PCM

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Frank F. Khulusi

Pros
  • Overall I was able to learn a lot about the IT sales industry coming into my original entry level sales position with no knowledge of the industry(in 5 reviews)

• When I joined PC Mall in early 2010 there were no territories and it was the wild west(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • management has no idea how to sell or delivery professional services(in 4 reviews)

• Hight Level of Micro Management(in 6 reviews)

Good

Prog (Current Employee) Pasadena, TX

ProsThey are very nice people and I love to work with that Company.

ConsThere ar eno bad things to say

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Great place to start for those new to the IT industry.

ProsGood for the those new to the IT Industry.
    Great location in the heart of the city, close to transportation.
    Enjoy working with fellow colleagues.

ConsFor those with IT industry experience, there are better opportunities out there.
    Not much room for growth for advancement.
    Very rigid work schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementPC Mall needs to train new employees better, they need to be more flexible with their employees, and they need to compensate and promote within to keep and retain their current employees before they look elsewhere.

Good place to get your feet wet... that's about it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe experienced gained, stay long enough and you might get a couple good accounts form people who leave. Easy to make money on SPIFFS because they are so desperate for deals they will let you undercut the competition.

ConsWhere to begin, management style is terrible, spend more time reviewing the numbers you called than actually managing a sales team. You have to double check every paycheck to make sure they did not short you on some money. You pay for all of your benefits the company treats you like you are totally expendable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry taking a Management 101 course and learning how to properly manage a team so they don't hate you and do the bare minimum just to keep you off their back until they find something new.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosdecent pay decent opportunity.free lunches on some days

ConsSuccess highly dependent on your manager and the quality of your sales territory
    hard work not appreciated.

Advice to Senior Managementstop hiring managers that have no IT experience,and placing them with new recruits
    let new recruits develop a client base,before placing them

Good but more bad

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsYou can learn many different types of business's at PCMall. Retail, Government, Education, SMB, Enterprise. A few good managers. New building is nice

ConsNo true leadership, too many executives that have different views on the goals of the company. What they say is different than what they do. Pay scale is much less than competition. They will never support you leaving to advance your career.

great place to cut teeth in sales

Account Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosvendors give out awesome stuff, vendors will bring in food @ times, and you can learn a lot.

Conscall centre environment -- this should be an IT sales role ... not dial and dump

Advice to Senior Managementlet go of the call centre mentalitity

its time to leave

Sales Support (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

Prosindustry contacts; build a great network with manufacturers and customers from all kinds of industries
    opportunities; if you want to take on responsibility, you will get it, and learn a lot.

Consa few good managers and VPs, but for the most part the executive staff is horrible
    no work life balance, whatever benefit came from the job is slowly being weeded out--with no increase in pay to offset it
    training does not exist, if you are not a self starter, you will fail
    culture does not breed happy employees, teamwork, or motivation
    salary is below industry averages; "raises" are below the rate of inflation
    the company is a cancer that eats your morale and turns you into a jaded version of your former self

Advice to Senior Managementtop companies appreciate their employees, stop acting like yours are indebted to you because you give them a paycheck.

Please Stay Away, Take This Review To Heart!

Pros-freebies, win free prizes in contests
    -location downtown
    -days off
    -career fair, if you go please ask questions!

Cons-The pay is horrible, your first year is under $30K despite what they say.
    -the goals change every week, no true guidance.
    -they want you to stay late but there is no point
    -training class is a joke, you don't learn a thing, they just throw you out on the floor in a few weeks
    Trust me, I got stuck here, take this review to heart, I wasted a year of my life!

Advice to Senior Management-Please get on track, when you have VP's leave and a CEO change then you no your having problems.
    -Stop micromanaging
    -have constant goals, our focus shouldn't change every week!

Account Executive

Account Executive (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsThey have great venues & lunch-in-learns

ConsPC Mall's infrastructure is completely broken.
    The company has a motto & that is grab the Low Hanging Fruit & if there is time for the other fruit we will see.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company in the last 6 months has seen ALL but the owner abandon SHIP!!

average company to work for

Account Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood Location, in downtown Chicago

ConsInternal systems affect your business
    Their commission structure is not good
    Lack On Site Resources
    Hight Level of Micro Management
    Spreadsheets, more spreadsheets

Advice to Senior Managementrethink what you are doing and pat someone on the back when they do a good job. stop telling employees what they are doing wrong without helping them with a solution that could solve it. change.

Worked for PCM? Contribute to the Community!