PC-Doctor

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Aki Korhonen

I like working here

I have been working at PC-Doctor full-time

ProsYou get to wear shorts when it is hot. Cloud, HW, UI, and other interesting areas to work in are available.

ConsYou can't wear shorts when it's warm. As a small company, PC-Doctor has limited opportunities.

Good poeple

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at PC-Doctor full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of smart people with a sense of humor and good work ethic.

ConsSmall company which means that its affected by the tides in the economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep trying to do your best.

Senior management says one thing but does another, lack of trust.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at PC-Doctor

ProsThe QA and development teams are great. In general they communicate well, are open to discussion, and never hostile. Engineering gets +++. Product management is pretty good now after some rough years in the past. Non-senior management and staff are excellent and honest.

ConsThe big con is senior management. There are only three people at that level that you can point to for that. Only two communicate with employees on regular basis. One is a ex-district attorney and you really can't take what she says as truth unless you parse through it with a fine tooth comb and, even then, you better get it in writing!

Advice to Senior ManagementStep away from your pet project, sell the company and retire 4 years too late.

OK

Technician (Former Employee)
Menomonie, WI

I worked at PC-Doctor

ProsFlexible, Customers were fun to work with

ConsManagement doesn't care Neglected company

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy have you decided to neglect the company

Outstanding workers, but the highest level of executive management is endangering and limiting the company's success.

I have been working at PC-Doctor

ProsThe people who do the work are the best and brightest in the industry. The rigid hiring process had provided us with engineers that could easily be working in the Google and Microsoft's of the world. Every day you learn something new that enriches your knowledge technically. People like working with each other and enjoy the technical challenges.

ConsCategorically the downfall of the company is the _senior_ executive management. The topmost management is inexperienced in company management and severely lacking in basic leadership abilities. While there is excellent leadership and management for the lower levels of the executive team they are stymied by the senior management. Due to this inconsistency in leadership there is a general lack of distrust and a complete lack of faith in management at the lower levels of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate your behavior. The highest management level needs to take responsibility for all company issues. True leadership means taking ownership of all the problems and having the good sense to step back from issues and have impartial groups evaluate problem situations prior to determining the course of action. One cannot appropriately evaluate a severe situation by being directly involved in investigations.

Rewarding...yet challanging

I have been working at PC-Doctor

ProsPay level was ok for work done

ConsAttitudes of management to front line employees was harsh.

Small company atmosphere with global reach

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PC-Doctor

ProsGreat co-workers, team atmosphere, lots of opportunities for company sponsored fun events (for example, laser tag, camping, go-karts, etc.). Good pay, good time-off policy, matching 401k, and more.

ConsMicro-management at times, small company, stressful, many important deadlines, too few people for the amount of work, high cost product with long sales cycle.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be flexible on pricing to attract more customers and grow business; need more products to remain viable, Need to expand into areas outside pc diagnostics utilizing core competencies but expanding to wider market.

Its all about the senior management

I have been working at PC-Doctor

ProsAbsolutely amazing people to work with! Great place for an expert in the field or someone just out of college if they have the motivation to learn.

ConsLike others on glassdoor have said for years, its all about management. The senior management of the company understands that good performance should be rewarded, but they fail to understand that bad consistently performance should result in termination. They brag about being a private company and not having to report to shareholders (because the board is the shareholders), but I think that its a bad thing the board is never held accountable for their acts until the company runs itself into the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk the employees in a 100% anonymous fashion for advice and feedback. Then, instead of pretending you got no feedback, publish it internally for others to comment on. Don't hide the comments from the online survey for only the board to review and ultimately ignore. Make it open!

Worked for PC-Doctor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PC-Doctor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PC-Doctor CEO Aki Korhonen. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by PC-Doctor employees.