PC Helps Reviews

3.1

Brian Madocks

PC Helps job review

Current Employee - Productivity Consultant in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at PC Helps full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good introduction to the workings of a help desk. Excellent training will get you prepared for taking calls from clients. Great people to work with.

Cons

Low starting salary. Good benefits but very expensive. Very little advancement opportunities.

It's a starting point but don't expect to get too far

Current Employee - Productivity Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Productivity Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PC Helps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great interpersonal relationships with coworkers. You can learn quite a bit but the training completion certificates are worthless elsewhere. If you enjoy talking to people with good customer service skills the technical part can be learned. Deep knowledge of applications and devices supported.

Cons

Not a lot of room to grow.

The pay and bonus schedule don't make a lot of sense and continue to change.

Consultants seem to be just that anymore this company once seemed to acknowledge employees as individual now it's all our numbers.

The raises are almost insulting at times, the cost for clients to call based on what a productivity consultant makes for the workload seems very off. For the industry this seems to be one of the lowest paying companies.

Remember Bill Hood what we value. Remember we work hard to help your company grow and showing us a bit more appreciation would be very welcomed by consultants! Look at industry standards for pay, reevaluate what your consultants do and how hard the job that brings in your revenue can be.

awful

Former Employee - Productivity Advisor in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - Productivity Advisor in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at PC Helps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

better than fast food, but not a place you go if you want to build a career... they fail!

Cons

turn and burn, don't care about employees

build a team!

I worked at PC Helps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Have the opportunity to interact with a lot of different organizations

Cons

For as customer service oriented of a service that PC Helps provided they do just the opposite for their own employees. Everyone is NOT equal and Brian makes no secret of this fact.

Treat all of your employees equally and fairly

Good enough to tread water

Current Employee - Productivity Consultant in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at PC Helps part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-They'll hire nearly anyone, as long as they foresee a need
    -Most of the people who work there are nice, and a friendly environment is encouraged
    -Benefits are pretty OK

Cons

-Unrealistically high workload for the pay
    -Upper management doesn't communicate with the plebs very well - too few people up there doing too much work
    -You're not likely to get promoted, and getting a raise is pretty darned hard
    -No but seriously upper management mostly communicates in canned emails and phrases.

Talk to the plebs more often... oh, and try to encourage intelligence, not rote script-following - guess which one makes callers happier?

Growing Company with Tons of Potential

Current Employee - Productivity Advisor in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at PC Helps full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Management along with a nice environment to work in. Growth potential

Cons

None that I have seen thus far

Keep up the great work

Great learning potential, not so great work environment

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at PC Helps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn, generally great coworkers. It was a good starting point to my IT career.

Cons

Entirely too numbers-focused, not very positive working environment. Felt like a consultant mill.

If you work hard you'll be rewarded

Current Employee - Productivity Advisor in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at PC Helps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

PC Helps has a great company atmosphere and they take notice of and reward hard work. All of the sales team management has been promoted from the Productivity Advisor role. There's a lax dress code(barely business casual), and they're flexible with time off. You're not competing with other employees to close the same accounts and the ability to make money is good. There's a comprehensive training program so you don't just swim with the sharks, and if you're not doing well they work closely with you to help you succeed; you'll know well ahead of time if your job is in danger.

Cons

There are plenty of people in the Productivity Advisor role who don't care and management isn't quick to fire them. The first year, getting over 4 deals can be hard. It's a hard role and requires a lot of persistence and a tough skin.

Drop bad employees with attitude issues sooner.

Productivity Advisor

Current Employee - Productivity Advisor in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at PC Helps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The sales methods initially seemed off to me but after following their ideas i found good results. There is a fun group of people there and if you can meet their tar

Cons

It is difficult to make so many cold calls but it definitely gives you superb tenacity.

Make sure to let staff know when a job is well done, praise goes a long way.

Learned more about corporate sales the I ever would have guessed

I have been working at PC Helps

Pros

Great single sales revenue engine, excellent support structure, leveraging CRM's and business units in a proactive way. If you were used to person to person sales but haven't done business to business this is your boot camp. Overall I have learned a lot more at PCH then I ever knew walking in and I'm prepared to take the next step in a corporate level. Not sure if that would even be my path if it wasn't for PCH. The Leadership team on the sales side actually get to know you and care.

Cons

To many sales reps or "PA" team members. Salary is bare bones and you starve until you close a few deals. You could always put up incredible numbers with other metrics, but in the end that's a smoke a screen. Not enough active retention of talent. You have to leave then come back to get noticed.

Fire half the PA team. Keep three reps per region. Use the extra money to raise the salary of the guys and gals your going with. Then only hire top talent. completing conference calls isn't a metric that I believe will take this company to the next level. Actualized Income is. Focus on that. Stream line things. A body at a desk isnt worth not paying great talent.