PHH Corp

Be The First To
Add Photos

PHH Corp President, CEO, and Director Glen A. Messina

Glen A. Messina

Good people to work with but resources are limited and management hires managers instead of workers.

(Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsThe people make the company. The senior management is ok.

ConsThe company is in transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should value your employees more. You should invest in them instead of cutting the training budget year after year.

unrealistic expectations

Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

Prosnice clean workplace. a lot of raffles to win cool stuff... thorough training.

Consbeing a 3rd party servicer they are too eager to bend over backwards for their clients and promise unrealistic outcomes to them and in turn the bring down the heat on their employees. always laying off every year and they refuse to make the changes that would actually make the job tolerable. Instead they beat their heads against the wall every year hire and layoff **every year. It I the definition of crazy.

Advice to Senior Managementstand up to your clients in a way that will make them see your value instead of promising things that nobody could deliver ... stop being a coward and make the changes that would actually make the job expectations achievable.

Used to be great, now conflicted

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsDecent salary and facilities: good cafeteria and prices, credit union, snack shop, work out room, popcorn on Fridays, training (as needed, not as wanted)

ConsManagement is stuck in short term thinking. They hire and fire without planning so employees have very little job security and consistent guidance. Town Meetings are a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementEscape your meetings once in a while to get in touch with the workers on the floor

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tough place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a good place to learn. There is a lot going on and short deadlines.

ConsUpper Management has not shared their goals or vision of where the Company needs to go. There is a churn of senior management that leaves the team unsettled due to changing priorities.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the employees where you want to take the company and how you want to get there. Provide transparency regarding goals and employee reviews.

Why I left - since no one bothered with an exit interview....

Underwriter (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsI was one of few that wasn't being watched like a hawk....

ConsIn order to meet the # of files we were required to work per day, I came in early, worked late, worked thru breaks and lunches, just to break even and not once was recognized for it. I am a very hard worker, so it wasn't that I was struggling with getting the work done in time...it was that the amount of work expected to do was unreasonable...then they INCREASED the number of files we had to do, in addition to telling us we had to be available to answer all of the LP's questions and basically be at their disposal, AND do our files 99% accurately. Late last year they told us about "all of the great jobs and opportunities that will be available so to watch for them and post". People that I know that have posted have been told a # of inconsistent and irregular things for not being chosen...such as not having any management experience for an "Assistant Supervisor's" job, or not having the right sign-off....then they turn around and give the job to a Loan Processor with NO underwriting experience AND NO management experience....only thing going for them is being friends with the Manager...and this goes ON and ON and ON...it's amazing the favoritism and nepotism that goes on here....one manager has bounced around from department to department for the 3 years I have been there...not spending enough time anywhere to make an impact, but because she is friends with the Manager, she is allowed to do what she wants. The supervisors, in general, treat employers like DIRT....I have NEVER worked anywhere where sups and managers and VP's alike will walk past people and not even smile or say "hello", no acknowledgement, nothing. The click is ridiculous and THOSE are the only people that get selected for anything. They started handing out "quality" awards and when I inquired as to how to qualify for the award....never got an explanation....was told they could not provide our quality scores, yet they were giving out awards for "top" quality. When I asked.."then how can you give out quality awards when you don't have scores", I just got a laugh and a comment that the awards "didn't mean anything, that it was just to appease New Jersey to SAY they were giving out recognition". SERIOUSLY????????? WHAT value does an award have when you are just handing them out willy nilly??? A WHOLE LOT of opportunity for Glen and his team to make improvements at this site...this is low hanging fruit stuff!! But he's only been to visit on 2 occasions to make promises, then nothing gets done. Employees have expressed their concern about the treatment they've received by sups and managers and how no one wants to come forward for fear of retlaliation...... I am one that if I had an issue, I would NEVER bring it to HR or anyone's attention because I saw too many times when others who did were suddenly on someone's "list" and their lives were made very difficult. Yet the promise was made that this was not going to be tolerated and people needed to feel comfortable coming forward..... people still don't come forward because Glen's not there and he doesn't know what's really going on when he's not....he apparently trusts the management in the Jacksonville office, and that is his first mistake!! PAY is another issue... we have been telling them for quite some time that the underwriters are underpaid. Yet while the LP's continue to get pay bumps and raises, bonuses, weekly parties, and all kinds of recogntion, the underwriters get NOTHING. As a result, underwriters are leaving by the droves for greener pastures, but management just turns a blind eye like it's not happening and they don't know why we are leaving!! Amazed at this place and how they are able to keep the doors open....the doors are revolving, especially with the LP's that it seems they pick up literally off the streets with NO experience and don't know how to talk on the phone, how to e-mail people professionally, or how to even ACT in a professional environment....yet they expect them to talk with very high level employees at the investors, and to speak with very intelligent and wealthy clients that are trying to get a mortgage.....no end to my amazement.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none....you apparently think you know what you are doing and are on your own paths, without the input from your employees on the front line. So, deal with your poor employee surveys and continue to "wonder" why employees are so unhappy, ask for our feedback, then ignore us....at least in the Jax office!!!

THE SO SO PHH

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sparks, MD

Prosthe benefits are great and the willingness to allow for time off when needed.

Consmanagement never takes advise or listens and when they do they take credit for those ideas. underpaid and overworked.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the workers do not just drive the company down morally.

Rewarding, but hard work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsVery customer focused, highly motivated

ConsVery demanding and fast-changing business environment

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the complexity of the business and the details

so-so

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosstable
    fun people
    reliable
    interesting (learned a lot)

Consbenefits
    pay
    highly stressful
    demanding schedule
    communication with management

Advice to Senior Managementbetter pay and benefits

On a downward slide

Fleet (Current Employee)

ProsHigh Pay, Freedom to do your work as you see fit. At one point, PHH was the best in the industry. We are putting out some great technology for our clients.

ConsPoor Benefits, Poor leadership, PHH has been on a downward slide since the failed merger with GE. The operational side of the business is lacking due to a high turnover and poor employee morale. People need to care about the quality of work they put out.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to clean out the old guard with their old allegiances. The old tactics are not working. Promoting your friends and relatives isn't working either. We are skating by on our reputation but that plan isn't a long term strategy. We need to improve employee morale in order to get them to care about the work they are doing.

Worked for PHH Corp? Contribute to the Community!