PFSweb

Updated Mar 10, 2014

PFSweb Chairman, President, and CEO Mark C. Layton

Mark C. Layton

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was a great company who serves a multitude of different companies it was a great place to work at.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Plano, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time for less than a year

ProsThe ease of the training and people were great compliments to work there.

ConsThe complexity of some of the systems made it tough. Once learned it was a smooth transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromanage...

Third-party call centers always suffer the same problem... being cheap.

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee)
Plano, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time for more than a year

ProsSmall enough and growing fast enough to provide advancement opportunities.

ConsCheap contracts with their clients wins business, but means that the pay rate for agents is VERY low. Some of the contracts do not include paying for training or management, so the company skimps on both, leaving too little support for agents.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually bid a reasonable amount so you can pay for the support the agents need.

Very fun yet semi professional work environment.

Customer Service Representative/Claims Representative (Current Employee)
Plano, TX

I have been working at PFSweb

Prosfun, upbeat, business casual, moral boosting, uplifting, understanding management, flexibility, availabity of management when needed, awesome co-workers, work relationships that carry to friendships

ConsNot very understaning sometimes when bad weather does not allow to get to the workplace. It makes it really hard to get to work, especially when you want to be there, but can't get there.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt times, upper management tend to give the feeling that they are unapproachable to speak with. Sometimes it may be that they are too busy in meetings or meeting with even higher up management, either way, they don't seem to be available when they are needed. It would also be nice to just have 'pick me up' or 'moral boosting' meetings with the upper management.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An ok place to work

Corporate Trainer (Former Employee)

I worked at PFSweb

ProsGood balance between work and life; friendly, cheerful environment; easy access from highways to office; good benefits package for employees.

ConsManagement practices leave a little to be desired; employees are sometimes terminated in secretive ways; call center operations could be smoother.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart focusing on training your management as well as your lower level staff. Managers seem to have very little direction.

Worked for PFSweb? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PFSweb reviews and ratings in Plano, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PFSweb CEO Mark C. Layton. All reviews posted anonymously by PFSweb employees.