PHH Corp Reviews

2.7
PHH Corp President, CEO, and Director Glen A. Messina
Glen A. Messina

1. lending support

Pros

Good company to work for in terms of their training program. Co workers are also a plus and willing assist one another

Cons

Low base salary. Uncertain future with their recent layoffs in the past two years.

Advice to Management

My advice is to simply listed to the employees working there. Listed to everyday person on the floor doing the hard labor. Not just the supervisor/ director sitting inside an 8 ft wall just concerned about keeping their posh job,

2. Former Employee

Former Employee - Continued
    Former Employee - Continued

I worked at PHH Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, well intentioned, hard working want to do right by customers. Tries to do the best for its employees. Great relationships with outside companies.

Cons

Business plans are constantly changing and its hard to know what the clear direction of the company is. Too many cuts, too much change at one time.

Advice to Management

Develop a business plan and actually stick with it. Stop trying to cut your way to profitability. Focus on the core business and what you do well, focus on the customer. Empower people to do what they do best, take care of the borrowers.

3. Sales

Pros

-Opportunities to grow -Competitive Environment -Great way to get started in sales

Cons

-Benefits decrease every year -Majority of management only do the minimum

5. Wasted prime years being stuck at this place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

People I worked with great but stuck

Cons

Benefits suck,favoritism , sweat shop

Advice to Management

You lost all of your good people and now running it to the ground

6. Close-nit group

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

I worked at PHH Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work with friendly people. Lots of long-term employees that have been together for 10 to 20 years.

Cons

Corporate in NJ has no idea about Midwest culture and they don't care. Not a Minnesota owned company, more big business gobbling up small well run companies.

Advice to Management

The Minnesota region was great before you bought the company, it is your company so you can do what you want but you are ruining a good thing.

7. At times fun!

Former Employee - Advanced Technology Services Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Advanced Technology Services Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at PHH Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. Decent benefits. Decent salary.

Cons

Some senior leadership can be shady in certain depts.

Advice to Management

Treat staff like they are an asset to YOUR job and the organization. If they are not, get rid of them but, don't treat people with disrespect or ignorance.

Over 11 years dedicated service

Current Employee - Many Different Titles in Bayonne, NJ
    Current Employee - Many Different Titles in Bayonne, NJ

I have been working at PHH Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Like a young family at first - I didn't mind working nights, Saturdays, Sundays, early morning Company offered tons of OT, double your paycheck Inbound sales call center - like shooting fish in a barrel in Mt Laurel, NJ Great peer employees, we were all in the same boat together Great employee perks- in house credit union, gym, manicurist, massages, kick boxing, yoga, in house dry cleaner service, company store, cafeteria with hot food to order + food to go, cafeteria + break rooms where you could just chill quietly, new building every few years, courtyard to eat outside

Cons

Once the refi bubble popped, it was all over We gave loans to customers we would have never given loans to when I started We who drank the cool aide where now dispensable Originators threw sales QA under the bus for the loans that didn't pass muster, leadership did nothing Processing pay structure was changed right as my processor training ended, now you couldn't review your own documentation coming in to clear your conditions to get to closing = nightmare. customers faxing in things 3-4x but review group telling you nothing was received. we got beat up and by other processors' customers, we never got to speak with our own customers Bonuses were promised for getting processors who bailed pipelines to the closing table, then bonus was an issue 10+ years loyalty meant nothing when things got slow, now we weren't family anymore that all started together @ 55 Haddonfield Rd, now we became targets to reduce the huge work force that was hired when PHH was making all that $ using predatory lending when the getting was good Employees who took voluntary separation packages for allot of $ were allowed to return to work - all they had to state was that they didn't go to work for a competitor - what kind of message did that send to those of us who stayed?

Advice to Management

You broke the heart of many that trusted what you told us fresh out of college, loyal and naïve Treat your employees the same way when things are busy as they are when they slow down, it's not our fault if you hired too many in the throws of greedy predatory lending STOP hiring in the front door and firing out the back door > reputation is shot Restore the PHH reputation you had @ 55 Haddonfield Rd when people wanted to work there

9. Mortgage Advisor

Current Employee - Mortgage Advisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Mortgage Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at PHH Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for, Commission Comp Plan good. Great Culture. Made you feel like part of the Family

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement unless you lived by there Corporate office or by one of there main Operations Centers

Advice to Management

Keep the course

10. Very good company to be a part of

Pros

Pay, Benefits and Employee focus is excellent

Cons

limited industry depth for future growth

11. Poor Culture; Policies enforced but not followed by Exec Mgmt.

Former Employee - Administrative in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at PHH Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salary ranges; decent benefits. Great on site cafeteria - fair prices. Hard working middle management.

Cons

Exec Management not adhering to proposed mission and ethics. Tone at the top is very elitist; even within exec mgmt. team there is dissention. Frequent lay offs due to the cyclical nature of mortgage business. Vendors/contractors often given priority and treated better than PHH employees. Overall untrustworthy management team.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Develop a more cohesive mgmt. team and cultured environment. Become more transparent and communicative about forthcoming changes in company.

RSS Feed </> Embed