PHH Corp Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014
2.1

PHH Corp President, CEO, and Director Glen A. Messina
Glen A. Messina

Very good company to be a part of

I have been working at PHH Corp

Pros

Pay, Benefits and Employee focus is excellent

Cons

limited industry depth for future growth

run away if you can

I have been working at PHH Corp

Pros

have not experienced any pros

Cons

far away, treat consultants differently than perm. 37.5 hr work week for employees 40 hr for consultants

Poor Culture; Policies enforced but not followed by Exec Mgmt.

Former Employee - Administrative in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at PHH Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent salary ranges; decent benefits. Great on site cafeteria - fair prices. Hard working middle management.

Cons

Exec Management not adhering to proposed mission and ethics. Tone at the top is very elitist; even within exec mgmt. team there is dissention. Frequent lay offs due to the cyclical nature of mortgage business. Vendors/contractors often given priority and treated better than PHH employees. Overall untrustworthy management team.

Practice what you preach. Develop a more cohesive mgmt. team and cultured environment. Become more transparent and communicative about forthcoming changes in company.

The Company Lies

Former Employee - Windows 7 Implementation
    Former Employee - Windows 7 Implementation

I worked at PHH Corp as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

New Jersey people were nice

Cons

CIO makes promises he has no intention to keep. I was promised the PMO Director position, after putting me in another position he SAID was needed - He hired a PMO director. Once completed he let me go

KEEP PROMISES

Good people to work with but resources are limited and management hires managers instead of workers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at PHH Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people make the company. The senior management is ok.

Cons

The company is in transition.

You should value your employees more. You should invest in them instead of cutting the training budget year after year.

unrealistic expectations

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at PHH Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

nice clean workplace. a lot of raffles to win cool stuff... thorough training.

Cons

being a 3rd party servicer they are too eager to bend over backwards for their clients and promise unrealistic outcomes to them and in turn the bring down the heat on their employees. always laying off every year and they refuse to make the changes that would actually make the job tolerable. Instead they beat their heads against the wall every year hire and layoff **every year. It I the definition of crazy.

stand up to your clients in a way that will make them see your value instead of promising things that nobody could deliver ... stop being a coward and make the changes that would actually make the job expectations achievable.

Used to be great, now conflicted

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at PHH Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary and facilities: good cafeteria and prices, credit union, snack shop, work out room, popcorn on Fridays, training (as needed, not as wanted)

Cons

Management is stuck in short term thinking. They hire and fire without planning so employees have very little job security and consistent guidance. Town Meetings are a joke.

Escape your meetings once in a while to get in touch with the workers on the floor

Tough place to work

I worked at PHH Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a good place to learn. There is a lot going on and short deadlines.

Cons

Upper Management has not shared their goals or vision of where the Company needs to go. There is a churn of senior management that leaves the team unsettled due to changing priorities.

Tell the employees where you want to take the company and how you want to get there. Provide transparency regarding goals and employee reviews.

Why I left - since no one bothered with an exit interview....

Former Employee - Underwriter in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at PHH Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was one of few that wasn't being watched like a hawk....

Cons

In order to meet the # of files we were required to work per day, I came in early, worked late, worked thru breaks and lunches, just to break even and not once was recognized for it. I am a very hard worker, so it wasn't that I was struggling with getting the work done in time...it was that the amount of work expected to do was unreasonable...then they INCREASED the number of files we had to do, in addition to telling us we had to be available to answer all of the LP's questions and basically be at their disposal, AND do our files 99% accurately. Late last year they told us about "all of the great jobs and opportunities that will be available so to watch for them and post". People that I know that have posted have been told a # of inconsistent and irregular things for not being chosen...such as not having any management experience for an "Assistant Supervisor's" job, or not having the right sign-off....then they turn around and give the job to a Loan Processor with NO underwriting experience AND NO management experience....only thing going for them is being friends with the Manager...and this goes ON and ON and ON...it's amazing the favoritism and nepotism that goes on here....one manager has bounced around from department to department for the 3 years I have been there...not spending enough time anywhere to make an impact, but because she is friends with the Manager, she is allowed to do what she wants. The supervisors, in general, treat employers like DIRT....I have NEVER worked anywhere where sups and managers and VP's alike will walk past people and not even smile or say "hello", no acknowledgement, nothing. The click is ridiculous and THOSE are the only people that get selected for anything. They started handing out "quality" awards and when I inquired as to how to qualify for the award....never got an explanation....was told they could not provide our quality scores, yet they were giving out awards for "top" quality. When I asked.."then how can you give out quality awards when you don't have scores", I just got a laugh and a comment that the awards "didn't mean anything, that it was just to appease New Jersey to SAY they were giving out recognition". SERIOUSLY????????? WHAT value does an award have when you are just handing them out willy nilly??? A WHOLE LOT of opportunity for Glen and his team to make improvements at this site...this is low hanging fruit stuff!! But he's only been to visit on 2 occasions to make promises, then nothing gets done. Employees have expressed their concern about the treatment they've received by sups and managers and how no one wants to come forward for fear of retlaliation...... I am one that if I had an issue, I would NEVER bring it to HR or anyone's attention because I saw too many times when others who did were suddenly on someone's "list" and their lives were made very difficult. Yet the promise was made that this was not going to be tolerated and people needed to feel comfortable coming forward..... people still don't come forward because Glen's not there and he doesn't know what's really going on when he's not....he apparently trusts the management in the Jacksonville office, and that is his first mistake!! PAY is another issue... we have been telling them for quite some time that the underwriters are underpaid. Yet while the LP's continue to get pay bumps and raises, bonuses, weekly parties, and all kinds of recogntion, the underwriters get NOTHING. As a result, underwriters are leaving by the droves for greener pastures, but management just turns a blind eye like it's not happening and they don't know why we are leaving!! Amazed at this place and how they are able to keep the doors open....the doors are revolving, especially with the LP's that it seems they pick up literally off the streets with NO experience and don't know how to talk on the phone, how to e-mail people professionally, or how to even ACT in a professional environment....yet they expect them to talk with very high level employees at the investors, and to speak with very intelligent and wealthy clients that are trying to get a mortgage.....no end to my amazement.

I have none....you apparently think you know what you are doing and are on your own paths, without the input from your employees on the front line. So, deal with your poor employee surveys and continue to "wonder" why employees are so unhappy, ask for our feedback, then ignore us....at least in the Jax office!!!

THE SO SO PHH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, MD

I have been working at PHH Corp

Pros

the benefits are great and the willingness to allow for time off when needed.

Cons

management never takes advise or listens and when they do they take credit for those ideas. underpaid and overworked.

listen to the workers do not just drive the company down morally.