PCT International Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Steve Youtsey

1. I gained valuable experience working here that I was able to apply in my career!

Former Employee - Sales/Product Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales/Product Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at PCT International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a high energy place that can change directions in a moments notice. Some may say this is a bad thing, but for me I think it shows the companies willingness to go after the market and be flexible enough to say they need to change when the going gets tough. This company will allow you all of the opportunities that you are looking for but you have to be willing to speak up and take what you want. If you are not a mover and a shaker then this place isn't for you. Decisions are made through collaboration for the most part and not just top down decisions. This job allowed me to travel the world and gave me excellent experience in manufacturing, engineering and sales operations. I would recommend this company to anyone that is able to stand their ground and become a leader in this organization.

Cons

Very fluid roles within the company that change too frequently. This is the downside but in reality, it's great because you can be your own person that can take on any project that you feel your skill set can be used to improve operations.

Advice to Management

Need to focus on improving the work experience for non manager employees.

2. PCT is an outstanding company to work for

Pros

PCT is an industry leading company that produces world class products and my experience has been nothing but positive. The company puts its focus on producing high quality products, while remaining dedicated to the customer and providing the best service possible. Unlike other growing companies, PCT has maintained its reputation as a company that treats its employees like family. From a professional growth standpoint, PCT believes in keeping top talent and giving them every opportunity to succeed and grow.

Cons

The only cons of working here could easily be told as pros, in that the company is growing and with that comes growing pains. That being said, this also means the company is succeeding, making it a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue on the track you are on and continue to allow people to develop professionally as you do.

3. This is a high energy, innovative,and exciting place to work with a family/team culture with a focus on success.

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

Pros

A company that has a team culture and awards individual efforts that help accomplish company goals.Focused on bringing innovative concepts and quality products to the telecommunications community.

Cons

A very young company that has to deal with issues that are associated with growth and a very competitive market place.

Advice to Management

Communication tops down and bottom up keeps everyone engaged. This also promotes good team moral.

5. I love working here, awesome co-workers and a wonderful opportunity to grow and learn new skills.

Current Employee - Clerical in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Clerical in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at PCT International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every day is an adventure! I work with several departments and enjoy being able to assist in many ways.

Cons

I have not been working here long enough to comment on this matter.

Advice to Management

Keep listening, keep improving and follow through with great ideas!

Beware!!! Worse place I have ever worked. Overworked, underpaid and unappreciated.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Could write a novel on all the cons.

Advice to Management

Get a clue! Learn how to run a company and be a team.

7. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Pros

Friendly co-workers, everyone works as a team. Input is valued and taken into account on all aspects of the business by management. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed by the CEO and upper management. Overall, a fun and fast paced company to work for.

Cons

Job crossover - but this has it's pros as well since it allows you to learn and understand other job functions within the company.

8. Fun place to work and learn

Current Employee - Vice President Business Unit in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Vice President Business Unit in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at PCT International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

15 years ago on a Thanksgiving, I arrived in Phoenix, Arizona, to start work as a lowly assistant to both marketing and engineering. Today, even as a minority, I have dual roles as one of the members of the corporate management team as well as VP of a business unit. If a company can give degrees, I would say that I have earned a masters and possibly a PHD....so thank you, PCT for allowing us to learn as well as express ourselves.

Cons

not many that I can think of - sometimes need to work longer hours or on weekends, but who doesn't???

Stay away!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

I worked at PCT International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good friendly people work at PCT.

Cons

This company is a hot mess. The CEO doesn't have a clue and makes rash decisions on most everything. You do not want to complain about how things are run in this company or you will be out the door. Business decisions are made on the spur of the moment and not fully analyzed to make sure they make good business sense. I witnessed last minute projects being demanded out of their employees and after then are done or about done, the CEO changed the whole scope of the project or completely scrapped it all together. It's not fair to the company or the employees. This is mainly due to a lack of communication and involving all the various teams to provide a good solution. The CEO needs to be more humble and realize that other people have good talents, skills, experience and good ideas also.

Advice to Management

Have some respect for your employees and take some advice from the talented people you hire and work together to make PCT profitable. Perhaps then you wouldn't have to have so many rounds of layoffs and such a revolving door.

Small, family and friends driven company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

Competitive benefits. If you do not like structure, this is the place do be.

Cons

Management team is unseasoned and disorganized. No efforts to coordinate activities. Hires many family members and friends.

Advice to Management

Work as a team. Management needs to respect the employee's customer and business space.

Could Be a Good Place to Work

Pros

Generally good quality product offerings. Fair benefits given relatively small size. Work environment palatial and state of the art.

Cons

Non-existent communications top/down. Senior management conducts business by seat of the pants with no long term planning. 2nd in command megalomaniacal and unconnected with peers and subordinates. CEO has long history of hiring-bleeding-firing mid and upper management. Nepotism is rampant.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to do their job efficiently and intelligently.

RSS Feed </> Embed