PCS-CTS

Updated November 6, 2014
Updated November 6, 2014
1.9

Richard Van Deventer

Most peers were very personable even among a diversity of backgrounds and heritage, we managed to find common ground.

Former Employee - Technical Support III in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support III in Houston, TX

I worked at PCS-CTS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedules depending on your job function of course. Team oriented environment, where management and peers were very approachable which made lateral cross training and sharing of information to increase your personal knowledge base easy.

Cons

Depending on which job function you have your position could be eliminated once the client cancels the contract. PCS-CTS offers managed support services as well as functioning as a repair depot just to name a few offerings.

Instead of offering the lowest pay rates in the industry, try being a little more competitive with market salaries. Take in consideration that the benefits you offer are subpar as well. Open up your management positions to more diversity and not focus so heavily on appealing to your Vietnamese employees. This mindset directly reflects on your ability to deliver ITIL standards and SLA (Service Level Agreement) requirements of your client.

Good ole boy network - if you're not of one ethnicity, you're not going to be accepted or employed here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PCS-CTS full-time

Pros

Work balance - doesn't exist
    No perks
    Nothing to consider

Cons

Prejudice leadership; do not embrace change; and good old boy culture

Don't listen so doesn't matter

Stress, Work, Stress

Former Employee - Technician/Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technician/Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at PCS-CTS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and Benefits are decent.
    There seem to be a department or two that was managed well and overall the employees seemed happy.

Cons

The technicians are worked like a sweat shop in an asian country.
    The client (apple) is unbearable and contradictory.

Ok in a pinch

I worked at PCS-CTS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent salary based on work output, so how much you make depends on HOW WELL YOU DO. Required 5-minute breaks. Diverse culture population.

Cons

Very little opportunity for growth, but not impossible. Pay is dependent on work! Decent amount of stress. You might feel left out sometimes. You are there when they need you until you finish your work.

Challenging

Former Employee - Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at PCS-CTS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity to learn and gain skills to advance your career.

Cons

First and foremost, if you are an hourly employee or one that is paid by the piece, you do not matter to management in the grand scheme of things. Not long after starting I discovered that the company was riddled with corruption. However, the owners did work at ridding the company of those problems. Career advancement at this company is very difficult because of the political nature and nepotism. Most employees here are contract with no benefits whatsoever. The benefits that the company promotes are for direct employees only. The only way to be promoted at this company is if you have a manager that supports you; and walking on water helps. Communication is horrible, because they do not require employees to speak or read English. This is a real problem when it comes to quality as the employees cannot read procedures or documentation. They have to be shown what to do and everything has to be translated.

If you want to increase quality and production, require that all employees read and speak English. You are shooting yourself in the foot if you don't. Yes, you may have to pay a little more, but the benefits of English literacy will be evident. Recognize employees that contribute and work hard as this will help to change all of the negative attitudes towards this company. The only opinion I have of the CEO is that he is disconnected from what is going on. He needs to pull employees in and find out how things are going without any retribution. This can be done in an anonymous fashion.

Don't work there!!

I worked at PCS-CTS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I must enter at least 5 word for Pros... but Really there's no Pros.

Cons

Political... Political.... They don't know how to managed.. no system(Not even ERP).. No one able to get raw data report except engineering team.... If want to get report or any information.. I need to kiss a** them.. work is work.. but they don't know what that is...
    Operation V.P yelled to every one almost every morning meeting....

Not a place for long term career path

I worked at PCS-CTS

Pros

Can learn a lot of new skills

Cons

Senior management is disconnected with the core teams; direct labor acts as union even though they aren't, not a good place for those who want to work in culturally diverse atmosphere or for those who want to drive for change

Need to hire more skilled direct labor and require them to speak, read and write English, enforce boundaries on the customer and not let the customer dictate the day to day operations and people management of the business

Not a Career Place to Work

Former Employee - Apple Repair Tech in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Apple Repair Tech in Houston, TX

I worked at PCS-CTS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only positive to working here is that it is experience you can put on a resume. Though the skills you learn are not readily transferrable (depending on the department you work in), it does expose you to a technical field if that is what you are looking to get in to. I worked in the Apple department, and since all of Apple's repairs are done in depots similar to this one you are unlikely to repair an Apple product outside of one.

Cons

I'm writing from the perspective of an Apple Repair Tech and all my feedback is representative of a person in that position. The biggest drawback for this job is the compensation. I was originally hired on as hourly for a reasonable rate. About a month into my employment everyone was switched to piece-rate (meaning you get paid per unit you repair). In my opinion the pay per unit was insulting and I only continued working there until I found a better job. Management continues to tack on more and more administrative duties to the techs that have nothing to do with repairing computers and pay nothing for it. At the end of the day the excessive amount of non-computer related work impedes good technicians from doing the job they were hired to do.

Treat your employees with dignity, pay them better, and stop treating the technicians like a one-stop labor shop.

Computer Tech

I worked at PCS-CTS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to start building experience

Cons

I worked here for about two years, stayed in the top five techs and they fired me over a miscommunication with management then told unemployment I quit.

No communication

A little tough.

I have been working at PCS-CTS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company atmosphere, access up the ladder from time to time.

Cons

Politics. Fingerpointing. Everyone cringes when certain Director levels enter a meeting because they introduce misinformation, encourage finger-pointing and rarely know what they are talking about (while giving direct orders).

Some bad apples (in management) are ruining the barrel and preventing recovery/efficient business. You should take action.