PFSweb

PFSweb Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

PFSweb CEO Michael Willoughby

Michael Willoughby

One of the most meaningful jobs in my career!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsExciting industry working with iconic brands, passionate people dedicated to the industry and an empowered culture where you get to drive your own destiny to success. It's impressive to see the growth and number of new logos added to the portfolio. Strong company core values that easily align with my own vision and commitment.

ConsGreat place to work if you like to be challenged and can think outside the box. For those needing significant structure and handholding, this may not be a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotion from within is a strong asset the company lives by. Building a strong foundation by investing in current talent should continue to be a focus for future growth.

Awesome work environment

Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsExciting industry, growth company, significant career growth opportunities.

ConsCompany has had challenges retaining clients due to a rapidly evolving industry

Fun exciting workplace

Project Manager (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsWork life balance is good and subject matter is fascinating

ConsTedious work can wear you out

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sephora Account Representative

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe account learned was so much fun to do. I believe the sephora clients are so easy to work with and understanding.

ConsI think that there should be a longer training course.I don't think i was fully prepared to enter the call center floor after training.

Advice to Senior ManagementThat you guys are doing amazing and that there is nothing that you guys need to do or change!

Great team, excellent products, highly dedicated people, plenty of advancement potential.

Manager (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsThe people are excellent. From the top down and bottom up, they cultivate a positive, supportive work environment, and the attitude is one of success and advancement. Employee programs including fitness/wellness, training, recognition, and clear advancement paths indicate they really value their team members.

ConsPeriodically long hours are required for major projects. These are offset by employee awards, recognition, and comp time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing and expanding.

Great First Job - Hit It and Quit It

Account Manager (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsExcellent place to start a career. The environment is only semi-organized so it's small enough to make mistakes and learn how to be a professional, but large enough where you have exposure to how things should get done.

ConsHighly political, not a place for most people to build a career. Many non-political people who choose to stay beyond five years are laid off when times get tight or their account goes away. It's basically a DOTCOM company that hoarded enough to cash to not be killed off. They've never returned capital to investors and they aren't about to start. Shareholders aren't active so senior management simply keeps the place afloat to extract high salaries. It's run like a private company. If you have the opportunity, ride the job out for a few years and learn, then go work for an actual productive enterprise. I would guess they'll be acquired purely for their portfolio of brands in the next decade, they're sitting on piles of cash they stole from the capital markets so they'll plug along for awhile but they won't do anything revolution (and if you don't make friends with the right VP they'll lay you off eventually).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know what the scam is. Maybe eCost was a good idea right? No, uh, well lets have an interactive portfolio of... Seriously, are you kidding me? You're a distribution company, you should all be fired for the stock price (compare it now, even after a reverse split, to the IPO price) and replaced with people who aren't in on the skim.

It was a great company who serves a multitude of different companies it was a great place to work at.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe ease of the training and people were great compliments to work there.

ConsThe complexity of some of the systems made it tough. Once learned it was a smooth transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromanage...

Make a Difference

ProsEveryone has a chance to make an impact.
    Management seeks feedback.
    If you want to be in eCommerce, this is the place.

ConsThere isn't much of a downside. The company needs to manage it's customers, not the other way around.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on the path.

Very fun yet semi professional work environment.

Customer Service Representative/Claims Representative (Current Employee) Plano, TX

Prosfun, upbeat, business casual, moral boosting, uplifting, understanding management, flexibility, availabity of management when needed, awesome co-workers, work relationships that carry to friendships

ConsNot very understaning sometimes when bad weather does not allow to get to the workplace. It makes it really hard to get to work, especially when you want to be there, but can't get there.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt times, upper management tend to give the feeling that they are unapproachable to speak with. Sometimes it may be that they are too busy in meetings or meeting with even higher up management, either way, they don't seem to be available when they are needed. It would also be nice to just have 'pick me up' or 'moral boosting' meetings with the upper management.

Good starting point for a recent graduate to gain experience

Account Manager (Former Employee) Allen, TX

ProsThe company is small, things are personal, and large amounts of responsibility are delegated to starting-level employees. The company is very much a "go get it" mindset, meaning any and all training is self driven, and you will not be given anything on a silver plate. While this gives a lot of learning, it is not necessarily good for developing new employees, and results in huge amounts of variation between what employees do and learn, even within the same function/job title.

ConsThe company suffers from poor management throughout the company; there is no "path to success", ongoing developmental programs, or required reviews/feedback from management. The company does have a yearly review, however, there is no requirement for managers to abide by this, so tracking development is nearly impossible.
    With this in mind, the amount of work one puts in has nearly no direct impact upon one's development and salary, as it is entirely in the hands of your direct manager, who may or may not voice your impact to high management, who approve/discuss any potential promotions.
    The company does seem to have a habit of paying lower than market for both new and tenured employees, so keep this in mind when setting expectations.

The company is structured as follows in the US :
    Allen, TX - Corporate office
    Dallas, TX - Call Center office
    Memphis, TN - Distribution Center
    The company also has locations in Leige and Manila, however, they are on a smaller scale and perform differently.

Worked for PFSweb? Contribute to the Community!