PCA

Be The First To
Add Photos

PCA CEO and Director Mark W. Kowlzan

Mark W. Kowlzan

Small, but quickly growing company

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Counce, TN

ProsThis company is very smart with their investments and the way they treat their employees. Over the years they have accrued little debt, and as a result have grown very well in the past few years. Employees are given great opportunities for advancement while providing well balanced management.

ConsThe locations of most of their mills are in small, rural towns that some potential employees may not find agreeable.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruit younger people willing to live in small towns, or ones that already have families.

Hard work is required each day

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsAlways busy and mandatory overtime is required

Consalways hectic and no air conditioning

Our company was bought by PCA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalary remained the same when purchased.

ConsInformation Technology was not up to date. Communications were very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more current with Technology.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to be

Industrial Design Intern (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosits gets kind of boring sometimes

ConsThis industry job security is great if thats what you are looking for. Packaging is always going to be around in the future never have to worry about any uncertainties.

PCA was very generous with it's employees through financial compensation and very good benefits.

Design Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCorporate PCA had benevolent oversight of the local facilitities. But those local facilities had the flexibility to optimize their unique strengths and talents. Having fifty plus offices, there was always a plant best suited for any customer.

ConsThe employee-chemistry was crucial, for the effectiveness of the independence of all the separate plants.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is 'business first'; keep a clear perspective.

quick and easy to make money

Valet (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosall you do is drive cars

Consno room for opportunity

Compensation program worst in industry

Account Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThere is no reason to work for PCA

ConsTerrible compensation program, absolutely the worst, no reason to work for this company when any other company is available and better to work for

PCA is now lost in the integration shuffle.

ProsGrowing company (as a result of the recent acquisition of Boise, Inc.). Long-tenured employees who are incredibly loyal to the company.

ConsGrowing company with long-tenured employees who are out of their element trying to manage the integration with Boise. Communication has gotten very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember management 101 basic - people want to know what's in it for them and why things are happening the way they are happening. Communication will be the key to either your success or failure with this endeavor. So far...there is room for much improvement.

Frustrating

ProsGood benefits,people. Good desks.short-term disability.

ConsSince Medco migration the performance goals have been set too high for problems. Pay cut is not what I signed up for. Medco workers were union and ESI busted the union. Those left should get large pay increases, not decreases!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow who is doing their job and reward them. Get rid of bottom- feeders!!

Overall, very rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and benefits. The "Golden Rule" culture is not just spoken about but they legitimately try to put it into practice. The company offers many great training opportunities and strives to build into their people.

ConsWork/Life balance is difficult to achieve. Worked many, many 60-70 hour weeks with little choice in the matter.

Worked for PCA? Contribute to the Community!