PEPID Medical Information Resources

3.3

Mark Rosenbloom

Great work environment

I worked at PEPID Medical Information Resources full-time

Pros

Fun place to work, good coworkers/staff events (we watched the world cup with hot dogs), wide variety of assigned projects kept it interesting

Cons

Not enough reserved parking spaces

A Friendly Environment

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PEPID Medical Information Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for PEPID for several years now and have nothing but good things to say. The environment is friendly and fun. Great new offices in central Phoenix with a lot of little perks (free candy, water, covered parking). As others have said, there are frequent company lunches and giveaways of tickets that make it more than just a job. Benefits and hours are good. Plenty of potential to become a vital person in the company and move up from where you are. I would highly recommend this company.

Cons

Not necessarily a negative, but it is a very driven work environment. People who expect to come in and hide from responsibilities or work will not enjoy a position here. However, if you are looking for a place that appreciates and rewards you for your work, then this is it!

Don't fret about a few bad employees. Those of us who have been here for a while know that the company is in good hands. There are groups of people that have been with you for 8+ years and everyone is positive about what PEPID does.

Excellent internship! An overall tremendous company to work for!

Current Employee - Intern  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PEPID Medical Information Resources as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Working at PEPID over the past few years has been great. This job has provided abundant opportunity for personal and professional development. At most companies, office life is monotonous and draining. At PEPID, it is truly like being part of a family. From the President of the company down to the other interns, everyone is very friendly! Hard work is definitely rewarded with quality pay and, very often, employees are given free lunch or even free tickets to a ballgame.

Cons

I can't really speak to any serious shortcomings of PEPID. If you are also willing to work hard to help the company achieve success, you shouldn't experience any cons either. If you are up to the challenge of providing a quality work output, PEPID is the place for you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lucky to be here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

It's a Medical Technology company so it's great to be here and for my future. They give 23 paid days off a year ! it seems once or twice a week they're serving free lunches. We have unlimited free cold bottled water , fresh fruit everyday, snacks ( chocolate, peanuts, jelly bellies) and they give away a lot of tickets (D"backs, Cardinals , etc) They just put a new air hockey table and Wii in the break room! In my experience they are a very friendly staff. Christmas season is unlike anywhere I've worked. I've gotten regular raises and I've learned a lot. The president of the company welcomes your input, I've had many chats with him.

Cons

I don 't know if it's a con but they are a very dedicated staff and expect quality work. They provide a high quality product but you need to know they expect that level of performance from you.

Keep it up. I know how dedicated the management is. It's a small company ( about 40 employees) but many have been here 7-10 years. I think that says it all.

Enjoyable Atmosphere

Former Employee - Editorial  in  Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Editorial in Evanston, IL

I worked at PEPID Medical Information Resources as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. I worked in a temporary position. The management was upbeat and complimentary of my work. I would love to work for them again in the future.

Cons

The only con is that I work remotely. I would have loved to work directly with the staff in the office.

Keep up the great work! You really know how to treat your employees! I'm thankful for the opportunity to work for you!

Just awful

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PEPID Medical Information Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Entry level position in medical software field. Small company so you are involved in quite a bit.

Cons

The product is mediocre to bad and the market has been changed as EMR and EHRs integrate the information that subscribers want. The technology and medical team aren't strong enough to compete with the big names in the industry and while there should be potential, the leadership team drops the ball and runs the company like it's a textbook company instead of a software firm. Focus is on the wrong areas for development and the company over promises and under delivers to its clients which leads to a poor reputation. To finish it off, the work environment is terrible with team members getting mistreated by managers and everyone is seemingly afraid of the president who uses the company as his own personal piggy bank. My advice is to stay away but if you take the job, learn what you can and transition out as soon as possible to a more reputable firm.

Spend more money on developing the best product on the market and less on the fluff for upper management

Poor management and leadership

Former Employee - Marketig  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketig in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PEPID Medical Information Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

employees were nice, decent benefits

Cons

Poor leadership, lack of trust in employees and foresight. Lot's of "promises" never kept. Very high turnover

Empower employees, stop spying and fostering a culture of distrust. Hire a CEO who can lead not "rule"

Warning, company has no moral compass

Former Employee - Digital Marketer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Digital Marketer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PEPID Medical Information Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food weekly, CTO and Director of Marketing are good peeps, decent health insurance

Cons

They will tell you ANYTHING to get you hired and have no qualms about lying verbally and in writing to get you on board. They refused to pay me the compensation plan in my offer letter for 8 months before I left. I was forced to help write their medical content and I am not qualified to do this. Very high turnover for a small company, in six months I saw over 50% of the staff turn over. No 401k, run down office. Not financially stable, Amex card is constantly getting declined, payroll lag is 45 - 60 days, serious cash flow problems.

Be honest about what you can pay people, add some decent benefits and move to a new office

Don't expect commissions

Former Employee - Sales  in  Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Evanston, IL

I worked at PEPID Medical Information Resources

Pros

It was a job but not much more.

Cons

So many things. Mostly it was not receiving commissions or even statements. Management was sometimes bizarre, mostly not in the office. The President was a charmer but unwilling to manage - he "ruled" and did it poorly.

If you would only treat employees properly, pay what you owe them it would have been a great job but instead was difficult in the best situations.

Do not work for this company

Former Employee - Account Executive PEPID LLC  in  Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive PEPID LLC in Evanston, IL

I worked at PEPID Medical Information Resources

Pros

You are able to rack up quite a few frequent flyer miles. Be sure to sign up for all airline and hotel programs.

Cons

They run through employees very quickly. Don't expect to work there for more than a few months. They don't pay the sales force. They owe me money and I know of others who were not paid as agreed. They string you along for a while and when you demand to be paid, they fire you. I'm surprised they are even still in business. They will say that posts are from disgruntled employees just looking to get even. Call the Illinois Department of Labor for yourself. Ask about unpaid wage claims, founded and unfounded. They'll be happy to tell you about Pepid.

Pay your employees. Then maybe you wouldn't have to send your lawyer to the Illinois Department of Labor every other week to answer another claim of unpaid wages. If you pay employees what they are owed, you wouldn't have a revolving door of hiring and firing new people. They might even be able to sell more product and make you more money. Just a thought.

Worked for PEPID Medical Information Resources? Contribute to the Community!