PCN Strategies

Not yet rated.

Mike Rosinbum

Work Hard, Play Hard

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsPCN Strategies is full of opportunities. They give you the tools to become successful. Most of their clients are fortune 500 companies, and know exactly what they want in a future employee and PCN strategies always delivers that ideal candidate to them.

Most of the positions we work on are higher management roles (Managers, Director, VP, CXO) so it is exciting to be able to know that your candidate will be influencing another company so much, which is a motivator to stay late and close that deal!

On the business development side of things they have a great approach and know how and what to say to clients to earn their business. Their guarantees are one of the best in the industry, which is why so many clients are drawn to them.

The structure of the company is great. Upper management knows what they want out of each and every employee and expects them to work hard. They reward their employees with salary reviews, bonus', and more responsibilities. It's nice to know hard work does pay off.

ConsBecause of the industry, if you aren't closing deals then a rival company is. Typical hours are 8am-6pm (M, T, Th, F) and 8am-8:30pm (W). However no one ever leaves at 6, and working weekends is possibility as well. So you must be able to stay motivated and put in the work.

PCN

Junior Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFemale owned IT consulting firm.

ConsNo cultural or employee diversity on the associate or management level.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Ask former employees what they think ...

Talent Acquisitions Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThey are good with trying to attract business and have a lax dress code.

ConsForget about having a personal life as you are expected to work 50- 60 hour weeks. They are not honest about the expectations and work their people to the bare bones. The environment can be challenging and not a super professional environment. If you want a clear picture just ask any former employee what they think.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop threatening to fire your employees every other day and try to build healthy relationships with your staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing and Thriving Place To Work!

(Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsIf you believe in yourself and are willing to work hard this is a great place to work given the unlimited earnings potential in filling our orders. You are paid a Guaranteed Base Salary + Commissions and given achievable and realistic quotas. Management recognizes employees that produce with Salary increases not just a pat on the back and plaque with your name on it. You are typically given a review for a Salary increase here every six months and if you reach your initial 90 day quota, you are given a salary increase.

This has happened consistently within our organization and there is never a shortage of orders to work on. 80% of our orders are very complex Direct Hire IT openings and 20% are complex Long-Term Contract IT roles that can go for 3-7yrs.

Every Recruiter is given a LinkedIn Recruiter Account to search for passive candidates and post positions. Each Recruiter can post up to 10 positions each on: LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, and Indeed.com.

Management recognizes the challenges these roles can pose to the success of the recruiters so they spare no expense in ensuring your success.

Feel free to check each of these sites and you'll see for yourself that we have real openings that management is spending what I can only imagine is a fortune to properly promote within the national IT Marketplace.

We're also able to search for candidates on each of these databases including Monster.com but we only have 3 postings there given the lack of responses we've gotten in the past posting with them.

Recruiting Meetings are usually done daily to ensure every recruiter is on the right path regarding their search.

The bottom line with this firm is: You're paid a Guaranteed Base Salary + Commissions ; You're given All the tools necessary to identify the best candidates for all our openings; and you're rewarded with actual salary increases when you reach your quotas each and every-time no questions asked!

ConsIT Executive search is tough work. Our clients are usually large publicly traded companies so their expectations are high. Most of the roles are very complex Hybrid roles that require 3-4 individual specialties. The candidates our clients are looking for are 99.9% of the time passive candidates that won't apply to our ads so you've got to spend alot of time looking for them through good old fashion cold calling into companies and/or using the Social Media Recruiting Resources this company provides to find these candidates. Because of the difficulty in filling these roles our clients turn to us so we are typically getting an order that is usually 45+ days old minimum.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly Hire Recruiters and Sales Staff With IT Staffing and/or Executive Recruiting/Sales Experience with a Proven Track Record Of Success.

PCN taught me everything I needed to become successful

Account Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsFantastic management
    Great upward mobility
    Fantastic incentives, uncapped commission; you get back exactly what you put in.

I began working for PCN right after college. They brought me in and taught me how to recruit and develop lasting relationships with candidates, companies and government clients. I was promoted to Account Manager in less than 1 year, and I quickly became responsible for developing and managing new accounts. Upper Management was always helpful, and never left me feeling like I was lost or helpless. I set goals for myself, and was rewarded for my successes far more than any large company would have. PCN enabled me to realize my goal of developing and taking ownership of a brand new line of business, which was extremely rewarding. I still to this day keep in touch with all of my former colleagues at PCN. 3 years after graduating, I'm making far more money than 95% of my friends, and I couldn't say that without my professional development at PCN.

ConsPCN is a fantastic company for anyone who wants work hard and be rewarded for your achievements. With that being said, for internal operations, recruiting and account management, this is not a 9 to 5 type environment. If you're looking for a clock watching, cushy job where you can skate by, go work somewhere else. PCN expects you to work hard, and achieve results. If you work hard and focus on helping the company, PCN will give back far more than you put in.

PCN is a challenging environment, and they work on challenging positions for very particular high-level clients. This takes a qualitative approach to recruiting and understanding client needs beyond just the technologies on paper. PCN invests in all the best tools the industry has to offer, but expects to deliver only the best candidates. Working at PCN is not a numbers game where you throw 100 candidates at the wall to see what sticks, which can prove difficult for some non-quality focused recruiters.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing and re-investing in the company and the employees.

I wish I would have known before I accepted ....

Talent Acquisitions Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe manager there gives you a crash course in IT training ..

ConsThere is no work life balance. You are required to work until 8:30pm on Wednesday and 6pm M-T-Th- Friday. You are also "not allowed" to go home if you have not found a certain number of candidates before the end of the day and if you do leave a bit after 6 management will and have question your personal life priorities. When I started the company I was told lies about almost everything ( I can verify) such as the volume , quality , type of work and clients they support, management also motivates by telling the staff that they will be fired every other day if they do not produce candidates for stale job orders. There are a lot of "integrity" issues and if you are considering working here just follow up with previous employees on LinkedIn as there is high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the truth to a new employee and find out how they are motivated. Not everyone responds to threats and harsh emails ofter legitimate work hours. Offer a nurturing and supportive environment and you will get the results you are seeking.

Worked for PCN Strategies? Contribute to the Community!