PHH Mortgage

www.phhmortgagesolutions.com

PHH Mortgage Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
PHH Mortgage – US – “Small Office inside locate Realty Company”

PHH Mortgage – US – “Small Office inside locate Realty Company”

PHH Mortgage President David Tucker

David Tucker

Pros
  • inbound leads potential to make 6 figures work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• A great place to get your start in the mortgage business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Empty promises, constant changes in requirements, poor training, favoritism, no work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management and the continuous talk of layoffs and the company being sold (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWant you to learn as much as you can.

ConsThere are no cons to working there.

Fun while it lasted

Mortgage Loan Consultant (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe people are amazing. I enjoyed my colleagues, supervisors and our daily life at work. Management genuinely wants to see you succeed, and they do everything in their power to help you do so.

ConsCompany is re positioning assets for significant change. Most likely see some offices closed, or moved within the next 12 months. Wouldnt suggest for a long-term employment solution.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication to employees should have been better. We had a disconnect between what was important and what wasnt with our senior management.

I would work here again.

Senior Underwriter L3B (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsIt was a remote underwriting position.

ConsUpper management makes decisions to move you around to other teams without even asking if it is ok with the employee....you never know from one day to the next where you will be assigned to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK...but, they will cut you loose

Underwriter (Former Employee) Elizabeth, NJ

ProsGood for entry level work

ConsLay offs, lay offs, lay off. PHH has a horrible history of them...just search it on google.

Advice to Senior Managementquit

Poor Management

ProsWork independently without much supervision

ConsEmpty promises, constant changes in requirements, poor training, favoritism

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch for excuses, look at actual performance numbers not managers suggestions
    Look at actual experience on job vs. where they came from?

Too many layoffs!!

Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat building and good people.

ConsLayoffs happen every time interest rate increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way for everyone to work together and stop the backstabbing.

Great people and excellent training!

Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsGreat people, decent benefits, very nice facility. Generally caring co-working and staff.

ConsNot always reasonable production expectations (if quality was your tendency) especially in light of a CONSTANTLY changing departmental assignments and process changes.

PHH LO

Loan Originator (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe money when it is good and the people in the Jacksonville office

ConsUpper management and the continuous talk of layoffs and the company being sold

Advice to Senior ManagementAll Mount Laurel managers need to be relieved of their duties.

Unstable but good

ProsGreat co-workers, good opportunities, great vacation and sick time and I love my position

ConsThere have been 3 major layoffs reacting to the market in the past 3 years and there is always an underlying uncertainty with the positions. It causes a lot of stress and makes it hard to put your heart into the job.

Sinking Ship

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe people (not senior management) that's it at this point.

ConsThe people and culture was awesome when Terry Edwards was the CEO, the new leadership is terrible. Most came from GE and know nothing about Mortgages, they have managed to build a sweat shop and are now selling and laying off employees to make the books look good. They have had 3 layoffs since August of 2013, one right before Christmas (who does that?). No more client focused, if we did something wrong there is no ownership to make it right if there is a costs to the company. Frontline leaders, middle manager and VPs are not empowered. It seems like everything has to run through the SVPs.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up you are in over your heads and the company is losing integrity and good standing daily.

Worked for PHH Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!