PFSweb

PFSweb Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014

PFSweb CEO Michael Willoughby

Michael Willoughby

Good starting point for a recent graduate to gain experience

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Allen, TX

ProsThe company is small, things are personal, and large amounts of responsibility are delegated to starting-level employees. The company is very much a "go get it" mindset, meaning any and all training is self driven, and you will not be given anything on a silver plate. While this gives a lot of learning, it is not necessarily good for developing new employees, and results in huge amounts of variation between what employees do and learn, even within the same function/job title.

ConsThe company suffers from poor management throughout the company; there is no "path to success", ongoing developmental programs, or required reviews/feedback from management. The company does have a yearly review, however, there is no requirement for managers to abide by this, so tracking development is nearly impossible.
    With this in mind, the amount of work one puts in has nearly no direct impact upon one's development and salary, as it is entirely in the hands of your direct manager, who may or may not voice your impact to high management, who approve/discuss any potential promotions.
    The company does seem to have a habit of paying lower than market for both new and tenured employees, so keep this in mind when setting expectations.

The company is structured as follows in the US :
    Allen, TX - Corporate office
    Dallas, TX - Call Center office
    Memphis, TN - Distribution Center
    The company also has locations in Leige and Manila, however, they are on a smaller scale and perform differently.

One of the most meaningful jobs in my career!

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Allen, TX

ProsExciting industry working with iconic brands, passionate people dedicated to the industry and an empowered culture where you get to drive your own destiny to success. It's impressive to see the growth and number of new logos added to the portfolio. Strong company core values that easily align with my own vision and commitment.

ConsGreat place to work if you like to be challenged and can think outside the box. For those needing significant structure and handholding, this may not be a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotion from within is a strong asset the company lives by. Building a strong foundation by investing in current talent should continue to be a focus for future growth.

Great First Job - Hit It and Quit It

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Allen, TX

ProsExcellent place to start a career. The environment is only semi-organized so it's small enough to make mistakes and learn how to be a professional, but large enough where you have exposure to how things should get done.

ConsHighly political, not a place for most people to build a career. Many non-political people who choose to stay beyond five years are laid off when times get tight or their account goes away. It's basically a DOTCOM company that hoarded enough to cash to not be killed off. They've never returned capital to investors and they aren't about to start. Shareholders aren't active so senior management simply keeps the place afloat to extract high salaries. It's run like a private company. If you have the opportunity, ride the job out for a few years and learn, then go work for an actual productive enterprise. I would guess they'll be acquired purely for their portfolio of brands in the next decade, they're sitting on piles of cash they stole from the capital markets so they'll plug along for awhile but they won't do anything revolution (and if you don't make friends with the right VP they'll lay you off eventually).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know what the scam is. Maybe eCost was a good idea right? No, uh, well lets have an interactive portfolio of... Seriously, are you kidding me? You're a distribution company, you should all be fired for the stock price (compare it now, even after a reverse split, to the IPO price) and replaced with people who aren't in on the skim.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't plan on making this a career

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsWorking in the Renaissance Tower in Downtown Dallas.

ConsTime off policies are lame, not much growth after becoming a rep, you don't get to pick your schedule even after having seniority, no significant pay raises for all your upselling and hard work, no resources to truly be attentive to customers. The list can go on............

Advice to Senior ManagementHire individuals that have actually worked in the outside world under that campaign OR people who have managed in hospitality/reservations in the outside world. The people they hire for management look good on paper but don't truly know how to delegate.

Actually, to be honest, I wouldn't even give it one star.

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Allen, TX

ProsThe pro of being here is that you'd be lucky to only spend a couple hours in the building.

ConsThe office culture was harsh. It's a tight cubicle environment and people openly demean and yell at each other on the floor. Managers openly talk about their employees' performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your managers and provide HR training. I was appalled by what I saw. Additionally, I've never been lied to, blatantly, to my face multiple times. Manager walks me up to my floor and tells me that I'm not going to last a week. It wasn't a joke.

It was a great company who serves a multitude of different companies it was a great place to work at.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsThe ease of the training and people were great compliments to work there.

ConsThe complexity of some of the systems made it tough. Once learned it was a smooth transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromanage...

Fun exciting workplace

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Allen, TX

ProsWork life balance is good and subject matter is fascinating

ConsTedious work can wear you out

Awesome work environment

Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee)
    Allen, TX

ProsExciting industry, growth company, significant career growth opportunities.

ConsCompany has had challenges retaining clients due to a rapidly evolving industry

Knowledgeable employees. Popularity contest.

Delivery Manager (Current Employee)
    Allen, TX

ProsPFSweb is a pioneer and has impressively evolved over the past 20 years while remaining one of the leading fulfillment companies in the industry. They have an excellent college recruit program. The offices are new and bright. There are new accounts that are helping the company grow, financially

ConsOld management is very clique-y. New management has no people skills. There is an obvious divide between those who are "in the circle", those who tip-toe, and those who are not "in the circle". Managers are given lots of freedom to do whatever they want so new employees aren't protected if something is mishandled or if that manager does not like you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in managers who understand the nuances between different employees and know how to work with different kinds of hard working smart people. Make sure

Would not recommend to older folks

Email Marketing (Former Employee)
    Allen, TX

ProsGood pay. Learned a lot.

ConsIf the managers don't like you they will blacklist you in the field and keep you from getting another job especially if you are older and don't fit in with their club.

Advice to Senior ManagementResearch and interview the candidate. Don't hire someone just to be a filler for a job you know won't last. Also, don't force someone to play volleyball against their will. I should have declined as I've never played volleyball. This was very humiliating.

Worked for PFSweb? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PFSweb reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PFSweb CEO Michael Willoughby. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by PFSweb employees.