PC Helps

Updated Mar 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brian Madocks

It's a starting point but don't expect to get too far

Productivity Consultant (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat interpersonal relationships with coworkers. You can learn quite a bit but the training completion certificates are worthless elsewhere. If you enjoy talking to people with good customer service skills the technical part can be learned. Deep knowledge of applications and devices supported.

ConsNot a lot of room to grow.

The pay and bonus schedule don't make a lot of sense and continue to change.

Consultants seem to be just that anymore this company once seemed to acknowledge employees as individual now it's all our numbers.

The raises are almost insulting at times, the cost for clients to call based on what a productivity consultant makes for the workload seems very off. For the industry this seems to be one of the lowest paying companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember Bill Hood what we value. Remember we work hard to help your company grow and showing us a bit more appreciation would be very welcomed by consultants! Look at industry standards for pay, reevaluate what your consultants do and how hard the job that brings in your revenue can be.

awful

Productivity Advisor (Former Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

Prosbetter than fast food, but not a place you go if you want to build a career... they fail!

Consturn and burn, don't care about employees

Advice to Senior Managementbuild a team!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHave the opportunity to interact with a lot of different organizations

ConsFor as customer service oriented of a service that PC Helps provided they do just the opposite for their own employees. Everyone is NOT equal and Brian makes no secret of this fact.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all of your employees equally and fairly

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good enough to tread water

Productivity Consultant (Current Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

Pros-They'll hire nearly anyone, as long as they foresee a need
    -Most of the people who work there are nice, and a friendly environment is encouraged
    -Benefits are pretty OK

Cons-Unrealistically high workload for the pay
    -Upper management doesn't communicate with the plebs very well - too few people up there doing too much work
    -You're not likely to get promoted, and getting a raise is pretty darned hard
    -No but seriously upper management mostly communicates in canned emails and phrases.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to the plebs more often... oh, and try to encourage intelligence, not rote script-following - guess which one makes callers happier?

PC Helps job review

Productivity Consultant (Current Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsGood introduction to the workings of a help desk. Excellent training will get you prepared for taking calls from clients. Great people to work with.

ConsLow starting salary. Good benefits but very expensive. Very little advancement opportunities.

Growing Company with Tons of Potential

Productivity Advisor (Current Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsGreat Management along with a nice environment to work in. Growth potential

ConsNone that I have seen thus far

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Great learning potential, not so great work environment

Technical Consultant (Former Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsOpportunity to learn, generally great coworkers. It was a good starting point to my IT career.

ConsEntirely too numbers-focused, not very positive working environment. Felt like a consultant mill.

If you work hard you'll be rewarded

Productivity Advisor (Current Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsPC Helps has a great company atmosphere and they take notice of and reward hard work. All of the sales team management has been promoted from the Productivity Advisor role. There's a lax dress code(barely business casual), and they're flexible with time off. You're not competing with other employees to close the same accounts and the ability to make money is good. There's a comprehensive training program so you don't just swim with the sharks, and if you're not doing well they work closely with you to help you succeed; you'll know well ahead of time if your job is in danger.

ConsThere are plenty of people in the Productivity Advisor role who don't care and management isn't quick to fire them. The first year, getting over 4 deals can be hard. It's a hard role and requires a lot of persistence and a tough skin.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop bad employees with attitude issues sooner.

Productivity Advisor

Productivity Advisor (Current Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsThe sales methods initially seemed off to me but after following their ideas i found good results. There is a fun group of people there and if you can meet their tar

ConsIt is difficult to make so many cold calls but it definitely gives you superb tenacity.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to let staff know when a job is well done, praise goes a long way.

Learned more about corporate sales the I ever would have guessed

Productivity Advisor (Current Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsGreat single sales revenue engine, excellent support structure, leveraging CRM's and business units in a proactive way. If you were used to person to person sales but haven't done business to business this is your boot camp. Overall I have learned a lot more at PCH then I ever knew walking in and I'm prepared to take the next step in a corporate level. Not sure if that would even be my path if it wasn't for PCH. The Leadership team on the sales side actually get to know you and care.

ConsTo many sales reps or "PA" team members. Salary is bare bones and you starve until you close a few deals. You could always put up incredible numbers with other metrics, but in the end that's a smoke a screen. Not enough active retention of talent. You have to leave then come back to get noticed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire half the PA team. Keep three reps per region. Use the extra money to raise the salary of the guys and gals your going with. Then only hire top talent. completing conference calls isn't a metric that I believe will take this company to the next level. Actualized Income is. Focus on that. Stream line things. A body at a desk isnt worth not paying great talent.

Worked for PC Helps? Contribute to the Community!