PGA TOUR Superstore

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dick Sullivan

Hard Good Sales

Hardgoods Supervisor (Current Employee)
Roswell, GA

I have been working at PGA TOUR Superstore part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with and everyone gets along.

ConsWorking late hours isn't the greatest but thats retail!

Sales Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PGA TOUR Superstore part-time

ProsIt was a very laid back atmosphere.

ConsMost employees didn't care about customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees.

Best company culture I've ever seen

Westbury, NY

I have been working at PGA TOUR Superstore part-time for less than a year

ProsThis store is the largest golf store on Long Island by far. Management in my store is awesome. They have a great company culture and work environment here in the Westbury, NY store.

ConsIt's retail so there are some problem customers once in awhile.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

It's still retail

Professional Golf Club Fitter (Current Employee)
Paramus, NJ

Pros1) Friendly Staff
2) Employee Discount
3) Golf Clubs favor associates that work here
4) Opportunity to help avid golfers improve their game

I have been with this company for a year now. Through working here I have been able to sharpen my sales, merchandising, and customer service skills. After I graduated from college I choose this job in hopes I can become a team leader and influence a winning team. Just a matter of time before I get that opportunity.

Cons1) Low hours
2) Low Moral
3) Questionable management decisions
4) Survival of the fittest

Though my year working here the company has its positives, but there have been a lot of negatives. When I started working here it was a thrill to come into work. Now I need to figure out a way to excite myself even to show up. Management here has made some questionable hires along with some questionable demotions and terminations myself being one of them. Moral is low to the point where the employees main conversation during the work day is how their job search is going and the guessing of who is going to jump to golf galaxy when they relocate.

Normally I would have left the company and found a establishment that appreciates my dedication for success. What I have been told though as cold as it may be is that I was just paired with the wrong manager. I am slightly in a fantasy world I guess, but I stay because I love this company and want to grow with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith Management so busy with day to day operations they miss a lot of the unspoken hero's of their company. This causes questionable management decisions that become a poison in retail. If you truly want something special ask the associates or even supervisors. They will tell you who needs some attention and the concerns of the company.

Well equipped store provides lots of opportunity to teach and fit golf or tennis.

Golf Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Duluth, GA

I have been working at PGA TOUR Superstore part-time for more than a year

ProsGood inventory for sales, good support from management, nice break room with tv and ping pong table, friendly atmosphere, safe environment

ConsDifficult to move up unless willing to relocate, managers can be vague at times, poor job training,

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Unprofessional, uncaring, underpaying, unappreciative, incompetent

Hardgoods Supervisor (Former Employee)
Chandler, AZ

I worked at PGA TOUR Superstore full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFor the most part the fellow employees who all share a love for the game of golf is the only true plus side to working here. They finally implemented an employee discount program after several years of not having one.

ConsComplete disconnect from Corporate to store management to the store level employees.
You are expected to "drink the company Koolaide" and not question anything or anyone.

Whatever you do, don't bring up that you are not earning enough to survive on here. They fire people for that.
They don't care that you don't get enough hours or enough pay.

It's not performance based as the department increased substantially under my watch and direction. Instead of me or my department being recognized, the store GM got an award and bonus.

Some of the staff will stab you in the back if they feel it will make them look good and you look bad.

As a manager, don't stand up to corporate and demand your staff be compensated for the job they do and what they put up with. That will be considered being negative and questioning management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI already said my piece. You clearly don't care about your employees. Try actually training people from within your company instead of just hiring former Home Depot or Staples employees.

Current associate at the East Palo Alto store

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
East Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at PGA TOUR Superstore part-time for less than a year

Pros"GOLF" Disneyland. Fun working environment except for all the political bull that is everywhere. If you work hard and SMART you are acknowledged. Good team work especially when under staffed (which happens a lot ). If you want to learn about golf this is the place to be!

ConsLOW wages, mostly understaffed. Can't give customer service as company promises due to low staffing. If you hit the store at a time when it is overly crowded with customers you can't give what they expect. Poor team communication from mgmt...the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...too many services offered that can't be met. Low moral. Associates who are scheduled complain of too much work, associates who are not scheduled complain of no hours...

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the hard/smart workers....boost moral and teamwork. Get associates motivated....give more training time

6 and half years with PGATSS and still low pay and under staffed.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at PGA TOUR Superstore part-time for more than 5 years

ProsAfter over six years the company offered a discount to their workers.

ConsThe insentives to advance are low pay and double the work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit the people who really count that are on the floor and find out about tour company.

OK, Not Bad

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Chandler, AZ

I worked at PGA TOUR Superstore full-time for more than a year

ProsNice People, easy job, lots of customers so day goes by pretty fast, Easy to get the job, great management

Conslow salary, no discount, work on weekends and holidays, other than that it was a pretty good experience, the company promises everything once they go public

Advice to Senior Managementadminister employee discount.

Just opened

Associate (Current Employee)
East Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at PGA TOUR Superstore part-time for less than a year

ProsExcited to have open to public after a month of training

ConsIt's retail in the end regardless of "golf". Low team building efforts

Advice to Senior ManagementShare information and DELICATE to those hired that are capable

Worked for PGA TOUR Superstore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PGA TOUR Superstore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PGA TOUR Superstore CEO Dick Sullivan. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by PGA TOUR Superstore employees.