PCMS Reviews

Reset
2.9
PCMS Managing Director Richard Smith
Richard Smith

1. Small business feel, for now.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Springdale, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Springdale, OH

Pros

The people there are tight knit and are able to pull together well when it's necessary. I would say that there might not be a better, smarter set of co-workers in any company nearby. The management hierarchy is rather flat, and this makes for an egalitarian feel about the office.

Cons

As this company grows, it is beginning to adopt corporate policies that might threaten the small company feel that differentiates it from other companies. While technically a multinational, its branches tend to have low levels of interaction among themselves.

Advice to Management

Don't make this company resemble other large corporate businesses. The most talented members of your organization work for you chiefly because you are not calcified into inaction by policy and process.

2. Call Centre - the worst company I was working in

Former Employee - ICT Engineer in Coventry, England (UK)
    Former Employee - ICT Engineer in Coventry, England (UK)

I worked at PCMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing I can remember from my employment there was that, I had a job for almost a year because I was good in that what I was doing there.

Cons

Wages - heh, lowest possible, total mess around, managers, team leaders are acting like gods. Make something wrong = you are gone tomorrow or within an hour. Huge staff rotation - very bad for the business. Working via agency - example: I refused contract after few months (I've told them that I am waiting for answer from IT Dep. - vacancy withIN this company) = I had finnished the day, went home and after 1h I left agency was calling "because of reorganisation of call centre I don't have to come to work next day"

Advice to Management

N/A

Archaic approach to employment.

I worked at PCMS full-time

Pros

Some talented individuals to learn from, with some stand out individuals. Agile works.

Cons

Employees aren't treated like adults and are untrusted. Absolute zero flexible working. Building / decor are disgusting.

Advice to Management

Look at modern working practices and employ a HR / Mgt team that treat people like adult's and not children !

5. Dreadful

Pros

Some nice people and that's it. A massive 'Pro' was finally getting out into the modern world.

Cons

Dreadful, stagnant and outdated management Laughably bad working environment Shocking levels of direction from senior staff Possibly the most inept and useless HR team in modern business. Completely outdated on every single level - product and services are comical. Stagnant senior leadera that have literally rotted into the company. The buildings is knackered.

Advice to Management

Retire. Play Golf. Go on holiday. Do anything except run a business in the 21st century

6. Good Retail solutions product company

Pros

Good work culture, lot of different clients.

Cons

not any thing as such.

A timewarp....

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Coventry, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Coventry, England (UK)

I worked at PCMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some very good and highly talented people.

Cons

- Everyone works in silos, with so many " NO-NO"s being commited on a daily basis - No knowledge sharing; "Superman Syndrome" is rampant here - so if a person leaves the rest of the team are completely in the dark until management desperately run around trying to find a contractor to plug a gap. - Senior Management seem to be stuck in an early 1990's working methodology, with very little idea of how modern Technical Concerns are run. Modern, recognised management practices are unheard of - as a result, chaos is the norm. - Because of the above the points above they consistently lurch from one disaster to the next with firefighting very much a way of life. -Massive "old boys" club which disaffects new staff. Much of the staff have been there for over 15 years which means that being effective in your role relates to how many times you've had senior members of staff over to dinner. Nothing seems to be based on talent. - The building is literally falling apart. - HR Policies are completely archaic and are not in tune with the people. As an organisation they are outdated, outnumbered and outgunned by more modern and dynamic organisations.

Advice to Management

Modernise everything.

8. Troubled by a poor HR department/practices.

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Coventry, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Coventry, England (UK)

I have been working at PCMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Varied job role on the service desk, with always plenty of different customers to support. If you can handle it then you will learn a lot, but don't expect any real assistance from the company. Due to under-staffing issues, job security is high. I would recommend this company to a friend, but only if they were currently unemployed.

Cons

Service desk staff are generally underpaid, especially since it feels like we support a lot of the company's revenue. The service desk is also under-staffed, due to retention and recruitment issues (possibly caused by the poor compensation). Knowledge keeps walking out of these doors, mostly due to dissatisfaction with compensation. Most employees treat this as a stop-gap job until they can find a better wage elsewhere. Knowledge is very rarely effectively shared, and the lack of proper training results in new recruits taking a long time to get a handle on what is a very varied job role. The HR team are mostly non-existent, and discussions of personal improvement or of a further career are few and far between.

Advice to Management

Higher staffing levels might allow better knowledge management since the people with the knowledge will have more time to share it. A more formalised training procedure would allow for better new recruits more often. Better pay might stop people leaving.

9. Regular programming job

Current Employee - Java Developer in Coventry, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Coventry, England (UK)

I have been working at PCMS full-time

Pros

Job security, high level of professionalism.

Cons

No benefits. Although, self improvement is rewarded, it is not a company policy to help.

mixed

Pros

Work here if you want to have great co-workers who really care about doing a great job in software development and IT consulting.

Cons

Downsides to working at PCMS include micromanagement and bad communication from senior management, in addition to repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

very good

Current Employee - Call Centre Advisor in Coventry, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Call Centre Advisor in Coventry, England (UK)

Pros

flexibility , adaptability, innovative, teamwork, employee engagement

Cons

long hours, low pay, lack of trust, unstructured shift,

Advice to Management

improve adaptiveness

RSS Feed </> Embed