PDSI

Updated May 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ralph Engelberger

One of the best companies I've ever worked for!

Project Accountant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat environment; small office, but several locations throughout the US. Loved that the company devoted time to community service. Flexibility and great people to work with.

ConsWished I was able to work full-time. I did not want to leave! Only a part-time position and no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO continue the culture that you created! Not a lot of places and managers like you. Passionate about the organization and giving back and treating employees very well. That goes a long way building loyal and productive, happy employees.

No official training process, and required to do two full job descriptions for the price of one.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHealthy salary, with satisfactory benefits.

ConsNo actual training process.
    Employee/company manual is a joke- horribly out of date in parts, constantly being rewritten, under draft, disorganized, incomplete, relatively useless.
    Questions are encouraged, but then criticized and frowned upon when asked.
    Help is offered by coworkers, but then counted as tallies against you.
    Based in Atlanta, where their office culture thrives on petty gossip and backstabbing, which bleeds into the rest of the company.
    Company leadership organization is very ephemeral and it is difficult to orient oneself with respect to who does what.
    Projects involve teams that are comprised of members from different offices across the country, overly-complicating processes and making communication a mess for all but the most adept (of which there are few).
    Contractual job descriptions for your salary are thrown away from week one, and you are required to perform, not just tasks and responsibilities of other job descriptions, but in fact entirely different contractual roles in addition to your own; two for one deal on their part.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out peoples roles and responsibilities and stick to them. Consolidate and better organize projects between offices. Pay an outside party or some expert to create a functioning, complete manual. Keep people within the limits of their contracted roles/job descriptions. Create and implement an actual training process and period for that process with concrete expectations and mile markers.

A Unique Company

Bookkeeper (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsThe owners are kind, understanding, compassionate, and very generous.

ConsManagement doesn't care how you do things. He/She just wants to get things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not be too trusting.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

review

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGood health care and relax

Consjust sold to kronos inc

PDSI has a fantastic team and great leadership.

IT Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe teamwork at PDSI is unlike any company I have ever worked for. Everyone is helpful, polite and we have fun while working hard. Our healthcare coverage is paid for by the company and the rest of the benefits are very good. The owners and management are all great people. I would feel comfortable talking to them about any ideas or concerns I might have. PDSI is also a great corporate citizen. We have done several community service projects including Habitat for Humanity, Rebuilding Together Atlanta, Samaritan's Purse and Hands on Orlando. Each year we are allotted a generous amount of money to build our career skills. We can use it to take classes or attend conferences in subjects that we feel would help further us in our careers. It is the best company I have ever worked for. PDSI has a fantastic team and great leadership.

ConsFrom my perspective there are no downsides.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

PDSI - We Build Success

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThis company is very well organized. They care about their customers and employees. They are constantly looking for ways to improve their services and their employees abilities. They give back to the community, through regularly scheduled work days with local charities. They promote a caring attitude.

ConsThe only downside is that because we are a management company that represents the owners of the hotels projects that are being renovated, serving as the coordinator betwen owners - contractors, designers - architects - purchasing agents and operations (property management) we sometimes are "stuck in the middle" waiting on someone outside of our company, to give us the information we need, to continue or complete our job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, continue to knock on new doors and expand our customer base. Keep the communication flowing. I believe it's educational and an encouragement for all to hear what's going on within the company.

Worked for PDSI? Contribute to the Community!