PCS Mobile Solutions

Updated August 29, 2014
Updated August 29, 2014
3.3

Saad Nadhir

Very unorganized bzut great place to work.

I worked at PCS Mobile Solutions

Pros

Travel, fun atmosphere good people and fun toys to work in..

Cons

Communication and unorganized. Management threw installers under the bus instead of backing them. Don't expect employees to sit on reimbursement of expenses for long periods.

Communicate with your employees and take blame for misdirection when it's ypu. Accountability is everything. Also offer training in new products.

Greedy Company who does not treat their employees well.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfield, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfield, OH

I have been working at PCS Mobile Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Slow work environment, a lot of their stores are terrible on traffic and you will be able to sit in the back room and do whatever you like.

Cons

- Management asks employees to lie, for example I have been asked to lie to a customer and tell them they have to have a home phone, they have to trade in their old phone, they have to buy a case. Also a policy that really bothers me is that managers would ask sales reps to see if the customer would liek a case for their phone and if they say No then we tell them the phone is out of stock.

Quit focusing on overpriced car chargers and screen protectors. People are not going to pay $40 for a car charger if they have any common sense and can get it for $5. Give your lower traffic store reps higher commisions per box. I worked at the Fairfield store which has absolutely terrible traffic, and consistently met my goals EXCEPT for accessory $ per box and that is why I was fired.

Horrible Company!

Former Employee - Location Manager
    Former Employee - Location Manager

I worked at PCS Mobile Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I had no positives except for the staff I worked with before the tried naming me threatened everyone.

Cons

Company is always changing never any consistency. You never know how yourself or the replace paid. I worked there 8 months as a store manager. Company has barely
    Aby staff because everyone quits never ending hiring process because they fire you for being red in one area even if your doing great in everything else. Backwards thinking. You don't get breaks because most stores are understaffed.

Treat your people better! Change your stupid PIP reports and threats! Value your employees and they will work harder and be happier!

Fun place to work

I worked at PCS Mobile Solutions

Pros

good phone buying program for working for sprint

Cons

stick to posted hours on door

Solid Company to Work For

Current Employee - Store Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PCS Mobile Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Defintiely a performance driven company - which suits me well. We are one of the top ranked Sprint delaerships every month. I am competitive so this job really fits me well.

I worked for just an hourly paycheck before coming here, but did the sames things - upsold to customers, gave great customer service. Now instead of just hourly I get $400-$500 in commission each month.

The leadership is solid - really good people that make you feel connected to the business and not just a number.

Very buttoned up in Operations. Rarely have any issues and when i do they are taken care of very quickly.

They also promote from within frequently - many of the managers in my market were once sales reps. Usually takes about a year for a good rep to move up.

Cons

Benefits are good but not cheap.
    Sprint service can be a challenge.
    Lots of performance metrics to meet - can be overwhelming.

Keep growing so that sales reps who want to become managers have stores to grow into.

Don't do it! Much better companies out there!

Former Employee - Phone Sales and Repair in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Phone Sales and Repair in Naples, FL

I worked at PCS Mobile Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Base pay plus commission, relaxed dress code, mostly good people to work with.

Cons

PCS Mobile Solutions is a Sprint indirect dealer. Good in that you don't get hounded by all the Corporate reps but bad because the technology and inventory in the stores is sub-par. Also your commission is held 60 days to go through corporate and PCS to allow for deactivations and charge-backs. The wost part is dealing with CSAT surveys. Customer Satisfaction surveys that a lot of customers get in the form of an automated call after visiting an indirect or corporate store and purchased a device or got a repair done. The survey asks for a rating of 1-5, 1 being very dissatisfied and 5 being very satisfied. If at least 75 percent of all your personal sales or repairs aren't rated at "very satisfied", Sprint will take away up to one third of your commission. So for example, if a customer had to wait an extra 10 minutes in the store, he may feel he was only satisfied and will rate you that way. the other question on the survey is "Ready Now". that involves the rep setting up the customer's phone, transferring contacts, etc. If he or she doe's not understand what Ready Now is and answers NO to this question, that will also get you hit for a pay deduction.
    The commissions are a flate rate. $7 for a new line and $4 for upgrades. So you have to sell a hell of a lot of phones to break even an $800 commission check, and thats if you pass your CSAT score.
    The base pay, which is usually your main income, is between $10 and $12 per hour, and overtime is frowned upon unless the store is short staffed.

Offer better training for sales, service, and repair to equip your employees!
    Sprint, stop robbing your employees hard earned pay for things they do not have complete control over and you will have more happy and productive workers!

Greedy, Cheap, and Poor Upper Management

Current Employee - Repair Technician in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Repair Technician in Brandon, FL

I have been working at PCS Mobile Solutions

Pros

It's a Sprint Franchise. The benefits are good, but expensive. Other than that there's really not much to say here other than you would be way better off working for Sprint Corporate if you can. It's better money and benefits.

Cons

Upper Management is short-sighted, believes people are nothing more than a sales machine, and is not willing to invest money into their business. They are constantly looking for ways to cut corners and save on costs. They care more about what shows up on paper than the customer or employee. Medical and dental are good, but very expensive. Close to $200 a month deducted from your paycheck. Only 1 week paid vacation to start and you cannot take it from November to January.

Treat your employees with respect and give them the pay and benefits they deserve. Who knows, you might end up retaining quality employees.

Great, Growing Company with good benefits and small enough to know the boss.

I have been working at PCS Mobile Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, great commissions, growing company, paid training, advancement potential, 401K, paid vacations, personal days, employee phone plans, discounts, medical dental and vision insurance.

This is a Sprint Preferred Retailer this is one of the top dealers for Sprint. They try to be the best place to work and for a small company they do a great job. They offer flexible schedules, lots of training, good pay, and are easy to work with. Like any sales job they hold you to goals and expectations but that is what makes great sales people.

Management is open to discussing anything and everyone's door is always open. You may not understand or like why something is or gets changed but you can always talk it out with someone in management who will listen. Sometimes it even results in change, imagine that!

Cons

Family insurance cost is too high but at least they offer it.

Offer better family insurance it will help get better talent.