cup of tea (hee hee) you'll have a blast here.

Cons

very Republican, Fox News/Megyn Kelly feel to the place poor, POOR remuneration!!

meh!

11. Inside sales can be lucrative but is wearing

I worked at PC Connection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

PC Connection provides a lot of product training and access to tons of information for its inside sales reps. If you are outgoing, you might enjoy working there. They have a good benefits package and often provide free food. It's basically a commodity sell, so you need to build relationships with buyers who value your responsiveness. You need to put a lot of hours into the job during your first year, to research your leads before you call them. Once you build your "book of business," you can do a lot of repeat selling and make good money.

Cons

The sales force is housed in a very large room subdivided by cubicles. For me, it was too noisy. My sales manager (who is still there) forced me to relinquish my first steady buyer, even though I'd earned the account and followed all the rules, just to satisfy some political deal with another sales manager. I was given another account that didn't plan to buy anything. After that, I totally lost my motivation.

Management should follow the rules of engagement.